Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Ditto

Members
  • Posts

    6,216
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ditto

  1. Nationals *might* pick up on this before too long. Classchart really need to get some clearer commumication pretty quickly.
  2. It's a valid question and one that sadly means some even more serious safeguarding concerns aren't reported for similiar concerns with other acts of law. In practice, I have been assured that the law enforcers take a reasonable approach and won't pursue anyone without good reason. In this instance, there may be a technical breach of the law, but I very much doubt it would stand up in court as it wouldn't meet the target for realistic prospect of prosecution, so Crown Prosecution wouldn't be interested, besides I can't see it being in the public interest. What I'd like to see is the legal regulations are updated to provide unequivocal protection for school and other relevant staff from prosecution for reporting issues like this. In the specific case you are talking about, continued unauthorised access of the data is unlikely to lead to prosecution, but I would say unwise - if the level of access become excessive, the chances of getting in to hot water obviously increase. It's worth noting even without a prosecution, consequences could still come home to roost, such as dismissal for gross misconduct. Certainly passing any of that information would not be sensible, so your strategy of not continuing beyond the point of realising you are accessing unauthorised data is highly likely to keep you out of trouble.
  3. Given who owns Classcharts, has anyone thought of reporting this to a TES journalist. That'll be a test of journalistic freedom!
  4. Only if anyone has told you. Earlier, there was a post that showed a head's letter, so that's likely make which school has a breach known, but doesn't mean they have been made aware. Do Class charts know? You'd hope so, but the info to know that might have been volatile and lost.
  5. Have any of you who have a known breach assessed it and decided to make a report to ICO. Your DPO ideally should have done so with appropriate staff input, within 72 hours of the breach being known.
  6. I'm interested to build a list of apps that you managed to drop following migrating from SIMS to another MIS. If you could say what you went to, what you dropped and any comments about the process. If there were any 3rd party apps you couldn't do without, what were they and why? Finally, and this is a little specialist, has anyone moved to Arbor and found they could drop ClassCharts .
  7. Taking you up on your offer to ask again in January. In particular, have you concluded upgrading over the Christmas break was a good idea?
  8. Yes! I mean this in all seriousness. In almost all other job roles, this is called training. Maybe us ITer's do ourselves an injustice by feeding the machine that expects us to continuously re-skill and advance without training.
  9. What sort of info is being shared - would any of it be classified as special category?
  10. I'm inclined to agree, but Prime Video has is at 15+. I watched A Simple Favour also on Prime, also 15+. Enjoyable, some fun twists, perhaps a little OTT at times, but again, maybe should be 18+.
  11. That's shocking
  12. There's so much I could say in this thread, but I'll stick with one point, for now. Given the requirements and all of what has been said, doesn't it add weight to the idea of taking as much as possible to the a reputable cloud provider. You of course need the cloud provider to meet all the requirements that are in their remit, but any decent one should meet them anyway. Besides, the are likely to be able to utilise economy of size that most schools could never match. Clearly there are still on site requirements, internet access, wifi etc, but it should be a lot less than the alternative.
  13. Of course, AI won't be able to predict the future, it's 'intelligence' really comes from the past It's worth looking but 4 or 5 comments!
  14. That widens the market massively and might now be worth investing some time on. I'm charity, not Edu, but having shot the idea from SLT down, as we are way less than 300 seats, now I can go back and say it is worth a look. Training is likely to be key to get the best of that, and perhaps like schools, I've had no technical training since joining!
  15. Courtesy of BBC archives, far too many of us could reminisce over these old programmes. It's all part BBC's Computer Literacy Project 1980 - 1989 Which ones do you remember?
  16. Haribo's - excellent touch!
  17. 100% all of the above - good to see such excellent safeguarding advice coming from Edugeek.
  18. I wondered if any of the Google Innovators out there, or others, had any contact details I could follow up with to find what work experience Google UK offers school aged kids.
  19. I've just watched the April 2022 Panorama broadcast on the topic of the post office scandal. Right now, and quite rightly, there is huge media coverage on this matter. Perhaps because of the current media storm, the Panorama programme is all the more disturbing. If you haven't, watch it, as the depth of the scandal and destruction of lives is truly horrific. What is equally astonishing is the story of a near two decade fight for justice. It should never take that long and those that feel corporate image is more valuable than lives and livelihoods should be held to account. My now deceased Aunt and Uncle run a rural post in Kent many years ago. Their time included an armed robbery where my Aunt told them off for being 'naughty boys'. I'm so glad they did not get wrapped up in this travesty.
  20. Thanks for all the replies. A job I have seen advertised has the role reporting into the Exams Officer which I haven't seen before.
  21. The Holdovers, was recommended to me as one of the best films of the year. I guess I'll have to wait and see before deciding if I agree.
  22. I'm interested knowing which role you report in to?
  23. Easy to miss how long the mother's left arm is!
  24. Plenty of trees down in Surrey, in part due to the saturated soil. Flooding is likely to be causing more damage than the trees though.
  25. I had to detour on my way home due to a tree on the road. Fortunately I know the minor roads well as I have cycled most of them. Also have to retrieve patio furniture from around the garden for the second time within the last couple of weeks.
×
×
  • Create New...