kennysarmy Posted September 9, 2014 Posted September 9, 2014 When I go to the Adobe Flash Player Distribution page it says the latest version is Flash Player 15.0.0.152 (Win and Mac) However when I hover over the Download MSI Installer link it points to : Custom Action Information Surely this is wrong?
3s-gtech Posted September 9, 2014 Posted September 9, 2014 Ooh careful linking to the MSI, Adobe get rather cross about it!
kennysarmy Posted September 9, 2014 Author Posted September 9, 2014 Just change the 14 to 15 in the link... I did - but I should nt have had to....
Arthur Posted September 9, 2014 Posted September 9, 2014 I did - but I shouldn't have had to. Adobe are always slow at updating that webpage. Sometimes the version number is wrong.
free780 Posted September 9, 2014 Posted September 9, 2014 If they don't want the page accessible it should require login and the distribution agreement.
localzuk Posted September 9, 2014 Posted September 9, 2014 Why? They're entitled to have the link only available to people who fill in the agreement. If someone publishes it then they're violating that agreement regardless of any other mechanisms that could put in place. Does that concept apply to your house? Can people just wander in if you haven't got the door locked?
sonofsanta Posted September 10, 2014 Posted September 10, 2014 I did - but I should nt have had to.... You shouldn't have to update Flash every month for security vulnerabilities. You shouldn't have to jump through hoops to disable update notifications for end users on everything. You shouldn't have to disable important security features like sandboxing in Adobe Reader in order to reliably open PDFs on a network, hardly an advanced use case. But: Adobe. Having to work out the download URL for the MSI yourself because Adobe haven't updated the page properly is, I'm afraid, par for the course. Needs doing more often than not.
AXE Posted September 10, 2014 Posted September 10, 2014 I use this: Archived Flash Player versions No agreement to sign up and I can get any version of flash I want. ActiveX and DLL plugin, EXE and MSI.
Arthur Posted September 10, 2014 Posted September 10, 2014 I use this That page doesn't have v15.0.0.152?
AXE Posted September 10, 2014 Posted September 10, 2014 That page doesn't have v15.0.0.152? Well, it is Adobe
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now