+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Hardware Thread, Smartboard Unifi 35 problems 600i in Technical; Thanks...really appreciate the comments. We are in the throes of a week's inspection...so have decided to manage without it today..Will ...

Thank Post
    Thanks...really appreciate the comments.

We are in the throes of a week's inspection...so have decided to manage without it today..Will have a look at the software later.

LC

Thank Post
    bizilizi:
    It sounds like the projector's overheating. There aren't any filters on a Unifi 35 but there are a couple of vents that I've seen get blocked-up by dust and dirt. The main one is on top of the projector, directly above the lens. The other one runs all the way along the top of the base unit, between the speakers.

Try cleaning both the vents using a hoover with a small brush attachment, but for safety make sure the projector is switched-off at the plug while you do this.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyCooper View Post
    bizilizi:
    It sounds like the projector's overheating. There aren't any filters on a Unifi 35 but there are a couple of vents that I've seen get blocked-up by dust and dirt. The main one is on top of the projector, directly above the lens. The other one runs all the way along the top of the base unit, between the speakers.

Try cleaning both the vents using a hoover with a small brush attachment, but for safety make sure the projector is switched-off at the plug while you do this.

This is sound advice and I'm 99.9% sure that this will resolve your problem. If you are still having problems I would recommend a call into Steljes Technical Services department, they can be reached on 08450 724999.

4. Thanks to DavidScott from:

bizilizi (26th March 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanks TommyCooper,

I shall certainly get out the vacuum cleaner tomorrow!

As I am working in Germany, we'll have to get in touch with a local supplier if the problem persists.

Best wishes,
    Liz

Thank Post
    Hi all.

I'm also having problems with my Unifi 35 projector cutting out. I've tried vaccuming the projector head, checked the internal connections, all seem fine. Tried putting the fan speed to high, master reset.... Still cuts out and overheats.

The lamps not even done 1000 hours yet! Any other ideas welcome.....

Thank Post
    Hello ninjadingle

I would recommend a call into Steljes Technical Services at this point as it sounds as if you have done your homework. They can begin to troubleshoot the situation with you and you will know at least that if you require a technical visit then you are speaking to the right people.

They can be reached on 08450 724999.

Best of luck

Thank Post
    "Hi all.

I'm also having problems with my Unifi 35 projector cutting out. I've tried vaccuming the projector head, checked the internal connections, all seem fine. Tried putting the fan speed to high, master reset.... Still cuts out and overheats.

The lamps not even done 1000 hours yet! Any other ideas welcome..... "

This is the lamp I know I am a year too late but for others in this fix you may try cleaning first but order a lamp.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 934 Posts
    I had this same problem, its now a hat stand in my server room, not that I wear hats or need a hat stand in my Server Room! (the kids and some staff have a better name for it but they are not repeatable on here, all I can say is the shop that sells what they call it usually don't have windows and you need to be of a certain age to go into them!!)

Anyway, it wasn't just a quick chuck it decision, but after support ping pong with Steljes for 4 weeks and them saying until I buy a new lamp they won't look at it as faulty despite the lamp only having done tiny hours (under 1000!), the fact that a new lamp was over half the cost of a replacement unit and the fact it was the biggest load of tosh out there and hated by all teaching staff as complex to use, annoying and dark comapred to other units, it was decided to junk it and put in a normal projector, thus solving about 10 issues at once

Thank Post

Well I am glad you got it taken care of.

I personally use epson projectors right now. But we do have four of the unifi projectors. Honestly I have had lamps go bad after only 25 hours before. Usually there is no warranty on lamps so ...

3m makes a lower cost replacement lamp if any one is interested

There was a few other things in the thread too like USB cables really can cause delay especially if they are over 10 feet but really noticeable after 20 feet. Also, processors and ram do make a difference as well.

I only take care of 700 projectors so ... glad I stumbled on to your thread even though it was later.

Thank Post
    We solved this time-lag problem a while ago. It's to do with the Ink Aware program settings in the Smartboard Control Panel. Turn them all off and the Time-lag goes away.

rad
    Thank Post
    Sorry bumping this as I am sure others have the issue.

I have 2 Unifi 35/SB 600 with similar issues.
    1) has had a projector bulb change, filters cleaned, lamp hours reset.
    After a hard reset, no usb plugged in will show green power button then when pressed shows a flashing red light, nothing displays.

2) (and near to 1's classroom) decides to turn on then cuts out after 10 minutes or yesterday only did it once throught the day.

Really frustrated but believe they are out of warranty, anyone know how many years you get on these as standard. I am sure they will turn into some sort of hat stand too.

Thank Post

Rad

I've had the "cutting off after 10 minutes" problem and that usually turns out to be the bulb. We replaced the bulb and it was ok.

As for the first problem I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "no usb plugged in will show green power button then when pressed shows a flashing red light, nothing displays" although have you tried completely uninstalling the software from the computer than reinstalling it. You might also have to run a registry cleaner before reinstalling. Also reboot the PC in between uninstalling and reininstalling.

Hope that helps

Thank Post
    We're currently having this exact problem with one of our Unifi 35's. We recently replaced all internal fans, thoroughly cleaned it and I just tried a new known working bulb, yet it still just shuts down with no error message whatsoever. Wondering if a "downgrade" to the firmware would be an option. Any thoughts?

Thank Post
    Krakatoa - did you try resetting the lamp hours?

Thank Post
    We had similar problems and a complete lack of support from Steljes. They refuse to admit there is an issue despite so many people having issues.
    Think we'll go for normal projectors and Mimio Teach in the future!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast