xicor
Members-
Posts
154 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by xicor
-
staff member wanting ai in the school
xicor replied to xicor's topic in AI in Education & Enterprise
does that allow project folders similar to gpt and can you generate images ? -
staff member wanting ai in the school
xicor replied to xicor's topic in AI in Education & Enterprise
does it give you chat gpt style projects/folders to group chats ? -
staff member wanting ai in the school
xicor replied to xicor's topic in AI in Education & Enterprise
their licensing model prices are crazy -
staff member wanting ai in the school
xicor replied to xicor's topic in AI in Education & Enterprise
You haven't blocked AI sites for your staff ? but if they are not approved and not blocked won't that mean they will just use them ? -
staff member wanting ai in the school
xicor replied to xicor's topic in AI in Education & Enterprise
yeah this was another complaint along with lack of project and chat grouping -
staff member wanting ai in the school
xicor replied to xicor's topic in AI in Education & Enterprise
did you have to pay for extra data controls for copilot or is this the standard license included A1 ? -
Has anyone deployed AI tools for staff across their school? We currently have Microsoft Copilot, but staff are increasingly asking for something closer to the ChatGPT like being able to easily group chats into projects, keep related work together, and generate images etc The problem I’m finding is that ChatGPT becomes very expensive once you move into the versions with proper management and security controls. ChatGPT Business/Teams seems more affordable, but from an IT admin point of view the controls still feel quite limited. For example, I can't seem to centrally/bulk disable plugins or properly lock down some of the features I wouldn't want staff using. I'm interested to know what others have deployed for staff if any ? or if you using Copilot, ChatGPT, Gemini, Claude, or something you've built yourselves using an API?
-
Anyone here uses either Securly or Smoothwall cloud filter ? I had a recent demo with securly and will have one with smoothwall next.
-
Why is Generative AI not blocked by default on LGFL ?
xicor replied to xicor's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
This will help with the granular blocking but it sadly wont fix their biggest issue of not categorising sites correctly, even explicitly obvious ai sites are not classed as ai sites and this is after blocking the ai bundle that LGFL offers- 59 replies
-
Why is Generative AI not blocked by default on LGFL ?
xicor replied to xicor's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
How does decryption work for guests or iPads that are taken home ? The boredhumans site is a weird one as lgfl is adamant on not categorising it in a way that blocks the whole site, something hopefully they can clarify tomorrow- 59 replies
-
Why is Generative AI not blocked by default on LGFL ?
xicor replied to xicor's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
update on this, they are saying that the http one doesn't get categorised as it leads to nothing, they have now updated that too- 59 replies
-
- 1
-
-
Why is Generative AI not blocked by default on LGFL ?
xicor replied to xicor's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
do you have to enable https decryption for smoothwall ? `and yes agreed about the safer internet bs - its a checklist exercise- 59 replies
-
- 1
-
-
Why is Generative AI not blocked by default on LGFL ?
xicor replied to xicor's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I just checked that spyce site and still shows as general and my ticket was closed stating this was resolved, i have re-opened it now- 59 replies
-
- 1
-
-
Why is Generative AI not blocked by default on LGFL ?
xicor replied to xicor's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
its too crazy, some websites even link to many sites that are all obviously not appropriate - you'd think the categorisation system would use some logic to check the site before allowing access, its nuts- 59 replies
-
Why is Generative AI not blocked by default on LGFL ?
xicor replied to xicor's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
to be clear Mark, the core issue here is your systems are not categorising websites correctly and this has nothing to do with my specific school setup - I have also raised another website BoredHumans.com - Free AI Tools which does have links to various inappropriate links within its main domain and yet the logic I'm getting from your team is that only specific sub links are blocked and not even for all schools only for those that have https decryption. it makes no sense to not block the site as a whole as it has more than one link within its subdomain that is not appropriate, yet the message I'm getting is that all schools that do not have https decryption can still access it and the dodgy links within it are still available, only schools with https decryption wont be able to access it, a logic I do not understand and hope you can clarify tomorrow.- 59 replies
-
Why is Generative AI not blocked by default on LGFL ?
xicor replied to xicor's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
if anyone here has the same issues as I do with the categorization and are an LGFL customer it might be worth speaking with Mark as I am meeting him tomorrow via teams so from my side I dont mind if you joined the meeting as well ? Mark - it might be good to clarify the issues with the bad categorization and your chats with Netsweeper to anyone else interested ? I don't mind from my side who joins especially if they have the same issues as i do, I have submitted to your support many more websites all having the same issue- 59 replies
-
Why is Generative AI not blocked by default on LGFL ?
xicor replied to xicor's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
There is nothing to defend as for example dlsite.com was categorised as a general/games site yet sophos has it as an adult/porn site - its been that kind of site for 20+ years even more based on the archive.org cache- 59 replies
-
Why is Generative AI not blocked by default on LGFL ?
xicor replied to xicor's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Hi Mark - I look forward to the meeting, another website LGFL does not see as an adult site is dlsite.com yet sophos clearly classes it as a porn site so would be good to get an explanation of this- 59 replies
-
Why is Generative AI not blocked by default on LGFL ?
xicor replied to xicor's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
is it this site ? cobratate.com I just checked and LGFL classifies it as a general site- 59 replies
-
Why is Generative AI not blocked by default on LGFL ?
xicor replied to xicor's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
its really bad it sees pleasures.ai as a general site too until I raised it with them, the spyce it saw it as a general site too and I have asked for it to be recategorised- 59 replies
