-
Posts
5,005 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Hightower
-
You do realise we're agreeing on this right?
-
There's a big difference between what the web designer sees when he/she designs something, to what he/she intends you to see. For instance, if the website is designed on a 50" monitor does that mean I can't see it as the designer intended on my lowly 3" mobile? Not at all.
-
So it's your fault - our HT wanting something that everyone else has hehe!
-
The HT isn't looking to replace the functionality of a PC. He's looking for something portable that he can take in and out of meetings and make notes on discreetly - hence why I'm asking for recommendations in this field of equipment rather than laptops or computers
-
Didn't realise the Asus Transformer would handle Win7 - thought it was droid?
-
HT wants an iPad or alternative as his laptop is dead now. I recommended the Asus Transformer and the RM slate but never used either so could use some help. What's the best kit to do a bit email/web/word processing etc? Will take on board all recommendations, but hands on recommendations would be great
-
Well my opinion is that your posts (and others) offended me, whether we're in the general chat, technical, or pub forum. That of course, is my opinion, that you have offended me, but if you have done so you are going to receive neg rep for it - after all, that's what the system is there for.
-
GPO for individual machines
Hightower replied to Hightower's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Gone with the security group method and seems to work well. Make the computer a member of the group and it allocates, take it out and it deallocates - just what I need EDIT: Also, by using this method I just need to link the GPO once at site level, whereas with OU's within OU's it would require a bit more work I feel. -
Have you seen my nose? You would probably (and wrongly) say it's that shape because I'd been fighting.
-
GPO for individual machines
Hightower replied to Hightower's topic in Network and Classroom Management
One idea I had was to allocate SIMS.net & SmartBoard software at site level, but change the delegation from Authenticated Users to Teaching Computers, and then add all the teaching computers to the Teaching Computers group. I know this should work, but is that best practice or is there another way that is more highly thought of? -
Our GPO structure looks like this, and it works well - all the software gets allocated to every machine in the ou just like you would expect. However, what would be the best way to allocate the likes of SIMS.net? If I add SOFTWARE SIMS.net to Art then every PC in art will get SIMS, whereas I just want it to be allocated to the teaching machines. Likewise with SmartBoard software. Any ideas?
-
May...... I may well have left work early yesterday, but if they are going to pull me up on it they better have evidence to back up their claims. It confirms your belief of a 'gossip country' just in this thread alone. So many people willing to make a judgement based on gossip.
-
Care to show me your source for that claim?
-
I fail to see your point. You've already judged him based on unknowns. You would feel hard done to if someone did the same with yourself.
-
That's a really judgemental comment, and one that is based on not a lot at all. I mean if you were best friends with him, then yes, you might just know that he probably had a drink, but seeing as though he wasn't in the news every week with a headline like "Dunn it again" I don't think you can draw those conclusions. Your username is wizzard, so human nature tells me you don't really exist - is that a fair comment?
-
New ISP - With Static IPs... Can anyone tell me subnet mask?
Hightower replied to BackCat3's topic in Wireless Networks
Surely the new ISP is the best place to get this? It could be 255.255.255.0, 255.255.0.0, 255.0.0.0 etc - drop them an email and surely they'll clarify it for you? -
when a knock off is bought from China, otherwise it'll (literally) cost you a kidney!
-
A good Christian boy like me?!
-
I was giving a table away on Freecycle on Friday, and I said I'd deliver it to the woman because I was passing anyway. I knocked at the wrong door and was met by what was seemingly a hippy ready to dispense something that may or may not have been legal. I quickly asked if it was him the table was for, but it wasn't. Looking for a hasty exit I couldn't believe it when he pulled an iPhone from his pocket and proceeded to give me directions! This may be me judging but this guy didn't look the kind to hold down employment of any kind (could be wrong), looked like he had a parcel for the next fella who knocked at his door, and had a room full of scallies getting merry on something that, again, may or may not have been legal. Coupled with the fact he lives in the worst part of town, (and I'm sorry for judging again) how can he afford an iPhone?! That was all that was going through my head! How?!
-
Don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot eh?
-
lamp
-
Yes, it's in options, advanced settings, keep skype in the taskbar when I'm signed in.
-
Will a 15w energy saving screw bulb fit
-
The issue I find with all-in-one machines is they can be a pain once the warranty has run out. For example, with our RM ones we have 3 year warranties, and now they have run out we are getting problems left, right, and centre. If a monitor fails it can be a pain to sort (and we've had a few fail recently)
