-
Posts
6,216 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Ditto
-
Korean subtitled film Parasite on Netflix. I note earlier comments said uncomfortable viewing. A little gruesome at the end but in no way a horror film. I really enjoyed it's dark humour - an excellent watch for me.
-
Is Youtube serving up Adult Content in Ads?
Ditto replied to fizzymilk's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Is LoveHoney where I can get Manuka - asking for a friend. -
Microsoft Stream Classic gone - migration to Streams on Sharepoint advice
Ditto replied to Ditto's topic in Cloud Services
Thanks for this. We started using our new IT supplier from June 2022 - looking at the time line, some pro-active advice in advance would have avoided the migration issue! I will inform them about the option option to re-enable Classic, as it will get them out of the hole where, horror of horrors, they can't close a ticket as someone can not access one of our CEO's recordings is it's in old style Stream. -
Colleagues have reported when trying to view varies videos stored some while ago, the message coming up that MS Stream (Classic) has been disabled. It would appear it is now Stream on SharePoint. We have not yet got clear indication from our IT provider what, if any, the migration process moving the old videos to the new platform. Has anyone got any experience on this and tips as how to tackle.
-
No idea, but the two lifters need to do some HSE training on working with heavy loads!
-
and well done for securing a remote job - many on here will be envious!
- 4,290 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- assistance
- background
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I'm interested in further insight on the Excel side of things. What sort of datasets have you seen it working on and what has it come up with?
-
Many of ewe will no doubt be familiar with the loneliest sheep story. Well, media have been bleating on with many a pun. I'm pleased to report there has been a happy outcome which I'm sure ewe'll all be pleased about - it's been rescued! See - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-67321305 Now, there'll be lots of pun opportunities to build on this, so please don't be sheepish, I want to hear your best puns baa none. I'm sure many of you can fleece the story far better than me, but nothing too woolly please.
-
After a dangerously dismissive reaction from one of our SLT when I asked about a DPIA, as I have learnt they are using a cloud based application (and it turns out they have for 2 years!), I will be rattling some cages. We deal with special category data of enormous sensitive all the time. It made me ponder other cloud based applications. MS 365 and/or Google for Workspace are both candidates and I just wondered if they are often forgotten. So my question is: In your environment, do you have DPIA for those products?
-
Things that could have been improved before being approved...
Ditto replied to 6Foot2's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Yes I realised that, but then it's not amusing . Indeed you can find YouTube clips where tree surgeons use the stump as a launcher, and some don't turn out too well, especially when there is water nearby. -
Things that could have been improved before being approved...
Ditto replied to 6Foot2's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
This is from BBC with pictures of the impact of storm Ciarán. Presumably that car was fine before the chain saw brigade arrived - and why is it labelled in BLC as BBC Sport? -
Funnily enough my LM mentioned this product (without recalling it's name) just an hour ago. Apparently our IT provider suggested it could be used with Excel data and help with reporting and gleaning insights. I was suitably cynical about that, but stayed as open minded as possible! We don't have a single dashboard or automated report in operation and anything beyond trivial number requires Excel data extractions and various machinations as our main information system is terrible. Data quality is really poor as the system has very little flexibility and almost no ways of enforcing data business rules. They idea was to 'play around' with the tool and see what it offers. However, no costs were indicated and once that is confirmed, I think this will be dropped pronto! For clarity, we are not a school, but a charity that works a lot with schools.
-
Could this be spun off in to another thread before I comment further as it's not too relevant to the OPs original question. For the record I have never bought a key this way, I wouldn't encourage legal, or potentially illegal practices, but I am interested in the legal positions around this topic. For me the quoted legal precedence (and I've now read the ruling) doesn't make it clear cut - although I accept we may not get to that point as is the often the case with law.
-
I'd agree there should be no promoting illegal purchases, but are they really grey market? Wasn't there a EU ruling that stated it's entirely above board and legal. I'm more than happy to have the situation clarified.
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Ditto replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
As promised, an update following flu jab administered by a paramedic at local GP. When I asked about covid booster jab, they said yes, I could have it. I suggested I wait a week or two to rest the immune system (no science behind this!) but again they were happy and I could book it at GP or elsewhere. When I discussed the qualifying requirements, the view seemed to be if you want it you can have it. When I mentioned my understanding of qualifying criteria, I got the feeling I knew the details more than them. Bottom line seems to be, within reason, if you regard yourself as borderline qualifying, then they are very happy for you to go ahead. In truth, this is really about asthma, covid risks and the covid vaccine. Unlike flu, there is data showing you are not at greater risk from covid if you have controlled asthma - potentially the opposite, but it's a much more detailed conversation than I will go in to here! -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Ditto replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Yes, my preference is 2 weeks apart, so will try similar. -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Ditto replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Oh, on the advice for covid vaccine, I dug a lot deeper and think I now understand the details. I can provide links if anyone is interested. So, yes, if you use fostair etc. regularly it means you are recommended for free flu jab, but not for covid jab- well, unless you are under 16, where it is yes you do for covid. In practice, I think GPs are offering both if they want to (or maybe need to use up stock!). I am due in for flu jab next week, so I will ask and see what comes of it and provide an update. -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Ditto replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
That's a really good way at looking at it and as for the claim-ability - well I expect you'd need to be seriously up for a battle! At work, we just got an update to Staff Handbook and new Health and Safety booklet. When you read all the (excuse for the slang) namby-pamby lifting advice, working at heights, lone working, VDI advice, eye breaks adviceetc. etc., which can all be summarised by 'use your common sense' - but carry on going to work when carrying a disease which could seriously harm or kill others. In that light, it does look spectacularly daft! -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Ditto replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
I'm finding the qualifying details hard to track too. I don't qualify for either flu or covid vaccine purely on age. I've been invited to a flu jab, presumably as I am down as having asthma. What I read on the gov site for covid vaccine was if you take steroid tablets you qualify - well I use Fostair which is steroid but not tablet form. Using the online equivalent of the NHSapp, when I answered 'I think I might be vulnerable' (because I really don't know what the definition is) then it allows me to book! It certainly isn't clear! -
Shouldn't be an issue - he has 'shed loads' or is it a 'load of sheds'?
-
I'd agree refurb/2nd hand business spec can get you great value. 9 years ago I bought a Lenovo x220 - it is an i7 with SSD 'RapidDrive Enhanced Experience 2.0' and it's what I'm using now - and most days! It's on the latest Win 10, and it's been trouble free , rock solid and great for taking away due to it's compact size. And it still boot pretty quick. I bought one from a supplier in Belgium and replaced the keyboard. Apart from being unable to find a decent genuine new battery at reasonable cost, it's left me with a very positive view on Lenovo. Actually, I have had to renew the charger. If Lenovo have kept the quality up, I'd be interested to know what 3 years old equivalent is and it would tick the 'not too much change' box as I'm thinking I might upgrade on the 10 year anniversary!
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Ditto replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
New gov data site at https://ukhsa-dashboard.data.gov.uk/ - it is in beta, but includes flu data as well as covid. -
Well, now you put it that way, given my avatar, probably this so I can use my Technology Research Beta interface - but we are probably getting off topic, so better move on in case one of the new mods spots us!
- 22 replies
-
- fall damage
- laptop
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
The Wildlife (and Gardening for Wildlife) thread
Ditto replied to elsiegee40's topic in General Chat
Last year for the first time ever, I grew cherry tomatoes in tomato bags. They were carefully tended and regular given tomato feed. A great crop was the result. The old bags were cleared away, but in the gaps in the patio paving slabs, a few self-seeded. I just left them alone, almost weed like. This is the somewhat wild result. Some are ripening on the vine, others I let ripen on the windowsill indoors. They taste just as good as the loving cared for ones, in fact they seem to have been less prone to splitting than last year. -
Hmm - I'm not a user or expert on this, but a quick Google showed a Bedfordshire company promoting it's use https://www.odysseyeducation.co.uk/classlink.html *** Edit - also on UK Gov Digital Marketplace https://www.applytosupply.digitalmarketplace.service.gov.uk/g-cloud/services/433135728456916 ***
