Theory Posted June 15, 2017 Author Posted June 15, 2017 i can get all the parts for budget done and ordered with next day delivery in less than half an hour Okay, Mr. I Can Passing down my current set-up to my brother, cost £3200 total. Getting myself a new one. Budget - Because it's for me £4500. (A nice number) Including peripherals. Go. (Don't actually order anything, just build me one, and I'll build myself one when I get home, I'll compare)
DJ-1701 Posted June 15, 2017 Posted June 15, 2017 I'm the opposite, if someone asks me to build them a PC (have done in past done about 3 or 4 for friends now) i can get all the parts for budget done and ordered with next day delivery in less than half an hour Okay, Mr. I Can Passing down my current set-up to my brother, cost £3200 total. Getting myself a new one. Budget - Because it's for me £4500. (A nice number) Including peripherals. Go. (Don't actually order anything, just build me one, and I'll build myself one when I get home, I'll compare) Aren't you finished yet @DalekSec?
Theory Posted June 15, 2017 Author Posted June 15, 2017 Aren't you finished yet @DalekSec? Also gotta price'em, I may end up mix-matching the two outcomes.
DalekSec Posted June 15, 2017 Posted June 15, 2017 I'm currently at work, and i have to rebuild my own PC when i get home! But i'm willing to do it once i've finished building my PC
ICTDirect_Dave Posted June 15, 2017 Posted June 15, 2017 PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant CPU: Intel - Core i7-6950X 3.0GHz 10-Core Processor (£1399.49 @ Scan.co.uk) CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (£92.34 @ Aria PC) Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-X99-Ultra Gaming ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard (£269.99 @ Amazon UK) Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (£262.78 @ Amazon UK) Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (£262.78 @ Amazon UK) Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (£209.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk) Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda Pro 10TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£369.95 @ Amazon UK) Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GAMING X Video Card (£696.98 @ CCL Computers) Case: NZXT - S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case (£69.98 @ CCL Computers) Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£92.67 @ BT Shop) Monitor: Asus - ROG SWIFT PG348Q 34.0" 3440x1440 100Hz Monitor (£959.94 @ Aria PC) Total: £4686.89 Done!
ICTDirect_Dave Posted June 15, 2017 Posted June 15, 2017 I hit budget. Plus it's a Ti, not a measly 1080 like you or I have. He can use some more of that sweet sweet disposable income to buy a second in a month or two 1
DalekSec Posted June 15, 2017 Posted June 15, 2017 I hit budget. Plus it's a Ti, not a measly 1080 like you or I have. He can use some more of that sweet sweet disposable income to buy a second in a month or two I might have to sell my two 1080s soon to buy a 1080ti, these two are reaching 87C while playing overwatch (Damn founders editions), hence why i've brought a better air flow case and some sup'd up fans! (The RGB is a huge bonus obviously), have to wait to tonight to see if the case and fans improved my cooling!
Theory Posted June 15, 2017 Author Posted June 15, 2017 Monitor: Asus - ROG SWIFT PG348Q 34.0" 3440x1440 100Hz Monitor (£959.94 @ Aria PC) In terms of monitor, I'm more of a two/three-monitor kinda guy, but that is a very nice suggestion
ICTDirect_Dave Posted June 15, 2017 Posted June 15, 2017 In terms of monitor, I'm more of a two/three-monitor kinda guy, but that is a very nice suggestion More than one screen is a mugs game 34" curved ultra wide is where it's at!
Theory Posted June 15, 2017 Author Posted June 15, 2017 What's stopping me from getting a 34" for gaming and a - lets say 24" for whatever else
DalekSec Posted June 16, 2017 Posted June 16, 2017 More than one screen is a mugs game 34" curved ultra wide is where it's at! I have an ultrawide and a 4k monitor! Best of both worlds
NB9457 Posted June 16, 2017 Posted June 16, 2017 Buy a fast car, more fun than computers, especially for £4.5k
ICTDirect_Dave Posted June 16, 2017 Posted June 16, 2017 What's stopping me from getting a 34" for gaming and a - lets say 24" for whatever else Nothing really. But... I prefer to let the PC deal with games only. Anything else, Tv, Movies, Chat etc I do on my 17" MSI laptop that sits next to my screen. I have an ultrawide and a 4k monitor! Best of both worlds but we all know I'm envious of your setup 1
Theory Posted June 16, 2017 Author Posted June 16, 2017 Buy a fast car, more fun than computers, especially for £4.5k Cant drive a car, and I cant get a bigger bike at the moment so
DalekSec Posted June 16, 2017 Posted June 16, 2017 Moving my case to a new one yesterday... switched it on.... none of the LEDS on the fans came on.... Turns out the LED controller on the Corsair 570x only supports the Corsair SP range, and i replaced the fans with the HD range :/ Had to order the correct controller, luckily it's coming today!
ICTDirect_Dave Posted June 16, 2017 Posted June 16, 2017 Moving my case to a new one yesterday... switched it on.... none of the LEDS on the fans came on.... Turns out the LED controller on the Corsair 570x only supports the Corsair SP range, and i replaced the fans with the HD range :/ Had to order the correct controller, luckily it's coming today! How scared were you at that moment?
bald_pig Posted June 16, 2017 Posted June 16, 2017 Moving my case to a new one yesterday... switched it on.... none of the LEDS on the fans came on.... Turns out the LED controller on the Corsair 570x only supports the Corsair SP range, and i replaced the fans with the HD range :/ Had to order the correct controller, luckily it's coming today! I love that case, when I scrape together enough for a new build...
DalekSec Posted June 16, 2017 Posted June 16, 2017 I love that case, when I scrape together enough for a new build... Agreed it looks mega! Once i finish it tonight and do all the cable tidying and put the correct controller in anyway...
Theory Posted June 16, 2017 Author Posted June 16, 2017 The Corsair 570x is quite a nice case actually, but I'm still a fan of my storm stryker cooler master in white
DalekSec Posted June 16, 2017 Posted June 16, 2017 The Corsair 570x is quite a nice case actually, but I'm still a fan of my storm stryker cooler master in white Bit overpowering for my taste, i like clean looking cases, like the 570x, H440 and S340 Elite Went with the 570x for all the tempered glass and RGB capabilities! o and better airflow of course....
Theory Posted June 16, 2017 Author Posted June 16, 2017 If I was going to build a PC with more RGB than I currently have, I'd most definitely get a 570x, I'm a fan of corsair, got their mouse and keyboard too
DalekSec Posted June 16, 2017 Posted June 16, 2017 If I was going to build a PC with more RGB than I currently have, I'd most definitely get a 570x, I'm a fan of corsair, got their mouse and keyboard too Sames, Keyboard, PSU, RAM, Fans, Case, CPU Cooler and Headphones all Corsair!
Theory Posted June 16, 2017 Author Posted June 16, 2017 They're good at what they do, so I'm going to remain loyal to them, I've used them since my first ever build.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now