-
Posts
2,187 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by IanT
-
What is the size of your largest Ghost Image? 10GB Where do you keep your Ghost Images? On our 2TB External Drive connected to our IBM xServe Do you periodically Update your images with all the Updates and Software available? When I get a chance. Do you have an image for each model PC or for Each Room/Department with the relevant software on the image? Some
-
Sadly for some reason the teachers here NEED youtube open! They demand it open! If I block it I get a bunch of teachers come up moaning to unblock it. I've just blocked it nowwwwwwwww at 9:30AM.............lets see when I get the first email or teacher come up moaning to unblock it
-
another vote here GFI MailEssentials, I've had it setup on a Exchange Server 2007 box, excellent product.
-
Exchange Sync - Blackberry or Windows Mobile?
IanT replied to gshaw's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
I dont touch Windows Mobiles at all!! BlackBerry devices are good and excellent when they are setup with BES. Ian -
I have: MS Windows XP Professional + SP3 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz 3GB DDR2 RAM 320GB SATAII DVD-RW ATi Radeon 2600 HD (VGA/DVI) Dual 19" Samsung TFT Screens
-
Im getting: Line 30 Char 2 Error: Permission Denied Code: 800A0046 Source: Microsoft VBScript rutime error The script still runs and logs though.
-
New ICT Support Technician - Needs Advice - Please
IanT replied to james_richards's topic in Educational IT Jobs
I would have to disagree that having A+/MCSE/MCSA puts you in a different league, its great if you ahve the qualifications but when it comes to crunch time of doing a task at the standard of a A+/MCSE/MCSA can this person do it? I remember one guy I used to work with who had everything from Cisco, Citrix to Microsoft qualifications etc etc and another guy who had a good load of experience, when both guys were given a task the guy with the most experience got it done correctly, where as the qualification guy well tbo didnt have a clue where to start or anything. Plus when Im interviewing people for a IT Technician role or Senior Role I dont even bother looking at the qualifications, experience experience experience or if its a young guy looking for work who trying to break in but has a basic understanding of it all then thats good enough for me, I tend to go very deep into conversation with them on what they've done, going into detail if they they under how it works etc etc. Every single job I've gone for or seen people go for I know within the IT Inductry just dont care if you have A+/MCSE/MCSA/CCNA etc etc etc Regards. -
hold up, got it working for admins.................log on as a teacher or student and I get a lovely VB - Permission Denied error but it still logs the logon times etc
-
The 2 blackberry's I just setup I just put in the email server settings for my head and pa and works like a charm!! (on BIS) But really if you have an exchange server and have a number of blackberry users then BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) is the better option and cost effective, plus you have more control on the devices, you can set policy stuff, disable the handhelds etc etc if u had an on-site BES
-
Yup, gig lan, HDMI port on side, card reader, bluetooth, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit and too top it off a PINK top top!!
-
I've have just setup 2 BlackBerry Storms, one for the head and her PA, easy to setup, easy to use, not bad devices................IMO BlackBerryies are alot better than Windows Mobiles by far!!! I've done alot of BlackBerry setup from BIS and BES.
-
I just brought my mother a laptop from Dell and used the customize options and added some bits in and just came in under £449, it had 4GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1Ghz, 320GB HDD, Built in web cam, DVD-RW....cant remember the rest.
-
I take a nice big dump over Medion stuff
-
I was ill for 2 weeks before xmas..........I came into work
-
I wouldnt pay £450 for that, I would expect more for that price.
-
It weird because we took him in our car to look at all the xmas light, laughing, chatting and then a couple of weeks later hes gone, great loss to the family
-
Retire to Norfolk lovely place, thats where i plan to retire in..............42years time lol
-
I remember watching him! RIP! Not alot fo good news lately, my partners grandfather died last friday night RIP
-
I've had 40 laptops on 1 AP, cant remember make and model though sorry
-
I've for a few Netgear WN802T Access Points, easy to setup, very fast etc I'm slowly replacing the old access points. Ian
-
Interesting thanks for that
-
Hi Guys, Just wanted to know if any of you use SIMS via the wireless at your schools? do you have any issues, is it slow? I'm asking as im getting some teachers moaning its taking a while to load via the wireless (11meg wireless)
-
haha yeah, I had Internet going so slow! and wireless went down in the main staff room!! arg!! and the rush for setting up projectors also! I was out by 3PM, had enough lol
