Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Geoff

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    13,543
  • Joined

Everything posted by Geoff

  1. Adds about £1000 to the value in my experience.
  2. It increases the house value, so why not?
  3. https://imgur.com/
  4. Our main data centre runs VMware w/VCentre on six hosts. Our backup DR site has the same infrastructure. However our branch offices have a single server for file and print that runs a DC in a Hyper-V VM.
  5. Personally I'd be worried about corrosion.
  6. Scottish man builds computer 'cooled by Irn-Bru', calls it the Aye-Mac | Metro News
  7. Anything past two byte characters is unlikely to work due to afore mentioned limits of the standard VGA frame buffer. You could drop your colour depth down to 8bit, but that would defiantly break even more console applications (anything based on ncurses for example) than you have already broken using a UTF8 console font.
  8. Sane practice is to use a mailing list system (take your pick, there's plenty). Or put everyone in the BCC. Information leakage like this is considered a security issue in some industries.
  9. did you set your .vimrc up correctly? Mine looks like this set enc=utf-8 set fileencoding=utf-8 set fileencodings=ucs-bom,utf8,prc set guifont=Monaco:h11 set guifontwide=NSimsun:h12 Also what's your 'locale' set to?
  10. So where's the problem? Are you hitting the limits of standard VGA perhaps?
  11. Read the section of the arch wiki on the subject and adapt as necessary for your distribution. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fonts#Console_fonts
  12. Remember you get a free exploding external battery pack with EE as well!
  13. Windows 95 was released on the 24th August 1995, how time flies. The average PC at the time had a 300mb HDD, 8mb of ram and a 15" CRT. You probably installed Win95 from the 13 floppy disks it came on unless you splashed out for a 'multimedia kit' for your PC and fitted a new fangled CD ROM drive and Sound card. Windows 95 turns 20 | TechCentral
  14. I know, but I had useful information to add and this is the top hit on google when looking for solutions to this problem.
  15. Just had this issue today. Printing the TIFF files resulted in blank pages. Converting with Cute PDF resulted in blank pages in the PDF file too. Gave up on windows and uploaded the TIFF files to a linux server with ImageMagick installed as @CyberNerd suggests. I used mogrify -format pdf *.tiff rather than convert as I had to builk convert about 40 of the damn things. Outputted functional PDFS just fine. Waiting on the end user to see if they actually print of course.
  16. Internet Explorer 6 Enjoy
  17. Fair point, I will mention this.
  18. Yeah desktop. Lets see if I have access to OWA...
  19. Shame it's a client side rule :/
  20. Totally unobvious as usual.
  21. The answer to this is possibly staring me in the face and I'm missing it. Currently a colleague is off work and all his direct email is being forwarded to me via an out of office rule. Now I want to setup a rule to neatly file this all into a folder. Now as the emails say 'This message was autofowarded' I had hoped there was a condition in the outlook rules that would match on that. However I do not see it. Googling appears futile as all the results that come back are 'how to setup your out of office to forward' etc. I am using Outlook 2013.
  22. Yes this is all off the shelf open source software running on 3 Ubuntu VMs (A larger deployment more fault tolerant setup would require more, eg multiple rabbitmq and a HA pair for redis + sensu, but the system scales horizontally). I followed the Digital Ocean guides as a starting point then 'added on' extras after Googling. https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-configure-sensu-monitoring-rabbitmq-and-redis-on-ubuntu-14-04 https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-elasticsearch-logstash-and-kibana-4-on-ubuntu-14-04 https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-and-use-graphite-on-an-ubuntu-14-04-server (Does not include the Grafana setup) https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-configure-collectd-to-gather-system-metrics-for-graphite-on-ubuntu-14-04 There are lots and lots and lots of other guides out there too. I suggest you just start reading.
  23. You need to edit /etc/xdg/openbox/rc.xml look for the sections bound to 'mouse' and 'right click' that use the 'ShowMenu' action.
  24. Cool PM sent your way @Net-Ctrl
  25. Can anyone recommend a Palo Alto reseller / channel partner? I'm in the north west of the UK.
×
×
  • Create New...