-
Posts
5,005 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Hightower
-
Well, if 3 hours has already passed and you can't edit it....... I'll let you do the math
-
Fallout (all of them!), FIFA 11, GT5, Red Dead Redemption.
-
It's a completely new network, so the new servers are configured ready for the old ones just to be 'turned off' As above, DNS is already configured on the new network Nice one - already spoke to LEA support team about this who have offered advice (pretty much said it's a doddle, nothing to worry about). Keep them coming please
-
@WesleyW - thanks - that's about what I've got as well. Glad it looks like I haven't overlooked something, but keep thinking please (and others) because I bet there's one or two things at least I wouldn't have thought of
-
It happened on the Saturday too. It happened during the part in the song where it goes quiet, then the crowd started singing it for an encore, and then at the end of the gig everyone was singing it on the way out too. Dave's words were something like "man, you guys are easy"
-
We turned up at our campsite on Friday and were promptly informed by the owner that the tents next to ours belonged to the sound engineers for the gig.
-
Well, it seemed last night had different special guests to us - they had Seasick Steve and John Paul Jones apparently. We had Peter Taylor and Alice F****** Cooper (Dave's words, not mine!) Still haven't been sent the photo's by my dad but will stick some up here as soon as he does.
-
How dare you! Neg rep!
-
Nope, not at all.......... Ross Noble is though, very funny
-
Sarah Millimolly or whatever her face is, is the least funny person on TV at the moment. Death is funnier than her. Andy Parsons is another one who does my head in, and is not funny in the slightest. Kevin Bridges is not funny either, and is nothing but a racist. Rhod Gilbert is funny, as is that geordie one with the long hair who's name escapes me. John Bishop is seriously funny - best comedian on TV at the moment.
-
Has anybody got a checklist of processes they carried out when they moved CC3 to Vanilla? I'm getting their, but it would be cool if I had your checklist to see if I'm missing something obvious - something like: Create users Copy work Copy shared data areas Create printers on server Create trust for SIMS The above is just an example with a couple of items to clarify - obvious your checklists are going to be massive
-
This weekend has quite literally been one of the best weekends ever! Even though I've been ill I managed to get through a long day yesterday and it was totally worth the suffering! Biffy Clyro were absolutely fantastic, and FF were, well words can't describe. Won't mention anything 'special' about the gig yet as people may be checking this before the FF's come on (although I don't know why anyone would!) Will post some photo's up when my dad takes them off the camera. We got talking to a couple at the gig which was good craic, and also a couple of german lads on the campsite who are going tonight as well as last night - they had hospitality tickets, lucky sods. Any how, 15 minutes and tonights guests will be having their socks rocked off
-
We were at the Earls Court gig on the same day! Was immense! Wasn't keen on the Futureheads, but enjoyed Eagles of Death metal, especially having Dave drum for them. Foo's light show was fantastic at Earls Court, and the only light show I've seen that has been better was Muse.
-
It's costing us £40 per person, for 2 nights camping, electric hookup, and the bus to/from the venue. Not cheap for camping still, but a lot cheaper than getting a hotel for the two nights (as well as more fun) and at least we don't have to worry about transport.
-
Our tickets came on Saturday. I confirmed with the campsite earlier this week, and all the camping gear is ready (just needs lifting downstairs ready to pack in the morning. We're taking my Dads car and he is giving that a quick service tonight (oils, water, tyres etc). Then it's up bright and early, head to Milton Keynes campsite, tent up, and pizza hut for dinner. I really can't wait now, but this morning I woke up with a sore throat and extremely heavy eyes - really struggling now, and can't wait to crash into bed at 5 o'clock tonight with the dog! Really don't want to be ill for the gig (and hoping I only have a sore throat from the 12 gallons of water I took on board from the swimming baths on Tuesday!) but I remember when Dave was ill at the Big Weekend in Sunderland and He fought through it, so if He can, I can too. Side note, but is anybody staying at the campsite in Milton Keynes on Friday/Saturday night?
-
Transformers got me within 30 seconds. When a film starts with Megan Fox in hot pants leaning over a motorbike seductively then I'm hooked.
-
This made me chuckle so thought I would share it with those that may not check Dilbert daily. src: The official Dilbert website with Scott Adams' color comic strips, animation, mashups and more!
-
Everyone keeps saying 5 year old but I'm sure the article is about a 2 year old?
-
I'm not impressed by it at all to be honest. My niece uses the laptop in a similar way and she's 3 so a similar age. Whether you give a kid an iPad or a slate and some chalk they are going to have a play around and see what it does.
-
Queens of the Stone Age (with Dave Grohl drumming) - immense Queens of the Stone Age (without Dave Grohl drumming) - pretty good Eagles of Death Metal (with Dave Grohl drumming) - immense Eagles of Death Metal (without Dave Grohl drumming) - meh Tenacious D (with Dave Grohl drumming) - immense Tenacious D (withou.......... You get the idea. Cider is a lovely drink, but then some bright spark then said "put ice in it" and made it the best drink in the world. Dave Grohl is to music what ice is to cider. Amen.
-
Glad to see that it wasn't just my brain frazzled then, so everyone pretty much agrees that's how it reads and it's not exactly fair. Ho hum, have a good weekend everyone when it arrives.
-
Attached a screenshot of the relevant bit of the doc. It says 1/365th of the annual salary, which is the same as 1/7th of a week salary (if it was 1/5th of a weekly salary like it states it is for support staff then it would have been 1/260th of the annual salary)
-
Just wondering if anybody can answer this question. We've received some documentation from the County on how to act next week with the strike (i.e. who should be at work, what the procedure for signing in is etc etc) and it states that teaching staff will lose 1/365th of their annual salary for each days strike they partake in - unless my maths is way out, this boils down to 1/7th of a weeks salary. Support staff will lose 1/5th of their weekly salary. So, to simplify it, if me and a teacher both get paid £70 per week, and we both strike, the teacher will drop £10 from their wage for each day they strike, where as I would drop £14 for each day I strike. 1) Have I read this right? 2) Are my calculations correct? 3) If so, how is this fair?
-
^^^ What sparkeh said - I've been prepping my image today, and I always take a snapshot before I actually sysprep. Also, with VLK you don't have to rearm the activation so you can sysprep the machine as many times as you want (as opposed to 3 times on OEM machines). As for problems with sysprep, it's always just worked for me, but post the error and we might be able to help.
