beancole Posted January 27, 2016 Posted January 27, 2016 Has anyone recently done any of these certs? I did my CCNA in college but that was 9 years ago. I have been working in schools for the last 5 years and have experience admining a network but its limited and I have forgotten so much of the stuff from the exams. I have found some Youtube stuff and some reading material so I am on the way but I can't find anywhere where I can sit the exam? Anyone done it recently able to advise. I read something about it now being online but surely it must be sat in a test centre?
beancole Posted January 27, 2016 Author Posted January 27, 2016 I should add I can find plenty of training centers but I don't want the course just the exam.
maxrebo Posted January 27, 2016 Posted January 27, 2016 I'm just picking my MCSA up again to beef my CV up. I'm hoping to get it finished and pass the 3 exams by the end of the year. IMO the MS route is better for techs working in schools. The Cisco certs I have studied part of the CCNA and I found I will never need 95% of this when working in a school. It all depends on your plan on where you want to be though.
beancole Posted January 27, 2016 Author Posted January 27, 2016 I'm planning to move on. Schools are just too limited. It's been great for 5 years but starting to get a little claustrophobic plus I'd like a little more money really.
mwalpole Posted January 28, 2016 Posted January 28, 2016 The last Cisco exam I sat was at Sheffield North CLC, I only did the exam didn't do the course there. It was a couple of years ago now though, but it may be worth giving them a call.
FN-GM Posted January 28, 2016 Posted January 28, 2016 (edited) The Cisco certs I have studied part of the CCNA and I found I will never need 95% of this when working in a school. I disagree with this. There are many a networking post on here with simple questions and problems where someone who has studied CCNA could answer. It would be hugely beneficial. Especially now we are in the age of BYOD, Guest WIFI, IPV6 etc. The Cisco CCENT and CCNA are not just about Cisco most of it is about general networking. At the end of the day your Windows computers are next to useless if you don't have a working network! @mwalpole you have to go via pearson for exams Edited January 28, 2016 by FN-GM 2
Dodgex1 Posted January 28, 2016 Posted January 28, 2016 You can just do them via PV, https://www6.pearsonvue.com/testtaker/registration/SelectTestCenterProximity/CISCOTESTING/516421 Best creating an account on there if you haven't got one because you can buy a test through it too and just schedule and turn up. 1
mwalpole Posted January 28, 2016 Posted January 28, 2016 Thats right FN-GM I booked through Pearson, but I did the exam at Sheffield North CLC without doing the course first.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now