Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

IanT

Members
  • Posts

    2,187
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IanT

  1. Managed systems we looked at cost too much....... Im getting aload of 3Com 7760's soon to replace my old ones. Got 1 atm testing and excellent.
  2. Im liking this one atm: Cisco Catalyst 3750E-24TD reading up on specs
  3. IanT

    haha this was funny

    Yeah, I think they won most of Hackney.........lucky for my place who are building a new school they are keeping in-house!
  4. IanT

    haha this was funny

    I talk to alot of other schools.........I spoke to a school today in the hackney area.......and asked them about there IT Team etc etc.... The person comes bk to me and says we are a new school and we have managed by RM...... The next email made me laugh............ RM have provided us with a very poor service so far and sadly we cant get out of the contract. dear me
  5. Everything is Cisco, we have 3 VLANS, 3 Subnets, We have fibre from all cabinets to the other core switch, and a fibre from the main core to the other core switch (the one i want to replace) I would like a 24 porter
  6. I might be in need of a new Cisco Core switch soon, I have a Cisco 3550 and I've run out of ports, I want to upgrade that..........any recommendations?
  7. IanT

    Funny Names

    We used to have someone at our school called..................................... Harry Potter
  8. IanT

    New Server Spec

    For your exchange server I take it you will be running Exchange Server 2007? If so then I would have more than 4Gb of RAM, I would put a min of 8GB.
  9. Different subject really, my school had a power cut during the night, I came in and found part of the network down.........All servers were fine as they were on teh UPS, but my core switches went down.........need to get them on the UPS. Make sure you get a nice powerful UPS installed.
  10. What school is it and where? Thanks
  11. It was my fault, over half term I did some tweaking to the switch BUT didnt SAVE the config..........power went last night and reverted bk to the old config as I didnt save my changes! silly me!
  12. Fixed now!
  13. We had a power outage last night.........now I cant get onto my 2 Core switches!..........http. Everything else is working fine My 2 cores are Cisco 3550's
  14. Internet Explorer 8 has reached RTM hahahah ignore me!! I've only just seen someone has posted the same link as me!! the site I normally check!
  15. Get your self if you can a Auto-Loader
  16. I used todo this sort of work for my old company I worked for, we charged I think £72 per hour.
  17. I remember a couple of years ago when I was a ICT Technician at another school...........we had a spare Toshiba Desktop computer laying around, I chucked some extra RAM in it and turned it into a Unreal Tournament 99 Server I had about 4 or 5 UT Servers running off it, Capture the Flag, Death Match etc it was wicked, used to get about 30 kids on there after school and kick there bums sadly......it did come to an end.......
  18. can you post the log please also (sorry)
  19. When you do the core of the OS install and u get too the desktop the wizard pops up asking if you want to install Exchange\ISA (on Premium version), it should be a matter of popping the CD in...........is the CD damaged. please post SS.
  20. Whats the error?
  21. SBS Installation is simple enough, it will run through aload of lovely wizards and ask you to pop in about 3 or 4 CD's, need any help PM me.
  22. IanT

    quiet!!!

    Just finished updating the HP Teaming software on the mail server and completed the RAM upgrade for the SIMS Server. Im going home soon
  23. I'll tell you what an RM Network is..............oooooo hang on! I better not I'll get told off again by the gods!
  24. IanT

    quiet!!!

    I've let all staff know that things will be up and down like a yo yo today.......they have been warned but I know I will get one person saying "you never told me!"
×
×
  • Create New...