-
Posts
2,108 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by supportman
-
Did you get this sorted in the end? I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger going completely unify for switches and wireless but this has me worried. I don't think an AP on our Aurba system has ever gone down in 10 years other than for power reasons.
-
Thanks for the clarification, actually very good to know. I've been following no twitter for a while looking for a cloud Sims replacement but all the announcements were MATS which lead me to think that's what the product was targeting.
-
Hosted offsite doesn't always mean cloud.. There are cloud (web based) MIS systems and then there are legacy local SQL database systems that can be moved into a data center. A good example of this is the most popular MIS Sims having an offsite hosted option but its still the old version of Sims underneath. They are working on a new cloud (web based) version but its been delayed several years now with no recent news.
-
Looks absolutely amazing! There is something about travelling in real time over a landscape you find familiar. They could be onto a real winner with this one.
-
Any schools using Google Voice or similar?
supportman replied to TwistedHelixis's topic in Cloud Services
I was looking at Microsoft Teams the other day and phone systems, technology seems very early so far. -
Interesting, I didn't know PDW tools did OS deployment.
-
Use the Decrapifier script to remove those on the local machine.
-
We decided it wasn't worth it and got a new Finance system that works in the cloud. Options we looked at included HCSS and sage 200. Both of which were lightyears ahead of RES32000
-
[sims] Error updating fileset Agent has no value for SimsUsername
supportman replied to edumezz's topic in MIS Systems
Big thanks for this, I just ran into it myself for fileset 1304! No idea why it suddenly stopped working. And why they put the config details buried in those hidden menus is beyond me. But it works! so thanks. -
Have you tried replacing the actual hardware transmitters? Nano's are really cheap.
-
Both of those systems seemed targeted at MATS or primary's which we are not. Still light years ahead of sims though...
-
But if its only 2k more and Sims is pretty expensive then aren't they quite comparable? I've been told iSams is about 12k in total, and I think Sims is getting towards 10k in our school now with all their price inflation yet they have not improved the product at all in the last 5 years. Time to jump ship I think. That doesn't seem a huge difference to me.
-
Yes just looking at the iSams website it seems they have a Parent portal, SMS comms, Admissions module, Teacher report app, Daily bulletin and more. Great stuff! Has anyone compared costs between Sims and iSams?
-
Just looking at this ourselves, but Sims has so many interactions with other 3rd party software its a bit crazy to look at all the effects of moving. Has anyone done the move?
-
There is a registry key or setting that you can set that limits SQL server to only use 90% of the RAM, it really helped our server. I don't remember what it was though. I found the hardware wasn't that important other than an SSD drive, but this setting helped a lot.
-
Would adding the user as a local administrator of the PC work in the same way? I have no issue doing that if it fixes all these bizarre issues.
-
Struggling with this also. Any tips on installing it? Last time I tried I had an error that it couldn't access the shared start menu and just bombed out!
-
You don't need either.
-
New Domain controllers upgraded from Windows 2008 to Windows 2019, all working nicely so far but no difference to the end users. SDS import for timetables and classes into Microsoft Teams schedualed for Thursday, hopefully that one will go nicely as well.
-
Cornwall is the real killer due to the huge rolling hills for 100+ miles. Best get that out of the way early from experience The last 100 miles of Scotland are incredible and mostly flat too! I definitely would recommend that way round although tempted to do it again the opposite way
-
I've done lands end to Jon O Groats which was 900 miles, amazing trip, probably the best travel I have ever done. Again the scenery was amazing.
-
We issue a laptop for every teacher as standard. We also have computers in about 50% of the classroom. We buy them iPads if required for teaching, but not for all. Basically we buy them whatever they need to do their job.
-
Are people just putting these devices on a normal network, or are they using VLANs? Is a VLAN needed in this case?
-
Azure Site recovery is incredibly cheap and works very well apparently. I was at a seminar run by Design & Management systems the other day and they were talking about it, looked very simple.
