lmrogers Posted January 12, 2016 Posted January 12, 2016 Hi all, Has anyone ever come across a program called Atom before? Its used for coding by the looks of things. https://atom.io/ Wonder what its all about and if its any use?
CyberNerd Posted January 12, 2016 Posted January 12, 2016 its ok. There is a comparison of editors here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_text_editors
MattDLEA Posted January 12, 2016 Posted January 12, 2016 I have started using atom moving across from sublime, does alot of the same things multiple cursors etc. I like it and its made by git hub?
MrKJLS Posted January 12, 2016 Posted January 12, 2016 Yep, Atom is my favourite at the moment. Atom is very customisable with different themes and plugins. It good as well as it high lights the different syntax, which is good for editing certain configuration files on servers. Visual Studio Code is a good alternative to Atom.
liveman2 Posted January 13, 2016 Posted January 13, 2016 I'm quite a fan of brackets, also x-platform and open source. Brackets - A modern, open source code editor that understands web design.
mikecampbell Posted March 8, 2016 Posted March 8, 2016 When I first tried Atom it was really laggy, so I moved back to Sublime. Some good features though, especially the git integration (as you'd expect from Github!)—maybe they've improved the speed now too. When I tried it you couldn't open files bigger than 1mb too.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now