-
Posts
5,005 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Hightower
-
It should be fine after a good optical cleaning - we used to send ours away all the time. Do your LEA support team not offer this service?
-
Just stumbled on this comic strip and had me chuckling: The Flying McCoys Comic Strip, May 10, 2011 on GoComics.com
-
[pics] What Is This? From Neatorama.COM
Hightower replied to 6Foot2's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Is it a stool for a stool? Stand it up on end and then a stool can sit on the stool's stool legs. You can be wild and put a stool's stool on a stool's stool to seat a stool. Any more than that though and the stool is just gonna fall off and break. -
Yes, and then when the butterfly flies out of the screen and into his hands, and then flies back into the screen, you can see his 'sleight of hand' to get the butterfly out of camera shot
-
They are like a good whiskey - gets better with age.
-
Great - I'll look out for a nun then (your username always reminds me of nuns, must be the 'sister' bit)
-
Alright, it's getting close now (and I'm like a kid at Christmas), so a quick show of hands who is going to the Saturday gig? Bob Mould now DJ'ing - it gets better haha!
-
Let us see the sysprep.inf file
-
I used to have two, but now I have three as I swapped my iPad for one. Little bit of duct tape and a 'Y' kidney connector from KidneySupplies.com and the jobs a good un. I currently have my MacBook Air listed on eBay for a trade with a heart......
-
Typical! People sell their kidney's in order to have this 'sublime' piece of equipment, and Apple can't even ship it quick enough to use before your 2nd kidney packs up!
-
Buffoon....... Buffoon with the Broom
-
I have to agree with you. These vehicles are not a suped up Impreza that you'd throw around a Major Fast Food Chain car park. They are highly tuned bits of machinery that need a life support machine to stay alive, and as has been pointed out, the brakes are like wet cardboard when the heat is not in them. Everyone has agreed that the race was a spectacular event, even if the safety car was out for a good number of laps. So by allowing them to race without the SC the lives of those drivers are put at further risk for no apparent benefit.
-
[wds] Just started with this and I'm confused.
Hightower replied to Stuart_C's topic in O/S Deployment
Take a look at this: Link That should show you want you need to do on the server side of things -
To arrive at that conclusion I guess you either: a) are best mates with him, and therefore knows he eats a lot of pies b) viewed him on the TV at an earlier point at which time he was eating a pie
-
I'm sure the safety car only went back in around there, so you caught most of the race. I may be wrong but the SC was out for about 14 laps on the restart.
-
Not only the guy who fell over, but there was also the couple of times a yellow flag went up and nobody knew why - even the commentators were saying "we've got a yellow flag down in 1 & 2, and we have no idea why, we can't see anything to cause it"
-
It was a cracking advert for F1 yesterday, great race. I thought Button had made a deal with the man down under the way he was going - truly unbelievable driving. And the camera man who 'fell over' to get an up the skirt shot of Rihanna, and the guy who fell over then half got to his feet and fell over again, and when he eventually got to his feet (forcing one driver to go through the rubble in the process) he stood staring at a 2nd car before eventually thinking "perhaps I should move pronto". Then with Alonso crashing out, and the amount of puntures/front wing damage/pit stops/miscalculations just made it awesome!
-
[video] The machine that destroys everything - I want one.
Hightower replied to mattx's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Sorry, but shredding a box of Tampax just doesn't impress me. "The machine that destroys everything" - what would impress me would be if you fed it to itself and it destroyed itself. -
Hmmm, techs get asked to fix anything with electricity..... .... the table needs fixing...... .... wire the table up to use electricity, thus fixing it (as far as you're concerned) and hopefully giving the person in question a good shock the next time he/she 'wobbles' it.
-
Spartacus - it's 1000x better than babestation, and I can happily watch it without a guilt trip from the missus!
-
Sounds like a flooded engine to me too. Get an 8mm spanner and undo the 3 bolts holding the engine in place and remove the engine from the frame. Then run upstairs, pinch your missuses hair dryer and install in place. Should run no problem, and you will find you have 3hp more as well as a better sounding engine.
-
Apparently you can watch a bunch of idiots crossing the road in all sorts of manners..... The Crossing - Abbey Road Studios
-
I concur - get an iPhone, and if you can't afford it I'll buy your kidney for £2k. That seems to be the done thing now by ultimate fan boys!
-
I don't personally think it's that good of an idea really..... sounds like another SIM (so another expense) is needed. Even if the delivery driver speaks to his mother "I've got a parcel here that needs signing for" and she's at the shops what is she realistically going to achieve from the phonecall? It might take her 15 minutes to get home - is a delivery driver going to hang around, I doubt it. She can't ask him to leave it in the shed - it needs to be signed for. The only thing I can see her achieving is she'll find out she's missed a delivery before she even gets home.
