Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

sukh

Members
  • Posts

    2,161
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sukh

  1. Hi John SCCM is a monster, as you say there are many benefits in addition to the endpoint security which all can benefit from. You will also benefit from learning a new product,keep your mind active. What's happened to the existing AV on the desktops? Why can't you continue to use until you sort out SCCM? For a first time setup it can take some time but it's a one-off with benefits worth doing for. If not, then you can always go for Intune, which will be under EES too and you don't need SCCM. Regards Sukh
  2. Hi I don't think this is possible but will test for you. How are you deploying Outlook? Maybe training should be given first then rollout Outlook (Big Bang)? Regards Sukh
  3. can you post the exact error message and check the event logs at the time of error. Also, the user which is logged on and is running the gpresults, can you tell me if they are a member of any special accounts? ie domain admin, server admin etc.. Can you confirm the client OS, AD forest/domain level and server OS? Thanks Sukh
  4. Hi You can always use Windows Intune? Saying that, even if you need SCCM, it doesn't cost that much under EES. Have you had quotes? Regards Sukh
  5. Hi Can you tell me when you get the error? When you run gpresults on a client machine logged in with a user? Thanks Sukh
  6. Hi Have you created your wireless network policies? Are you trying to restrict on a per user or per machine basis? What desktop clients are you using including SP Level? Have you configured your RADIUS Clients? What Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) are you using? WPA, WEP etc... What Authentication methods are you using? EAP-TLS, MS-CHAP v2, PEAP-TLS? Confirm the network connection method for policy, i.e Ethernet, Wireless Access Point etc.... Also, you mention that you use the Domain Computers group as your condition. This will include all computers. I know you are configuring NAP for Wireless but have you tried to create a group for Wireless client, then add that group as a condition add add client to it? Regards Sukh
  7. Hi I was on the train this morning reading the paper and saw an article related to the recent security issue on the Android phones, I googled when I got home and found this. Google still scrambling to recover from DroidDream Android attack I still concerned about the lack of security so might not get the Samsung now. Then I called my girlfriend on her iphone4. I eventually got through to her after the phone being constantly unavaliable. Not the first time this has happened. Apple have just confirmed an issue with the Iphone2, whereby the reception on these phones dont work as expected and you have to buy a £20 cover which protect the built in ariel so when youre holding the phone or have it in your pocket you get reception. Now, I dont want to get that. What do you recommend for a smarphone? Thanks Sukh
  8. Hi Trident You are right, I do recommend people shop around for best prices. I engage with a number of IT resellers and know pricing is competitive. If customers are interested then I guess they can post their requirements. Regards Sukh
  9. Hi If you're interested in Microsoft courses then I'd look around as they can be expensive. Also, there are way too many companies who charge way too much for the courses. Also, I would not recommend boot camps for obvious reasons unless you are a experienced individual. E-Learning is a good way forward to, has changed dramatically. Now you have online labs. Also, get a good deal to include prometric vouchers, including free re-takes, transcenders too, the approved ones NOT the cheat sheets. Try Aiedo.com Regards Sukh
  10. Hi Jonny What's the reason for this? What version of Exchange are you using and SP Level? FYI - http://www.edugeek.net/forums/enterprise-software/72227-exchnage-2007-authentication-pop-up-box-outlook.html There is a KB in this post. Thanks Sukh
  11. Hi What I am trying to get to is the authentication method which is beng used. Outlook 2003 will use a different method communicating to Exchange. Outlook 2007/2010 use a different method. I wanted to try Outlook 2003 first to see if the problem still exisited. If you don't want to use that KB as the note says "Important Do not apply this hotfix if an account lockout policy has been applied." which can be a security issue then we may be able to set the authentication method on Exchange. However, you can try two things mentioned above. 1. Outlook 2003 2. Use the KB on a test machine, it will only effect that one machine. Post your results. Thanks Sukh
  12. Hi No Problem. Regards Sukh
  13. sukh

    XP Raid Drivers

    Hi No problem, glad it's working. Regards Sukh
  14. Hi Have you got a PC where you can load Office 2003 and test using a problem user? Thanks Sukh
  15. sukh

    XP Raid Drivers

    Hi I believe the one you want is aAHCI_9MEM = "Intel® ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller" Regards Sukh
  16. Hi Sanchez I was going to mention this but I wanted to have a look at your offlie GPO settings. Glad it's working. FYI - Description of how Word creates temporary files Regards Sukh
  17. Hi Please use PsGetSid and download PSGetSid. Just run the command and note down the computer SID. The run sysprep and select (OOBE) with the generalise option. After a reboot, you may have to enter some configs again suvch as keyboard layout etc.. After the reboot, run PSGetSid again and confirm you have a different Computer SID. Once confirmed, then go back to previous step and run the script, then run wuauclt /detectnow. Thanks Sukh
  18. Hi OK. So does this occur everytime a user logs on for the first time, i.e teachers which works fine, after 5mins they can load Outlook. If this same teacher logs off the same machine and logs back on again, do they have the same issue? Does the teacher do anything within those 5 mins for the error to go away, i.e do they load OWA or enter the credentials? The one user who is successful on the Win 7 machine, can this user logoff and logon to the same Win 7 machine each time without issues? Is it only when this same user logs onto a XP machine, do they experience the issue? Also, just to clarify, Exchange is deployed onsite? Which certificate did you renew? For OWA and related services? Thanks Sukh
  19. sukh

    XP Raid Drivers

    Hi Sent it. Got it? Thanks Sukh
  20. sukh

    XP Raid Drivers

    Hi Sippo I sent them through, are you sure they have not been blocked at your end? Sent at 10:25, I've had no NDR. Let me know. Thanks Sukh
  21. Hi Plexer/Sanchez, Any progress on this? Thanks Sukh
  22. Hi Can you please look at Outlook 2007 prompts you repeatedly for a password under certain network conditions before we continue. Thanks Sukh
  23. Hi What do you mean it's not picking up any policies? As in GPO? The actual deployment works fine with no issues? This is post deployment issue? Thanks Sukh
  24. sukh

    XP Raid Drivers

    Hi Have sent them through. Regards Sukh
  25. sukh

    XP Raid Drivers

    Hi I have some drivers for you to try. Have you got a FTP site that I can upload to? Thanks Sukh
×
×
  • Create New...