tosca925 Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 Posted 27 January 2006 03:07 PM A 1200 pupil, 200 staff, vibrant school with energy and new ideas. Due to expansion of our wide-ranging modern ICT facilities, we are looking to appoint an ICT NETWORK ENGINEER to assist the ICT Services Team in delivering technical support and services throughout the school. NETWORK ENGINEER Salary Range C1 (£15,372-£20,295) We are seeking to recruit a Network Engineer to assist the ICT Services Team in delivering technical support and services throughout the school. We currently have over 600 high-spec networked computers, 30 Interactive whiteboards with data projectors, 50+ printers and a variety of other ICT peripherals. In addition, we have just opened a brand new building which houses state-of-the-art ICT classrooms and video conferencing facilities. The successful candidate will have experience of: • Installing, repairing and managing PCs, printers and other ICT hardware in a networked environment. • Installing and managing MS Windows 2000 Professional • XP Professional clients running MS Office. • Some knowledge of networking technology, including TCP/IP, switches and wireless LANs is essential. In addition, experience of Active Directory, Windows 2000 and 2003 Servers, Ranger, Facility/CMIS, ePortal and AV equipment would be an advantage. The post holder will deal with a wide range of ICT systems and customers, good communication skills are therefore essential. Recent experience working in a school environment would be helpful. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will enjoy benefits, including a pension and private healthcare scheme, subject to satisfactory health check, and training where necessary. If you are interested in becoming part of our dynamic team please contact us for an information pack and application form:- Sue Moss Personnel Manager New Brompton College, Marlborough Road, Gillingham, Kent, ME7 5HT Email: [email protected] Tel: 01634 852341 ext 619
john Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 Sounds like a nice job, shame is not in North Yorkshrie
webman Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 Yes, damn. Shame I don't live in Kent. Where are all the jobs in the North!?
john Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 I wish there was more up near North Yorkshire / Lancashire as I am always on the look out for better prospects
webman Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 I just want to get away from working in the middle of a classroom and scanning documents
ChrisH Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 Thats why I dont have a scanner in my room. Also why are you in the middle of a classroom!!!
john Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 As his office is built in the middle of the IT suite??? I am next to one hidden away, and the copier is my scanner, but I have had scanners in my room before as we find the ye olde textbridge runs best as an administrator rather than domain user so I tend to do it as a favour for selected staff who we know will provide us a favour back, and it works! I a getting my office painted, a new window and new carpet!!!
Dos_Box Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 I wish there was more up near North Yorkshire / Lancashire as I am always on the look out for better prospects There often is. Just look at the jobs vacancy section of the Lancashire COunty Councils' web site http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/corporate/vacancies/index.asp as we always advertise our school vacancies there. Sometimes it is quite full of educational IT jobs. And you get to meet me
john Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 OOH, I can hardly wait! It needs to be near the Lancs / Yorks border for me though, CBA to travel to Preston every day
webman Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 John, ChrisH: Long story. Office? Nah.. more like a cage. What more could I ask for? The loud noise of the class room is not a problem either And scanning? All in aid of our forth-coming VLE apparently.
john Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 @webman, poor you! At least you use an isp that is decent (or was until Pipex )
webman Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 Thanks John.. yeah, now I got my driving license I can find somewhere that understands the requirement for IT Support Yep.. they were great.. now they also change the TOS without informing people (traffic shaping). Once I move I'll probably migrate back to Zen
john Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 My service is still ok (touching lots of wooden things around me), I am not a torrent user really, so does not bother me, and my mailserver, and webserver work well still so i am sticking for now. I wish i could justify the cost of Zen as its rather expensive for a 2MB connection, but when I get a pay rise or change school who knows!
webman Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 Ah well.. you may not notice it so much then Fingers crossed
MkII Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 Thats amazing Webman! Looks pretty plush otherwise.
webman Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 It'd be alright if it weren't for the noise level
mac_shinobi Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 lol @ cage They trying to keep you there or something, maybe they forgot the steel door with the lock and chain lol
webman Posted January 28, 2006 Posted January 28, 2006 Lol yeah.. its actually possible to get locked in as the lock and handle only exist on the outside I bet most of you lot have a nice quiet office/server room away from classrooms 8O Sorry to divert off-topic :oops:
ChrisH Posted January 29, 2006 Posted January 29, 2006 Mines between two classrooms so not exactly quiet. Its also pretty much open plan with me having one half and two teachers sharing the other half. My side is is sectioned off with a couple of cupboards with a gap inbetween. I keep asking for that partion wall every year since its quiete easy to wonder in and take something. Maybe this will be my lucky year The size isnt too bad though as its the size of a small classroom.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now