sted Posted June 15, 2015 Posted June 15, 2015 Yep moved it but it's all windows 8 machines are they all the same hardware maybe its a crummy network card driver or some such? might be worth checking if that's been auto updated since you started having issues
marsdenprimary Posted June 15, 2015 Author Posted June 15, 2015 are they all the same hardware maybe its a crummy network card driver or some such? might be worth checking if that's been auto updated since you started having issues It can't be that as it's doing it on a virtual machine too (just thought I'd try that as well!)
sted Posted June 15, 2015 Posted June 15, 2015 It can't be that as it's doing it on a virtual machine too (just thought I'd try that as well!) was going to suggest that erm what about a vanilla install no updates no std image no software just installed direct from dvd and left?
Joanne Posted June 15, 2015 Posted June 15, 2015 I'm convinced you need to import the Windows 8 GPO's into Server 2008 Upgrade GPO Templates on Server 2008 R2 with Windows 8/Server 2012 - Everything Should Be Virtual I did this on my server after drive maps and printers wouldn't apply on MY Windows 8 machine. After doing this it worked fine. Totally dismiss the fact it used to work and try this! 1
marsdenprimary Posted June 15, 2015 Author Posted June 15, 2015 [[[[[[sOLVED!!!!!!]]]]]]] MASSIVE thanks to everyone for their help. It looks like the DNS settings in the TCP/IP adapter settings were wrong. Changed it to what it should be. I've installed the Windows 8 GPO settings onto the server, checked 'reconnect' on one of the drive maps and it's WORKING!! I need a massive glass of beer now... hehe!!
aleach2 Posted June 15, 2015 Posted June 15, 2015 [[[[[[sOLVED!!!!!!]]]]]]] MASSIVE thanks to everyone for their help. It looks like the DNS settings in the TCP/IP adapter settings were wrong. Changed it to what it should be. I've installed the Windows 8 GPO settings onto the server, checked 'reconnect' on one of the drive maps and it's WORKING!! I need a massive glass of beer now... hehe!! Excellent, sounded like a network issue. Glad you got it solved
Michael Posted June 15, 2015 Posted June 15, 2015 Cool - thanks for confirming. I did think it was DNS very early on 1
ADMaster Posted June 17, 2015 Posted June 17, 2015 @marsdenprimary Do you use item level targeting and filter by security groups. I’ll need to start my own thread, but I thought I check before I did. My GPP printers with ITL to an OU work fine, the ones with an ITL to a security group don’t show up at all. Windows 7 works fine 8 does not. Thanks,
marsdenprimary Posted June 18, 2015 Author Posted June 18, 2015 @marsdenprimary Do you use item level targeting and filter by security groups. I’ll need to start my own thread, but I thought I check before I did. My GPP printers with ITL to an OU work fine, the ones with an ITL to a security group don’t show up at all. Windows 7 works fine 8 does not. Thanks, Hmm... I generally target OU's due to the nature of our printer setups and how they're used. It was a DNS issue for me though so Windows 8 must be very sensitive as it wasn't affecting our Windows 7 machines at all.
ADMaster Posted June 18, 2015 Posted June 18, 2015 Thanks, I’ll have to do some more testing. I had a thread ready to post and did one last check to find the printer installed.
dubsdj Posted June 23, 2015 Posted June 23, 2015 Are you sure its not the classic Windows 8.1 group policy setting: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Systems > Group Policy > Configure Logon Script Delay = Disabled by default this setting is enabled which delays any scripts from running for over a minute!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now