-
Posts
2,187 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by IanT
-
CCTV Storage 30TB - Your thoughts and suggestions please :-)
IanT replied to lmgtfy's topic in Physical Security
This is the one we got: HP D3600 w/12 4TB 6G SAS 7.2K LFF(3.5in) Midline Smart Carrier HDD 48TB Bundle (Part Number: B7E38A) Connected to a DL380 G9 Server, we had to purchase a Smart Array: Smart Array P441 I think we got all this from misco and paid in total about 7-8k, I would have to check. -
CCTV Storage 30TB - Your thoughts and suggestions please :-)
IanT replied to lmgtfy's topic in Physical Security
I've just deployed a CCTV Server to one of are schools with the following array: http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/disk-enclosures/product-detail.html?oid=6293995 -
I've installed a few Paxton Net2 systems............never used IPv6 or heard its a requirement for there system. If you are unsure give the Paxton support guys a call, they know there stuff!
-
Yup - also check the link I put up.
-
Unchecking it does not disable IPv6, you need to look at this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/929852
-
Check out the crucial site, input your server model and it will show what memory is compatible: uk.crucial.com - DDR4, DDR3, DDR2, DDR memory upgrades Check these links out: http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/products/pedge/pedge_r810_specsheet_en.pdf http://site.pc-wholesale.com/manuals/Dell-PowerEdge-R810.pdf
-
I suppose it would depend on the manufacturer, heres one on ebay: ASUS F551M X551MA LAPTOP ODD OPTICAL DVD DRIVE BLANK DUMMY (HAR48) A | eBay
-
Have you assign the new Address Book policy to the user? Whats the powershell command you are using?
-
If you amend the protection group settings it will amend it for all servers within that group. If you go into DPM > Management > Agents, right click the agent and click refresh what error is it giving you? Is the latest agent version installed?
-
I did a big deployment of these switches (the 2530) for edge and 5406zl for the core a few years ago, the original firmware they were shipped with (at the time) had issues with SFPs modules, high cpu usage, randomly rebooting connecting via CLI etc etc, I ended up logging a call with HP ProCurve team and even ended up speaking to one of their procurve engineers who writes the firmwares in the US! i sent all the tech data over to him\HP who confirmed and in their words "there are known issues with the last couple of firmware releases", after a few firmware updates later they have settled down and seem ok now. 2920 series are solid switches - $$$$$$
-
I manage about 7 DPM Servers so know my way around it quite well........... If there is no space on the protected server DPM wont be able to back it up but I would look here first.......... https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/62e66b66-fe83-48fb-afec-111206a08154/dpm-2012-r2-synchronizations-fail-after-1hour-20-min-error-code-60?forum=dpmfilebackup To change the sync time you need to amend the protection group. Useful for anyone.... List of Build Numbers for System Center Data Protection Manager (DPM) - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki
-
I would look at the HP 5400 zl Switch Series: http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/networking-switches/product-detail.html?oid=1827663#!tab=features Couple of modules: http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/oas/product-detail.html?oid=4348629 http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/oas/product-detail.html?oid=4348608 For the edge switches I wouldnt recommend the 2530 models, they have very buggy firmwares!
-
I would look at the HP 5400 zl Switch Series: http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/networking-switches/product-detail.html?oid=1827663#!tab=features Couple of modules: http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/oas/product-detail.html?oid=4348629 http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/oas/product-detail.html?oid=4348608 For the edge switches I wouldnt recommend the 2530 models, they have very buggy firmwares!
-
Download Windows 10 RTM Build 10240 ISO
-
You can add all the drivers (x86 and x64) from the Printer Management console.
-
We have quite a few HP D2600 (Discontinued) and D3600 connected via SAS http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/disk-enclosures/product-detail.html?oid=6293995 Are you going to use this for B2D?
-
Useful... https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/cc753109%28v=ws.10%29.aspx https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732946.aspx
-
We manage a large number of workstations (thousands) and we just use a simple scheduled task to shut the machines down, is there really a need to spend money on a solution just to turn it off...
-
Stupid idea calling servers after cartoon characters, planets etc Give them proper logical namings!
-
This would need careful planning of course. Useful... https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh994618.aspx Exchange Support For Windows Server 2012 R2 - 250 Hello - Site Home - TechNet Blogs https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj898583%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee332309%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx https://4sysops.com/archives/how-to-migrate-exchange-2010-to-2013-part-1/
-
I've used a few Cisco Aironet 1552S Outdoor Access Point
-
curious, how is your DHCP setup?
-
think we need some more info here... have you amended the ip route on the core?
-
I would say yes. What switches do you have>?
