-
Posts
371 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ShellfishClive
-
replacing Epson EMP X5e projector suggestions please
ShellfishClive replied to Smee's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
We use the EB-X39 and they are a solid choice. 41s aren't hugely different in terms of projection. -
If I never know what to play I just default to Windripper Tornado shot for the $$$. I'd really like templar to make a come back though, I want a fire nova build!
-
That's not even my worst, I have just under 8000 in TF2.
-
No questions I have about 2500 hours on that game just thought I would se if anyone else played. I've just made a flicker strike build and it's incredibly OP. I got a 6 link Oro's with about 50 fusings so I got super lucky with that.
-
[for sale] SMART Board 680 with Speakers
ShellfishClive replied to mattyboy711's topic in Classified Adverts
I believe these boards come with speakers built in: http://www.refurbishedict.com/images/SMART%20Board%20600%20with%20speakers.jpg -
Doesn't suppose anyone plays Path of Exile?
-
BIOS password > HDD password > BITLOCKER password.... any point?
ShellfishClive replied to Koldov's topic in Hardware
If you don't want people to access the BIOS then I guess a BIOS password is okay, it's not really a huge deal these days. It just stops people fiddling in the BIOS. Bitlocker one is good enough to protect the data though. -
Batch File to Uninstall and Reinstall sound driver
ShellfishClive replied to Joanne's topic in Scripts
On the machine I tested them on I was using 1709 EDU, I can upload the two .exes to my google drive if you want because Edugeek doesn't allow .exe to be attached to posts, however that might be against the rules? Let me know either way. I followed the instructions on the site that I linked you to get them. Download: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11800 find setuptools_x64fre_cab001.cab (64-bit) or setuptools_x86fre_cab001.cab (32-bit) in the \WDK folder use 7-Zip or similar software to extract _devcon.exe_00000 rename _devcon.exe_00000 to devcon.exe move devcon.exe to a folder that is listed in your PATH Then followed those in order and put devcon.exe in the root of C. -
Promethean ActivPanel display settings issue
ShellfishClive replied to Techie-v2's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Ahh we never forced it, staff got used to Presenter mode and started to like it. That might be worth a try. -
Promethean ActivPanel display settings issue
ShellfishClive replied to Techie-v2's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Are you using Office 2016? Once you are in full screen mode in 2016 and your machine is set to duplicate when you come out of the powerpoint the display reverts back to extended. It doesn't turn off it just extends if you were too move the mouse to the far left or right it would display on the projector. The only fix I have found is to use presenter mode in Powerpoint. It's under the Slide Show tab. -
I don't know if it's intended but I have the same issue, it's probably an oversight.
-
Batch File to Uninstall and Reinstall sound driver
ShellfishClive replied to Joanne's topic in Scripts
What version of Windows are you using? It should support any version after Windows 2000. -
Batch File to Uninstall and Reinstall sound driver
ShellfishClive replied to Joanne's topic in Scripts
Ahh sorry, its a bit of a pain as it's not built into Windows. It will need to be downloaded onto each machine or just drop the .exe somewhere then change directory to that machine. cd "path to devcon" devcon remove *audio* devcon rescan Here is a link on how to install it: Using DEVCON to manage devices and drivers Equally I can just upload the .exe for you. -
Batch File to Uninstall and Reinstall sound driver
ShellfishClive replied to Joanne's topic in Scripts
If the machines are on Windows 10 then you could use something like this although this is heavily wildcarded so be careful as it will remove anything with audio in it: devcon remove *audio* devcon rescan Windows 10 will then scan the net for the drivers and install them or at least it seems to for me. Test this before you do anything, I will try to make a "safer" version when I get time. -
Are you wanting something with a UI? Scratch and GameMaker Studio can do this for you. There is also https://www.tynker.com/ however I have never used that myself but that is both Python and Javascript based.
-
They should label it as a key feature, it's amazing. The other stuff is "okay" I guess.
-
How Tired Are You At The End of the Day?
ShellfishClive replied to Gongalong's topic in General Chat
Depends on my day it's weird though, if I have a moderately busy day then I am fine at when I go home. If I have a really slow day I get super tired because I am just bored and if I have a super busy day then it's a mixture. As long as I have something to do, I don't get tired. -
I've been reading up on it and after using it myself personally the best feature is the new background in the settings menu on the left, it follows your mouse!
-
You might have to fully update one to a version you are happy with and then run the files or you could make the files run at logon of a user.
-
Are you just running the reg files or applying them in GPO? Updates general refresh missing reg keys or change the default values back if they have been changed.
-
GIMP v2.10 released (after six years in development!)
ShellfishClive replied to Arthur's topic in Downloads
I bet they have RSS feeds coming out of their ears! I wonder how much of an improvement this GIMP is compared to the older version. My problem was it used to crash when handling big images, hopefully it deals with that better. -
New Edugeek Users - Introduce yourself here :)
ShellfishClive replied to tarquel's topic in General Chat
It's the friend you have been looking for! Make your own tropical fish section on the forums! :welcome::welcome:- 4,290 replies
-
- assistance
- background
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
OneDrive On Demand - This operation has been cancelled
ShellfishClive replied to Theldron's topic in Cloud Services
Try to allow it through applocker see if that does solve the issue you are having. If users cannot write to the local start menu then it could cause an issue with the short file so might be worth looking at that as well. -
Not too go completely off topic their blog is so cute! Boo's Blog I do like the idea of these bags, they look pretty expensive though. We are heading in the right direction however!
-
Aldi do 1080p 14" Laptop for £199 - April 2018
ShellfishClive replied to Dos_Box's topic in Other Stuff
I never knew it was owned by Lenovo, I love Lenovo laptops. I have never had any issues with them and I've owned 3!
