pete Posted January 26, 2017 Posted January 26, 2017 (edited) If it's the first time a person has run ActivInspire, they're asked: "Which of the applications below are you most familiar with?" With a choice of ActivStudio 3, ActivPrimary (I think) or Powerpoint. Which file is that choice stored in for subsequent logins? Can I set a default (ActivStudio 3) somewhere? Edited January 26, 2017 by pete
markiof Posted January 26, 2017 Posted January 26, 2017 Hi It saves the setting per user, so a new user will have to make the choice first time they start ActivInspire. There is no way to set this by default globally for all users. The data is stored at C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\Promethean\ActivInspire\UserProfile You should only have to do this once per user per machine. If you need to do it more than this then that implies something else is wrong.
LeMarchand Posted January 26, 2017 Posted January 26, 2017 I asked about this recently; exchange starts here: http://www.edugeek.net/forums/promethean-direct-support/137636-activinspire-primary-look-feel-default-all-users.html#post1527765 If your install is "baked into" your image it seems to stick until someone changes it. 1
pete Posted January 26, 2017 Author Posted January 26, 2017 It's more of a "removing a delay involved in dithering over decisions that don't make much difference" would-be-nice. But if it's gunked in amongst the 200-ish binary .io files, then yeah - it's a lost cause unless I put it in the default profile on the device when sysprepping.
Recommended Posts