Gonk Posted April 29, 2015 Posted April 29, 2015 Good morning good people of Edugeek! I'm in need of you advice and expertise - The school have decided to splash some cash and have purchased 50 iPads. I have a nice Mac Mini with apple configurator and I can install apps etc. just fine. The issue is I can't get the iPads to connect to the WiFi which will put the iPads on the curriculum network. I've exported the CA certificate and added it to the profile for the iPads, so in my logic they should be able to connect. Sadly, they do not. I'm guessing that I've missed something or I'm just barking up the wrong tree. Any advice or a general clip round the earhole for being s sill billy greatly received! Thanks, Ross
network41 Posted April 29, 2015 Posted April 29, 2015 Have the users username and password been entered in the authentication settings for this network
steewy Posted April 29, 2015 Posted April 29, 2015 Hi, First you need to add the certificates on your mac (just double tap on the certificate). Now go to keychain, my certificates, double click on the certificate and change the trust settings to always trust. On the apple configurator side, open you profile go to certificates and make sure they are all green, if not change the settings to tryst or always trust. Now go to the wifi tab in apple configurator still, scroll down and go to the tab trust nest to protocols. Make sure you tick all your certificates and thats it 1
steewy Posted April 29, 2015 Posted April 29, 2015 Also make sure you enter the correct username and password domain\username et use the correct security type.
Gonk Posted April 29, 2015 Author Posted April 29, 2015 Have the users username and password been entered in the authentication settings for this network Yep, Username and password are in.
Gonk Posted April 29, 2015 Author Posted April 29, 2015 Hi, First you need to add the certificates on your mac (just double tap on the certificate). Now go to keychain, my certificates, double click on the certificate and change the trust settings to always trust. On the apple configurator side, open you profile go to certificates and make sure they are all green, if not change the settings to tryst or always trust. Now go to the wifi tab in apple configurator still, scroll down and go to the tab trust nest to protocols. Make sure you tick all your certificates and thats it I've checked the certificates and refreshed the test iPad and it still says unable to connect :S
steewy Posted April 29, 2015 Posted April 29, 2015 I've checked the certificates and refreshed the test iPad and it still says unable to connect :S Every time you change a profile settings, on the iPad you need to delete the profile (settings, general, profiles and delete your profiles so it synchronises the new settings). For some reason when I change the wifi settings, unless I delete the profile manually, the iPad doesn't pick up the new settings
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now