-
Posts
1,433 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ICTNUT
-
Any chance of a screenshot? Also if you place the mouse over where the tick should be do you get any message?
- 306 replies
-
- network monitor
- server monitor
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
If you email me your database, i'll fix it so you can support [at] opsoftware [dot] co [dot] uk
- 306 replies
-
- network monitor
- server monitor
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Have you ensured that the data folder has write access by the IUSR_machinename account? When you add anything to the database a status response is triggered which would close that dialog window, looks to me like the insert is failing and that could only mean permissions.
- 306 replies
-
- network monitor
- server monitor
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
OK Fix has been posted up online so anyone doing a new install please donwload the pack and do a clean install For those that are upgrading I forgot to add a column to one of the tables so to fix it do the following: 1 - Open the Access database (netmon.mdb) 2 - Open the tblservers table in design veiw (right click on the table) 3 - In the row under check_type add exclude with a data type of Yes/No 4 - Close the database saving any changes you should be good to go now. Sorry once again.
- 306 replies
-
- network monitor
- server monitor
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I have found a small issue which I am sorting right now, I will post an update to this in the next 10 mins or so. Sorry for the foul up but not the norm I promise
- 306 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- network monitor
- server monitor
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Ahh right that makes sense then, let me just run through the setup here on a new site just to check
- 306 replies
-
- network monitor
- server monitor
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I note from your sceenshot that you have nothing visible in the background behind the login screen are you starting from a clean database as well?
- 306 replies
-
- network monitor
- server monitor
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Have you editied the settings.asp file in the incs folder? Also make sure you don't have any cached files in your browser as that will cause a problem.
- 306 replies
-
- network monitor
- server monitor
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Can you download the upgrade pack again just made a quick change, my fault sorry
- 306 replies
-
- network monitor
- server monitor
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
OK all v1.5.2 is now available so go get it. You can download it from here: OP SmartMonitor Detailed installation instructions can be found here: Installing OP SmartMonitor Upgrade instructions can be found here: Upgrading OP SmartMonitor Feddback would be apreciated either on this thread or here: OP SmartMonitor Whats new in theis version: Email Notifications Ability to set number of failures before notification is sent Password protected admin area usernames and passwords have been removed from the database for security Re-vamped admin area Ability to exclude an item from being checked (Maintenance) Improved status display, with images being pre-loaded Ability to control number of columns on status page What is there to do: Printer checks (Toner and Drums) Alternate methods of notification SNMP checks Happy monitoring
- 306 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- network monitor
- server monitor
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
We deployed a new site over the weekend and the new version will be available from the following link tomorrow: OP SmartMonitor
- 306 replies
-
- network monitor
- server monitor
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
your_domain would be for example google and the .ext would be .co.uk or .com or in most schools .local
- 306 replies
-
- network monitor
- server monitor
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Will be out this weekend, i'll post here as soon as it is up .
- 306 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- network monitor
- server monitor
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Smoothwall content filter with bluesocket wireless
ICTNUT replied to ICTNUT's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
ok so the proxy.pac file did not work after all, was just me being a little too eager I guess there is no way to get this to work will have to reside to the fact that kids just can't surf the web via wireless. -
Hmmm yes funny that, I wonder when it will appear on the list?.....
-
Smoothwall content filter with bluesocket wireless
ICTNUT replied to ICTNUT's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Right update: I have setup one of the laptops to use the proxy.pac that smoothie has and I now have a valid block page coming from the smoothie when trying to access msn. I would expect this to happen as the smoothie does not know what the unit it so it places it into the unauthenticated IPs group. This group by default has a global block on it as we have found that if you install chrome or firefox you could surf the web unfiltered So my next challenge is to try and get filtering to work, but it looks like we maybe moving forward. -
Smoothwall content filter with bluesocket wireless
ICTNUT replied to ICTNUT's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Yes I did -
Smoothwall content filter with bluesocket wireless
ICTNUT replied to ICTNUT's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Nope did not work. Put BlueSocket into transparent mode on the guests role (the user I am using does go into theis role) and left the smoothie as it is, no go on the web. -
Smoothwall content filter with bluesocket wireless
ICTNUT replied to ICTNUT's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
looking at the bluesocket now, i think i did already try it on there and it would not work but let me give it a go. -
Smoothwall content filter with bluesocket wireless
ICTNUT replied to ICTNUT's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I second that ! Hmm will have to stay with the way it is at the moment then and not allow web access via wireless. Hmm me thinks I could possible allow a loopback via the bluesocket to our SSL VPN and get the students to logon to one of our Terminal Services boxes and get access that way, long winded yes but if they really need access I geuess they will use it. -
Smoothwall content filter with bluesocket wireless
ICTNUT replied to ICTNUT's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Just thinking about this if I go into transparent mode I will then loose all the groups that have been setup through AD authentication and then loose the filter groups that have been setup as these are based on AD group membership. Effectively this will drop the whole back to just a single level, single filter policy proxy, am I thinking correctly on this? -
Smoothwall content filter with bluesocket wireless
ICTNUT replied to ICTNUT's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Error - NTLM in Terminal Services compatibility mode cannot be used with 'Transparent' enabled Which one should I set it to then? Ident by IP?? -
Smoothwall content filter with bluesocket wireless
ICTNUT replied to ICTNUT's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Where on the smoothie do we set transparent proxy then......? -
Smoothwall content filter with bluesocket wireless
ICTNUT replied to ICTNUT's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Hmm thats a good point, I have a script that runs which will only allow a single logon instance for any student or staff with the time, date, IP, and pc name being logged to a central database so finding out who did what is not really going to be that much of an issue. I will have a play and let you know. -
Smoothwall content filter with bluesocket wireless
ICTNUT replied to ICTNUT's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Will do :-)
