_Bat_
Members-
Posts
1,352 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by _Bat_
-
Just looked at the list that was mentioned... "I don't care what he says, I'm not having it on my network" Hmm, how many people here are guilty of that?
-
She might you know! I think we have at least two mothers who are regulars on this forum
-
I personally would go for 512mb of RAM as opposed to 128 or 256. I find 256mb starts to struggle very quickly with XP, especially if it is properly updated. You might want to give us the prices for these refurbished computers you find - we'll tell you whether people are ripping you off!
-
Glad someone else found it to be of use
-
Found this little program a while ago but only just decided to install it across the network now. It's a free download from Microsoft and it basically puts a small animated dolphin (hector) in the top right hand corner of the page whenever an internet browser is open. If one of the pupils accidently comes across something naughty, they can click on hector and it will load up a screensaver which covers all the open windows giving the child time to call an adult without having to keep seeing what is on the monitor. This is going to be explained the the pupils in assembly and I think it shows that the schools are trying to do what they can to protect their pupils with simple things like this installed. http://www.microsoft.com/nz/athome/security/children/hector.mspx
-
Any free video to flash converters or ideas on video?
_Bat_ replied to Quackers's topic in Web Development
Thanks -
Any free video to flash converters or ideas on video?
_Bat_ replied to Quackers's topic in Web Development
Can you get it to download then? If so, is it possible you can place the download in another location so I can download it here? I can't download it from their own website for some reason. Thanks! -
Any free video to flash converters or ideas on video?
_Bat_ replied to Quackers's topic in Web Development
The encoding failed . The video is simply an AVI file... can't see anything wrong with the settings, so I can only think it's a codec issue :? -
Any free video to flash converters or ideas on video?
_Bat_ replied to Quackers's topic in Web Development
I saw you have promoted this a lot during my travels around the site... I'll have to give it a go. Just hope the player can be combined with joomla. Cheers Craig . -
Any free video to flash converters or ideas on video?
_Bat_ replied to Quackers's topic in Web Development
Is anyone able to get this to download from this site? I'd like to give this a try for something, but each time I try to download, the page just refreshes. Their solution (according to the site) is to "not use a proxy" ... so helpful . I mean we all use a proxy purely for window dressing don't we? Lol. -
/me wonders if this post will fix this thread so it can actually be displayed properly again Good good, it worked
- 4,290 replies
-
- assistance
- background
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
We are used to it. Jake only signed up for the potential of female IT techs... the rejection from WITCH doesn't appear to knocked him back either
- 4,290 replies
-
- assistance
- background
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
So... who has an office in a converted (disused?) toliet again? I know someone did.
-
Generic comments like that point in the direction of a bot to me.
-
Our LEA doesn't block it, but one of my schools has requested us to block it just for that school. There was a bit of debate about it as it can contain useful videos for the lessons, especially for primary school kids. However youtube was reguarly visited during breakfast club and the more it got used the more likely it was for someone to come across unsuitable material.
-
Same reason smoking and alcohol are bad ideas. All of them take into your body stuff that shouldn't really be there. A lot of young people get tattoos early on in life because it is "cool" (apparently) but then a lot either pay to get it removed several years later, or get it removed on the NHS (because they realised it wasn't so cool after all). I'm just glad I never got the temptation to have one done. Regardless though, it is bad for you. It cannot possibly be good for you, just look at how it is done. I have a lot of strong opinions about stuff like this . It's probably best I shut up now before I start IT Tech War 1
-
Tattoo = Bad idea Windows Vista = Bad idea Not sure where you are coming from there
-
I thought it'd have been vital in a secondary school? Thanks. Looking at that, I don't think it'll be necessary for a primary school. OCS-NG should suffice .
-
Some people use both of these together don't they? Why? My OCS inventory install didn't go so well when I tried (due to the server hardware, not the software) so I've found another machine to install it on. Since then I have had more time to plan and am wondering what advantages GLPI has over OCS? Cheers!
-
Anyone had luck with Digital Blue deployment?
_Bat_ replied to jumpinjamez's topic in Educational Software
It annoys me when companies make products that are aimed for schools, then make the software as if it was being used in a home. Grrr! Do you think we should name and shame these companies? . Digiblue are an absolute nightmare on a lot of workstations to be honest. The workarounds mentioned in this thread should never have had to be done. As I mentioned in an earlier post, digiblue e-mailed me to confirm that it couldn't be automatically deployed across a network... that's it. That was all the help they could give. -
I just can't see the point in being so mean about it. All it required was just not respond to the thread if you didn't want a fellow forum member on your contact list. The question was honest and legitimate, no offense at all was intended.
-
FN i have no room to talk but you are missing letters out of your post's rying = trying ahve = have becuase = because doesnt = doesn't Callum, your posts are becoming a bit unnecessary. If you don't mind me saying, that is just picking for a fight (however possible that is over a forum).
-
Umm, guys/girls... why all the fuss? All he did was ask for peoples MSN addresses. He didn't say "give me your msn address or die a slow and horrible DDOS". I actually remember a thread on here before asking exactly the same question. In that thread no-one complained and several people gave theirs out. That is how I ended up with several of you on MSN. I'm not entire sure why people are being so skeptical about the purpose of the original question. It seemed quite honest and legitimate to me.
