+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Windows 7 Thread, RM Slate Logon Screen in Technical; Hi, my RM Slate has just arrived, and for the most part, I'm loving it. I upgraded it to to ...
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Kingston Upon Thames
    Posts
    102
    Thank Post
    11
    Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
    Rep Power
    17

    RM Slate Logon Screen

    Hi, my RM Slate has just arrived, and for the most part, I'm loving it. I upgraded it to to W7Pro and joined it to the domain, but now I need to put my password in to login. The problem wit this is that when I resume from standby, the on-screen keyboard does not appear automatically, and I have to click the ease-of-access button, uncheck the on-screen keyboard option, recheck it and click OK for it to appear. This is a pain, and makes logging on quite a bit longer than it would otherwise.

    Has anyone else had this problem, and if you have a Slate or other Win7 tablet device, could you try using a passworded account and see if you get the same issue?

    Thanks,
    David

  2. #2

    ZeroHour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    5,713
    Thank Post
    950
    Thanked 1,359 Times in 830 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    451
    Not seen it but I would expect a hotfix to be out for that. SP1 is coming any day now so I would hope that resolves it.

  3. #3
    Luke_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    St Albans, Herts
    Posts
    336
    Thank Post
    56
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
    Rep Power
    18
    did you get a dock with your slate? can you tell me what ports it has etc ... we're just trying to figure out if it;s worth getting one.

  4. #4
    jamesreedersmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ruskington
    Posts
    1,180
    Thank Post
    80
    Thanked 261 Times in 233 Posts
    Rep Power
    78
    Does the wireless connect before it trys to login eg - can you login with any domain credentials?

  5. #5
    Chris_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    706
    Thank Post
    139
    Thanked 122 Times in 102 Posts
    Rep Power
    45
    Sounds like there's no HID driver for the touchscreen. Is there a permanent keyboard on the logon screen normally or do you have to bring it up from the accessibility options?


  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Kingston Upon Thames
    Posts
    102
    Thank Post
    11
    Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    Not seen it but I would expect a hotfix to be out for that. SP1 is coming any day now so I would hope that resolves it.
    I've tried SP1RC (took an age to install), but that hasn't sorted it. I'll try it when it's released and see if it fixes it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke_T View Post
    did you get a dock with your slate? can you tell me what ports it has etc ... we're just trying to figure out if it;s worth getting one.
    I didn't get a dock I'm afraid, just the slate.

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesreedersmith View Post
    Does the wireless connect before it trys to login eg - can you login with any domain credentials?
    The wireless is connected, and I can login fine with the accessibility keyboard, but it is a faff to enable it each time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_ View Post
    Sounds like there's no HID driver for the touchscreen. Is there a permanent keyboard on the logon screen normally or do you have to bring it up from the accessibility options?

    Mine looks like the first picture, I have to manually enable it from the accessibility settings each time. I want it to be like the second one, which looks much better and integrated.

    Thanks everyone.
    David

  7. #7
    Chris_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    706
    Thank Post
    139
    Thanked 122 Times in 102 Posts
    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by dyoung5 View Post
    Mine looks like the first picture, I have to manually enable it from the accessibility settings each time. I want it to be like the second one, which looks much better and integrated.

    Thanks everyone.
    David
    It's to do with the driver for the touchscreen. See if you can download an updated version. My Samsung Q1 displays the keyboard everytime and Windows 7 recognises it as being a touchscreen rather than a generic input device.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Kingston Upon Thames
    Posts
    102
    Thank Post
    11
    Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_ View Post
    It's to do with the driver for the touchscreen. See if you can download an updated version. My Samsung Q1 displays the keyboard everytime and Windows 7 recognises it as being a touchscreen rather than a generic input device.
    I've tried downloading the driver from RM, I have a case open with them now.

    Thanks.

  9. #9

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,260
    Thank Post
    404
    Thanked 633 Times in 578 Posts
    Rep Power
    185
    I wasn't much a fan of the Slate. What use do you see for it? I thought the screen was either not sensitive enough, or too sensitive when using some applications, and the rotate delay was frustrating.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    hi

    Does anyone know if you can download android apps to the RM Slate?

  11. #11

    plexer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    13,631
    Thank Post
    734
    Thanked 1,692 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Rep Power
    434
    Isnt't it a win7 tablet? If so I guess that's a no.

    Ben

  12. #12


    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    51.403651, -0.515458
    Posts
    9,476
    Thank Post
    246
    Thanked 2,839 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Rep Power
    817
    Quote Originally Posted by amax758 View Post
    Does anyone know if you can download Android apps to the RM Slate?
    Although you can run Android apps inside of the Android Emulator on Windows, you might as well just buy an Android tablet in the first place and save yourself a lot of hassle.

  13. #13
    Killer_Bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    75
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke_T View Post
    did you get a dock with your slate? can you tell me what ports it has etc ... we're just trying to figure out if it;s worth getting one.
    We had one on Friday with the Dock. Can't remember what ports but will try to find out tomorrow, providing I remember that I typed this that is....... need sleep

  14. #14
    Killer_Bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    75
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Bot View Post
    We had one on Friday with the Dock. Can't remember what ports but will try to find out tomorrow, providing I remember that I typed this that is....... need sleep
    As promised. It's got 1 USB Port, 1 Microphone Port & 1 Headphone Port on the Front and DC in, 2 x USB Port & 1 x Network Port (RJ45) on the back.

  15. Thanks to Killer_Bot from:

    Luke_T (1st February 2011)



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. On Screen Keyboard at Logon Screen
    By AJT1 in forum Windows
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 26th February 2011, 12:36 AM
  2. Windows 7 - Logon Screen
    By eddyc in forum Windows 7
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 26th March 2010, 09:34 AM
  3. Logon screen
    By TheCrust in forum Windows 7
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 20th August 2009, 02:20 PM
  4. [CLOSED] Layout Issue: Logon boxes nearly off screen
    By SimpleSi in forum EduGeek.net Site Problems
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7th February 2008, 01:31 PM
  5. New logon screen
    By originofsymmetry in forum Network and Classroom Management
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 14th July 2007, 01:00 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •