-
Posts
6,358 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by DalekSec
-
Hi All, We have Mobility Print setup for BYOD, it's working fine for Android, Mac, Windows and iOS but it's not working for ChromeOS. I'm unsure why, it worked fine before the summer but over the summer we've had a lot of change; Ruckus refresh, new Firewall and a new Filter. I've checked the ports that it uses and all seems fine and dandy but still no luck printing! I contacted our Papercut support who were very helpful but weren't able to fix it (still in contact with them). The one thing we noticed is that the Chromebooks do not pick up a 'Search Domain', i checked the IP settings it has the correct DNS servers etc, when i test the printing on a Mac it does have a Search Domain. It doesn't work for a personal ChromeOS or a managed device via gsuite. Anyone know if the Search Domain not being there could be the issue? if so why is it not picking it up? Thanks Dalek
-
Cheers will have a dig around for a 8GB SD card and give it a shot
-
First thing i always do when i buy a brand new laptop or PC..... Reinstall windows. Only sure fire way to be rid of all the crud!
- 4 replies
-
- auto install
- mccafe
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
3 Movies in 3 days!!! Day 1: Terminator 2. Been years since i watched it, can say it's just as good as i remeber and one of the best Sci-FI films ever imo. Day B: Yesterday, Wanted to watch this when it came out but i was on Holiday at the time. Finally got to watch it and loved every moment of it! If you're a Beatles fan it's a must. It is a romance film at heart though! Day iii: The Terminator (First film). Same as before been awhile since i saw it i dunno why i chose to watch them the wrong way round! Still a great film in it's own right!!! Going to rewatch Yesterday tonight!
-
For that amount you are very limited, Refurb or Chromebooks! And doubt any of them will be lightweight and have decent specs. It will be one or the other. Lots of powerful Lenovo refurbs that are cheap but weight the same as a small caravan
-
Need to manually add some devices to School Manager
DalekSec replied to aicrd's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
You can get good deals on Late 2012 Mac minis £250ish for an i7, stick an SSD in it and away you go, they can currently run Catalina. Not sure how many more macOS releases they will support though! -
South Coast Christmas EduSocial - Friday Jan 3rd 2020
DalekSec replied to AJWhite1970's topic in General Chat
3rd Book off! See you guys then! -
Heads up, taken from twitter https://twitter.com/scriptingosx/status/1183992083004252165?s=20
-
I'm quite lucky I've only got into mac admin in the last year and a half. Never had to use PM! So i'm unable to say if the management of Macs in general has gone down as i've not been using it that long, but i'd say that i haven't had any glaring issues with management, our MDM (Mosyle) does everything i need it to plus more! We only have 11 macs though also and not overly complicated needs for them, can it run Logic? Yes, Can students login with AD creds and access file shares and One Drive? Yes and is it locked down to a good standard? Also yes.
-
Ref: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/surface-laptop-3/8VFGGH1R94TM?activetab=techspecs&ocid=FY2010ANN-Beat2_ema_rmc_sur_50275_2054889_11851_en-uk_HER&zuid=1049A06CA9A15A1C6C87D15E3A74226A14 Correct! Also ... it comes with Windows Home..... for some reason. That's put me off it straight away.
-
The Pi naming convention confuses me.... next they will have the Raspberry Pi X B +
-
I've only tried on the one Pi and the 1 SD Card. I can try another card, the one i'm using is a 4GB one that came with the Pi as a kit, can't see a class on it. I've just found a 8GB Sandisk but it's a class 4 and i saw you recommend 10. I'm using a HDMi display as i don't have the touch screen.
-
I'm using a Raspberry Pi B, only model i have to hand. I haven't tried using the build script on a new version of Raspian, i'll give that a shot this afternoon.
-
Updated our last windows 7 device to 10 1903 last week, now just to get rid of the Windows 8.1 devices.....
-
Wow i didn't expect that high level of response! I think it was a 'problem behind keyboard' error, i thought the Pi was a newer version than it is, it's a first gen one it turns out so guessing that's the issue? Annoyingly the other Pi we have is a gen 1 one aswell....
-
Just did a fresh install and on step 5: I don't get either of these messages it's just on a loop of saying lost connection to X server and keeps going round and round, think this solution is a non-starter.
-
Thought that might be the case, i'll try again without the updates.
-
Hi All, I'm looking at setting up a Papercut release station on a Raspberry pi, a lot smaller and cheaper than using a windows PC! I've been through the guide they made : https://www.papercut.com/kb/Main/RaspberryPiReleaseStation But it doesn't work, on a reboot it does it's disk check and the goes to console login and stays on there. I've been through the setup again checking I've done everything right, i'm not a Linux master far from it! I tried setting it to auto login and then it just goes through to the console. At no point has it come up with the Print Release GUI. Anyone setup this before than could let me know where i'm going wrong? Cheers Dalek
-
£1.5k is still a lot! That's (does quick maths in his head) 6 years of Mosyle licensing for us, as we only pay £250 a year
-
South Coast Christmas EduSocial - Friday Jan 3rd 2020
DalekSec replied to AJWhite1970's topic in General Chat
I can do any dates bar 13th or the 23rd of December -
No problem I'll send you my bill
-
Untitled Goose Game, If this isn't the best game for under £10 then i don't know what is!!! HONK!!!
-
Hi All, We've had a request for the OneDrive app to be on a mac suite, which we have no issue with. The only problem I've found in testing is during the install it wants permission to Extensions to turn on one of it's features, which they are blocked from. I thought there must be a way to managed the app, to which i found this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/deploy-and-configure-on-macos Great i thought i can customise the app so it's easier for students etc..... the plist files don't exist on our test mac and i can't find them anywhere! Anyone using OneDrive for students, how do you have it setup?
-
Very quick and very vague; Lack of restrictions, Lack of customisation, lack of integrations and ease of use. I went through and compared apples with apples (pun intended), I did have a document with a list of things that Intune doesn't do that Mosyle does but i can't seem to find it, as i think i wrote it down! Saying that just because Intune doesn't do what i want it to do, doesn't mean i doesn't do what you want! But i'd still avoid it for iOS and MacOS devices, for MacOS it's basically non-existent.
-
Also agree with this, Intune is no where near the requirements for iOS or macOS management at the moment. Manager asked me couple months back at looking to move all our apple devices from Mosyle to Intune, to which i said no, gave him a list of reasons why and said if we're moving them across i'm not doing it.
