-
Posts
2,187 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by IanT
-
CT Network Manager - Ref: GJ School: Barnwood Park Arts College Address: St.Lawrence Road, Barnwood, Gloucester, Gloucestershire GL4 3QU 01452 530389 E-MAIL: [email protected] Post Title (Subject): ICT Network Manager (ICT) Grade: Grade I Pts 28 - 36 £23,473 - £29,714 pa Allowances: No management allowance / Not applicable Hours: Full Time Contract: Permanent Closing Date: 02/10/2009 Interview Date: TBA Start Date: 04/01/2010 .................. Jobs, recruitment and careers in Gloucestershire
-
Make sure your copy of Backup Exec is fully up-to-date, I've had a client having probems with version 11d, upgraded too 12.5 and fixed all the problems. Exchange 2007 will eat up alot of RAM but not necessarily use it, it may eat 4Gb up but will give back to the OS when it requests it. We have one client (Miniclip ) who have there server located in the states and that has 32Gb of RAM in there!
-
19k!!!!!
-
Why on earth would ANYONE wanna use Symantec Endpoint Protection - anywhere I've used that and sadly had to deploy it, its always caused problems! Back in the days of Symantec Anti-Virus Corporate Edition 8, 9 and 10 used to be good!................version 11 now called Endpoint is just awful!!
-
I've just run a test and the install fails..........but if u run Exchange Server 2007 setup in compatibility mode under..............Windows XP SP2\SP3 it runs........I've just found out.
-
I've upgraded one server from 2008 too 2008 R2 - All went well. I came across a problem when upgrading a test server from 2008 (with Exchange 2007) too 2008 R2 - Didnt like it, Im sure I read that you cant put Exchange 2007 on 2008 R2 box. (someone please correct me)
-
If you buy a Dell or HP Laptop or Desktops they still come with HP XP CD's. or buy XP OEM copy from ebay.
-
Haha, I used to live 5mins round the corner to my old school and I always used to see the kids...............when going down too the shop and shopping in Lakeside...they always seemed amazed that im a human doing other things...........
-
I remember my days as a ICT Technician and running a Pure Unreal Tournament Server (99) Classic days, used to run it off a old Toshiba Desktop in our server room (back in the day), used to get a good 20 kids on one map Got banned in the end
-
vaild Point - dont really wanna think about that now lol
-
Just thinking about it kills me haha
-
hand written - how do you do that?
-
you going to apply witch?
-
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ic, if i lived that way would apply in seconds lol
-
Check the horrible windows firewall in W7
-
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh okays. Interesting reading the info about the school..........they have an external contractor who looks after the Network side of things.............bit odd imo
-
ICT Manager - Dorset - 200570702 - New Scientist Jobs The ICT Manager will be responsible for managing the School's ICT and AVA services. This will involve managing a team of three technicians and an external provider in maintaining and improving the IT network and infrastructure. The successful person must have excellent organisation and managerial skills and be able to liaise and brief senior members of the School and Governors. The ICT Manager will be instrumental in developing and implementing the School's ICT strategy as well as improving the provision of ICT and AVA across the School. Looks like a lovely school..............too far for me.
-
fish4 jobs - Job search and recruitment
-
You should ALWAYS have more than 1 Domain Controller
-
I've installed this in my last school - excellent program (AB Tutor Control)
-
I hope you got more than 1 DC?
-
No complaints this end with Windows 7, got it on Home PC, Work PC and Work Laptop -
-
Im no ICT Director and wouldn't wanna be one at all! Plus I dont work within the education sector yet......used to be a Network Manager (6 Months ago) and used to have a ICT Director who "tried" to control things........
-
I've noticed alot of schools bringing in this form of role in, mainly called ICT Director.............to overlook the entire IT......teaching and technical....I know alot of Network Managers dont like it......I know a few......
