SimpleSi Posted January 27, 2008 Posted January 27, 2008 Just moved from cable to Sky Broadband (to get Sky+ box/Sky Sports) and needed to put a telephone extension in main server room (wife calls it the spare bedroom ) as that's where all my cables go to. When I re-plugged in the Sky router I noticed I was only geting 1.7MBs instead of the 6.7MBs I'd got when it was plugged into the master socket in the living room. Since I finished off the extension wiring in the dark - I thought I must have done something nasty to the cable It was only when someone rang us this morning and I couldn't hear them properly due to some interference on the line did the light go on - I'd forgotten to put a microfilter in the circuit back in the living room :( regards Simon PS And to think that people pay me to come to their house and sort out their broadband problems
contink Posted January 27, 2008 Posted January 27, 2008 LOL... You'd never catch me doing anything that daft... Nope... no chance... .. I wish!
FN-GM Posted January 27, 2008 Posted January 27, 2008 Sounds like something I would do. I have currently got into the terrible habit of when I replace hard drives I take the old one out, replace with a new one screw the case back up without connecting the cables.
mac_shinobi Posted January 27, 2008 Posted January 27, 2008 I think I have only done something like that once when I was putting a new hard drive in as a slave and forgot to change the jumper pins on it and ever since then I always stick the jumper pin either on the correct pins that or set it so that it is on auto so it swaps for me ( mostly the latter ). Ive only had Cable until now and am with http://www.bethere.co.uk and there speeds seem to be decent along with a decent price. Always room for error though
comedydave Posted January 27, 2008 Posted January 27, 2008 What are you like? What has this world come to for you to be using "Catherine Tate" markup tags! How very dare you!
Edu-IT Posted January 27, 2008 Posted January 27, 2008 What has this world come to for you to be using "Catherine Tate" markup tags! How very dare you! Are you disrespectin' me?
russdev Posted January 27, 2008 Posted January 27, 2008 Thats it close the site the Catherine Tate virus has infected EduGeek.net end is nigh and all that..... Russ
comedydave Posted January 27, 2008 Posted January 27, 2008 Are you 'aveing a laff? Is he 'aving a laff?
EduTech Posted January 27, 2008 Posted January 27, 2008 Well i have never done that but i have done stupid things in the past, like install a new hard drive and forget to connect it to the mobo. before i relise it is that going crazy lol trying to find out what is the problem hehe. How is your connection now is it all gd yh I am with Sky (16mb down 1.5 up) actually only get 15 meg down and 1 meg up but i dont mind. makes a change living 0.2 mils away from the exchange instead of like 1 mile + hehe I also have Be Unlimited (i use that for my servers so it dnt kill my bandwith on my sky connection) Regards James P.S. How did cathrine tate get into this thread anyways :S
Edu-IT Posted January 28, 2008 Posted January 28, 2008 P.S. How did cathrine tate get into this thread anyways :SI dunno! (I used Catherine Tate markup tags)
SimpleSi Posted January 28, 2008 Author Posted January 28, 2008 How is your connection now is it all gd yh Its fine again -same speed as master socket Once thing I've noticed - sky hide the router logon username and password for some strange reason but it all seems to work ok. regards Simon
CESIL Posted January 28, 2008 Posted January 28, 2008 'ere, stop messing about.... oops, showing my age there...
pooley Posted January 28, 2008 Posted January 28, 2008 Its fine again -same speed as master socket Once thing I've noticed - sky hide the router logon username and password for some strange reason but it all seems to work ok. regards Simon Sky router login is user - admin pass - sky
TechMonkey Posted January 28, 2008 Posted January 28, 2008 Last I heard new routers have had the password changed and it is harder to get at now. Not as easy as the old ones where the instructions shot round the web faster than a really fast thing. Ohhh and one more Cathrine Tateism on here and Bessie comes out /Racks shotgun
Edu-IT Posted January 28, 2008 Posted January 28, 2008 I've just realised that my Catherine Tate code isn't semantic!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now