Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

IanT

Members
  • Posts

    2,187
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IanT

  1. This is the one we got: HP D3600 w/12 4TB 6G SAS 7.2K LFF(3.5in) Midline Smart Carrier HDD 48TB Bundle (Part Number: B7E38A) Connected to a DL380 G9 Server, we had to purchase a Smart Array: Smart Array P441 I think we got all this from misco and paid in total about 7-8k, I would have to check.
  2. I've just deployed a CCTV Server to one of are schools with the following array: http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/disk-enclosures/product-detail.html?oid=6293995
  3. IanT

    IPv6 Setup

    I've installed a few Paxton Net2 systems............never used IPv6 or heard its a requirement for there system. If you are unsure give the Paxton support guys a call, they know there stuff!
  4. [sOLVED] Windows Update Error 80072F8F - Tech Support Forum
  5. Yup - also check the link I put up.
  6. Unchecking it does not disable IPv6, you need to look at this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/929852
  7. Check out the crucial site, input your server model and it will show what memory is compatible: uk.crucial.com - DDR4, DDR3, DDR2, DDR memory upgrades Check these links out: http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/products/pedge/pedge_r810_specsheet_en.pdf http://site.pc-wholesale.com/manuals/Dell-PowerEdge-R810.pdf
  8. I suppose it would depend on the manufacturer, heres one on ebay: ASUS F551M X551MA LAPTOP ODD OPTICAL DVD DRIVE BLANK DUMMY (HAR48) A | eBay
  9. Have you assign the new Address Book policy to the user? Whats the powershell command you are using?
  10. If you amend the protection group settings it will amend it for all servers within that group. If you go into DPM > Management > Agents, right click the agent and click refresh what error is it giving you? Is the latest agent version installed?
  11. I did a big deployment of these switches (the 2530) for edge and 5406zl for the core a few years ago, the original firmware they were shipped with (at the time) had issues with SFPs modules, high cpu usage, randomly rebooting connecting via CLI etc etc, I ended up logging a call with HP ProCurve team and even ended up speaking to one of their procurve engineers who writes the firmwares in the US! i sent all the tech data over to him\HP who confirmed and in their words "there are known issues with the last couple of firmware releases", after a few firmware updates later they have settled down and seem ok now. 2920 series are solid switches - $$$$$$
  12. I manage about 7 DPM Servers so know my way around it quite well........... If there is no space on the protected server DPM wont be able to back it up but I would look here first.......... https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/62e66b66-fe83-48fb-afec-111206a08154/dpm-2012-r2-synchronizations-fail-after-1hour-20-min-error-code-60?forum=dpmfilebackup To change the sync time you need to amend the protection group. Useful for anyone.... List of Build Numbers for System Center Data Protection Manager (DPM) - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki
  13. I would look at the HP 5400 zl Switch Series: http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/networking-switches/product-detail.html?oid=1827663#!tab=features Couple of modules: http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/oas/product-detail.html?oid=4348629 http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/oas/product-detail.html?oid=4348608 For the edge switches I wouldnt recommend the 2530 models, they have very buggy firmwares!
  14. I would look at the HP 5400 zl Switch Series: http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/networking-switches/product-detail.html?oid=1827663#!tab=features Couple of modules: http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/oas/product-detail.html?oid=4348629 http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/oas/product-detail.html?oid=4348608 For the edge switches I wouldnt recommend the 2530 models, they have very buggy firmwares!
  15. Download Windows 10 RTM Build 10240 ISO
  16. You can add all the drivers (x86 and x64) from the Printer Management console.
  17. We have quite a few HP D2600 (Discontinued) and D3600 connected via SAS http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/disk-enclosures/product-detail.html?oid=6293995 Are you going to use this for B2D?
  18. Useful... https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/cc753109%28v=ws.10%29.aspx https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732946.aspx
  19. We manage a large number of workstations (thousands) and we just use a simple scheduled task to shut the machines down, is there really a need to spend money on a solution just to turn it off...
  20. Stupid idea calling servers after cartoon characters, planets etc Give them proper logical namings!
  21. This would need careful planning of course. Useful... https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh994618.aspx Exchange Support For Windows Server 2012 R2 - 250 Hello - Site Home - TechNet Blogs https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj898583%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee332309%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx https://4sysops.com/archives/how-to-migrate-exchange-2010-to-2013-part-1/
  22. I've used a few Cisco Aironet 1552S Outdoor Access Point
  23. curious, how is your DHCP setup?
  24. think we need some more info here... have you amended the ip route on the core?
  25. I would say yes. What switches do you have>?
×
×
  • Create New...