Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

IanT

Members
  • Posts

    2,187
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IanT

  1. ICT Systems Administrator - . display advert CLC@Feltham
  2. IanT

    SIMS server spec

    Looks like a great specced server, but a little overkill imo
  3. Why all the fancy namings lol why cant they just keep it simple ICT Network Manager ICT Technician simples
  4. As im going from site to site in London most days, I carry. Laptop (Dell Latitude D430) 80Gb 2.5 External HDD Network Cable Serial Cable Network Coupler CD Wallet Drink
  5. IanT

    Server Broken

    DHL picked it up. FedEx dropped it back off too me. Good News: I've managed to get the server going. I reseated the CPU and its booted up!
  6. IanT

    Server Broken

    This is really following from Thread: I hate courier companies!!! I hate courier companies!!! in Behind the Red Door! Just got this server back! SCSI drives were hanging out Box was in a right state Turned the Server on and it powers on but with a lovely RED LED light "Internal Health LED" Following the PDF from HP's web site, looks like there is a failed CPU I've just popped the CPU into the other slot and the same, red led on the motherboard next too the CPU. Its a HP ProLiant ML350 G3
  7. Moving from 2003 to 2008 is very easy, I've found general file transfers is a lot better, much better group polices stuff also
  8. I've noticed once that Outlook Anywhere decided to disable its self, I re-enabled it and worked after that. bonce the server.
  9. Doesn't Outlook Anywhere need a SSL Certificate - hasn't expired has it?
  10. Hello Chaps, Came across this one tonight.................. All Teaching Jobs - Dorset ICT Systems Technician The Sir John Colfox School, Ridgeway Estate BRIDPORT Dorset DT6 3DT ClosingDate: 10/07/2009 Enjoy, Ian.
  11. Just setup DFS for a client, replicating data to another server (backup purposes). Just wanted too know if anyone else has played around with DFS in 2008 and what you throught of it. Ian.
  12. I like the Dell Server build on there site
  13. I've just built a Dell NAS lately - look on there web site in the education section.
  14. This sounds normal. SQL Server will use most available RAM in the normal course of operation and rarely gives that memory back to the OS. Install latest service pack etc or Right-click on the instance of SQL Server in question, choose 'Properties,' choose 'Memory,' change 'Maximum Server Memory.'
  15. I had to do this the other day for a HP Gig switch to find the IP out, grabbed my serial cable and found it out that way. Ian
  16. Whats the server make, Dell or HP. You checked the HP Management Tools, Dell OpenManage? Is it plugged into a UPS, dodgy PSU?
  17. FF 3.5 is alright, IE8 is quick though. I'm still a FF person.
  18. If you want me todo a once over on your cv, pm me.
  19. recruitment consultant I just fallen off my chair from that comment lol Im no recruitment consultant, I just come across them and post them for everyone
  20. I remember @ my first school I setup a Unreal Tournament 99 server on an old P4 Toshiba box, sat in the corner of the server room - had loads of kids on there, those were the days Got banned though
  21. Im not applying for this lol Do you know this role then?
×
×
  • Create New...