-
Posts
2,108 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by supportman
-
Applying Messaging Policies in Microsoft Teams
supportman replied to supportman's topic in Cloud Services
Hmmm answering this myself after a while googling! https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/OfficeDocs-SkypeForBusiness/issues/987 Seems its not possible. -
Applying Messaging Policies in Microsoft Teams
supportman replied to supportman's topic in Cloud Services
This article seems to say that it is possible to assign groups Policies https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/messaging-policies-in-teams But it doesn't have any details on how. -
Office 365 - Help deleting an accidentally send email
supportman replied to msm1000's topic in Cloud Services
I think maybe because you soft deleted it first its not possible. Just a theory though. Could you change the policy to remove deleted items after a short time on the mailboxes instead? -
Does anyone know a good way to apply polices in Microsoft Teams. Basically I am trying to disable messaging for students and enable it for staff. As far as I can see the only way to do it is to change the global settings to block messaging and then add all the teachers and staff to a custom faculty policy with messaging enabled. Using the GUI it seems I can only edit 20 users at a time which is a proper faff! Has anyone done this in a better way? I was hoping the licenses for staff and students would somehow propagate to the policies but it doesn't seem to make a difference.
-
I heard only the 13.5 has Wifi 6... Is that true?
-
SLG is shockingly outdated, I'm not surprised. Their is no way they could continue with the move to cloud from Microsoft with sharepoint. Definitely look into Edulink one or as I said in the other thread, move away from Sims. They are falling massively behind compared to other MIS providers.
-
Edulink one definitely if you are stuck with Sims. Or just move to an MIS that provides parent access as standard such as Bromcom or iSams. EDIT: TASC Insight used to be amazing but they have basically sat on their hands for the last 5 years and not innovated sadly. They still use ASP pages from memory.
-
Nice! Not sure how this really helps though. I found Onedrive way to slow for things like this.
-
No idea why anyone would use Capita for their library systems.... many better products out there. We use softlinks Oliver, fully cloud based, works great.
-
Still no good open-source MIS sadly. If I ever give up this job and have some time off, I will write one myself
-
We use Blender, GIMP and Inkscape here with out art department. It works well. Also Microsoft visual Studio Code in computer science and our ticketing system is open source.
-
Automated Redaction Software?
supportman replied to zzyzxuk's topic in Data Protection & Information Handling
Got a link? Google isnt much help with that name -
Automated Redaction Software?
supportman replied to zzyzxuk's topic in Data Protection & Information Handling
We have the same issue in our school. If its a PDF document thats been scanned in then just open in Word 2019 and do a search and replace on the text. You can replace with a black block font. It works pretty well. -
Sophos XG web filter gone pear shaped
supportman replied to bodminman's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
OpenDNS I think was the only one I knew about. -
Looks very nice, so how does the user initially connect. what process do they go through? Do you have any ideas what devices they are using? Do you allow phones?
-
Morning all, I am just at the start of a project to re-do our WIFI BYOD system and want to get it right. How is everyone else doing it terms of Registration, Security, Hardware and Configuration? At the moment we get students to fill out a survey then approve their MAC address but its very resource intensive. There must be a better way?
-
Sophos XG web filter gone pear shaped
supportman replied to bodminman's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
ISP based filtering? You could also do a 3rd part DNS filter service. -
Access to Python, PHP, MySQL for students
supportman replied to Nausing's topic in How do you do....it?
Can't you just look at the sign in logs and punish any student that does that? As I say we've had this for 4 years+ now and any student doing that would be disciplined quite severely here. The teachers can all see the students screens with ABTutor in computer science lessons so its not like they are doing anything in secret. -
Access to Python, PHP, MySQL for students
supportman replied to Nausing's topic in How do you do....it?
No issue running python nativlely here in our environment. We just have it installed on the CS machines on the C: drive. IDLE and Pycharms installed. We do any pip installs manually when requested. -
Yep run fine here with 2019 also
-
Is anyone auto deploying office 2019 (or 365)?
-
Out of interest, what apps do people actually deploy with PDQ when they do a new OS install?
-
Surface Laptop 3 looks amazing, I have the 2 and its the best laptop I have ever owned, even better than the macbook air it replaced! Cant wait to get my hands on it.
-
Great news, what models are you using?
