Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ellsandell

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
  • Posts

    391
  • Joined

Everything posted by ellsandell

  1. View from the office...
  2. Buses didn't turn in this morning - just the ones that live locally. Lots of snow mind!
  3. I have tried installing it on our test moodle site - seems to work well until the stuff you need to do in the Windows Live developer center as it didn't like our domain name so have had to get an exception rue created. SSO works well and I haven't tried the Onedrive stuff yet - i do have it installed.
  4. Coming in the near future, if I remember correctly it will be delivered through the store. Cortana only works on the English-us version I think.
  5. Makes alot of sense really, perfect way of appeasing Win 8 users/ convincing Windows 7 customers to make the jump...
  6. [h=1]Windows 10 to be free upgrade for Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 7 and 8.1 users in first year[/h] Windows 10 to be free upgrade for Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 7 and 8.1 users in first year - Neowin
  7. Getting internal server errors randomly. Below is the error in the event log. Any ideas? Cheers Elliot
  8. Moodle + Office 365: better together with new MS Open Tech open source plugins for education workflows - MS Open Tech Looks quite interesting for schools who run Moodle + Office 365.
  9. Not still available by-chance Dave?
  10. Hi Guys, Anyone else had Laptop skins made for their laptops, fancy sharing designs? We are having some made for a new set of laptops and we have a mockup from the company but we are in need of some inspiration... Elliot
  11. I'd be interested to hear what format you have it setup in? As in how have you it organised? Elliot
  12. Use the design your own option? Do the card in photoshop/ whatever and then upload the custom design? I have used Mooprint in the past.
  13. You need to change the local UPN to your external domain name (i.e. [email protected]).
  14. Not as far as I'm aware, you could try contacting a resseller/ maybe as the LEA?
  15. You have to request it via your microsoft license reseller, they will add it to the Volume License service center and then you use the online activation wizard to add it to the tennant.
  16. We were/are in the same boat as you. We opted for Smoothwall after a very lengthy price negotiation and managed to get it down compared to the original quotes we had.
  17. Back in on Monday. With a job list bigger than my arm.... Center parks in Penrith?
  18. As far as I am aware, using Dirsync you can only achieve a read only - 1 way sync to Office365/ Azure - it will not facilitate write back support. There is a newer Sync tool (named Azure AD Sync tool) which enables writeback support for password resets. However i haven't used that as of yet and I think it requires Azure AD Premium. New sync capabilities in preview: Password Write Back, New AAD Sync and Multi-forest support - Active Directory Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs A history of DirSync and the new Azure AD Sync Services tool | Kloud Blog
  19. That and the branding features.
  20. Excellent, I thought this would be the case just wanted to double check.
  21. We are looking at a Wildcard SSL (HAP+, Remote App etc) for our '.sch.uk' domain. However our actual AD domain is '.local', if we bought a wildcard SSL for our '.sch.uk' would this still protect the webserver etc which is on the '.local'. Also any companies that you might recommend?
  22. Sorry I meant reset back to factory settings?
  23. Have you tried resetting the router? Elliot
  24. If you're hosting a web server and only require Ports 80 and 443, you need to raise a Web Gateway Request. For anything else (including if you needed 80,443 AND other ports), you need to raise a Port Open Request. Can be done through the AskIT email address.
  25. Still not competitive with other companies though. I suppose they actually attempted to negotiate with us, when we stated we were considering moving, rather than just let is leave. Elliot
×
×
  • Create New...