Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

BFCIT

Members
  • Posts

    202
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BFCIT

  1. Thanks for all the replies! Some useful info above, obviously we take other steps to ensure the security and are looking into CCTV for the server room but its a good starting point knowing what other peoples opinions are on this subject area - Thanks!
  2. Hi all, Interested to learn whether all of you in private or public sector have signs on your server room door which advertise that it is indeed the server room? We currently have a sign that says "Server Room - No unauthorised access". I don't like the fact that this essentially advertising the location of our server room to potential thieves etc - is there any best practice guidance on this topic? How do you do it? Thanks
  3. Yes OWA is the direction I want to go in, I use that now and it meets all my needs, however there are a number of staff that utilise the 'mailto:' function in SIMS and this doesn't tie up with OWA - unless there is a way this can be achieved?
  4. My colleague has updated to Outlook 2016 but the issue persists, in doing so he also recreated his mail profile. Thanks for the tips none the less. Looks like we may have to push everyone towards OWA.
  5. We have had similar issues since the beginning of September - not all staff appear to be affected. http://www.edugeek.net/forums/cloud-services/188197-outlook-office-365-web-email-syncing-issues.html - I started this thread a few days ago but we are no closer to getting a fix, these two threads appear to be related - I wonder if this is something at Microsoft's side. We use a Sophos UTM - but on checking logs etc, nothing appears to be blocked and nothing has been changed - bizarre.
  6. Thanks Timbo - tried that no joy - I wonder if the problem is at Microsoft's side
  7. Hi all, Some of our staff use Outlook 2010 in school and when at home they use http://portal.office.com or equivalent to sign into their emails using OWA. We are noticing a number of staff complain about emails not syncing correctly between Outlook 2010 and Office365. All emails show on Office365 (owa) in the inbox but on Outlook 2010 desktop application they can be missing several emails that do show on OWA. Has anybody else experienced similar? Thanks in advance.
  8. AdMaster whilst that is true, if the users do not exist on AD then you are stuck with using a third party tool for any bulk operation. Prior to my arrival, I think the provisioning of some of our year group user accounts has been done via csv in gsuite so there google username details are different to their AD usernames...bizarre I know
  9. For anybody else experiencing this I have managed to solve using a google market place third party application called GPanel which allows bulk restoration of suspended users with a 14 day trial.
  10. Hi All, I have managed to suspend users belonging to two full year groups using Google Cloud Directory Sync, is anybody aware of an easy way to unsuspend all of these users? I have tried to use GAM to no avail and can't see an obvious way to do it in the G suite interface without unsuspending one at once Thank you.
  11. Hi All, Does anybody use Kaizena and link it to Google Classroom for teachers to be able to leave audio feedback? I am concerned about data protection especially with GDPR, any advice would be great. Thank you
  12. Hi all, Wondering whether any of you have seen this before...a number of our staff are having to login twice to both CPOMS and Email(office365). On CPOMS the first login attempt with correct credentials takes them straight back to the login page and then once they re-enter their credentials, the username field turns yellow and they are able to successfully login. On Office365, the first login with correct credentials takes them to a page that says 'sorry we cannot service this request' and then when they refresh and attempt to login again they are able to do so successfully. I am not sure if the two issues are related or totally isolated, we run windows 7 pro 64bit and users are experiencing this problem using Google Chrome. I look forward to any help you may be able to provide on this... Thanks,
  13. Did anybody have any success with this? We use Visual Studio Community 2015 and students are being asked to sign in with their office365 account, as far as I understand and can tell we have no official license for this product as it is free for student use. Does the 2015 community version always require this sign in or can we activate it with a free license so that students are not prompted? - similar to the above post we have exams where we disable internet access and this is going to cause some problems. Thanks
  14. Thank you for all of your responses. Still not 100% sure on the direction we should go in but definitely some food for thought, in particular the alumni option, its just how we ensure we meet safeguarding obligations.
  15. Hi all, Quick question, a member of staff has approached me asking if we can continue giving our year 11 and year 13 leavers access to their school gmail accounts after they have left for for a couple of months. Does anybody else do this? I can't see anything in the Google terms and conditions. Thank you.
  16. I would be looking at a number of college websites to see if they have their policy documentation online.
  17. hi guys, do we know if this is available for any other catering suppliers? We are with Emos-Infineer.
  18. We have used JP-UK for years. Friendly service usually next day delivery - can't fault them!
  19. Patrick - If you sign into your Office365 tenancy and then select 'admin centres' > 'Exchange'. On your Exchange dashboard click on 'groups' under the recipient heading. Once in groups click on the + symbol and select 'distribution group'. Microsoft try to make you create an Office365 group at this stage but on this page under the heading it says: 'To create a new distribution list, click here', click on this. From here you are able to create a new distribution list that can be used by your o365 users. I always add myself and my line manager as a'group owner' for contingency.
  20. Some other ideas: - Zipping files for easier attachment of multiple files - Effective searching of emails using search facility - Requesting read/delivery receipts - Changing personal picture - Disabling/Enabling Clutter - Managing/Using Outlook Collaborative groups
  21. staff aup and student aup
  22. We use Trustico https://www.trustico.co.uk/ - decent folk, always assisted and helped when I've had issues installing SSLs in the past - they have an online chat facility too which is good for troubleshooting/assistance and price queries.
  23. We use fresh desk - free online ticketing system. I use this to delegate work to our technician here and it works great. I think its only free for two-three users though https://freshdesk.com/ on the 'sprout' plan so no good if you have more than one technician to manage. I tend to use a pad too for the daily jobs and I have a large whiteboard for any longer term projects or events taking place in the future.
  24. Thanks Steve - didn't realise SmartInk impacted viewing websites. Definitely something for me to try. Cheers!
  25. Timbo343 - we have not been able to get to the bottom of it yet, we have one or two exceptions where show my homework worked fine on IE; for everybody else the website just would not load ie. it looked like it was attempting to connect to the website and then returned a blank page. The quickest solution was to put Chrome on every machine, something I intended to do anyway and this resolved the problem and the page loaded fine. Every computer/laptop is using IE11 Version - 11.0.9600.18426 which was rolled out centrally. It is possibly a configuration issue at our side, it would be interesting however to see if anybody else is having problems with Internet Explorer 11 and accessing SMHW. Perhaps its a flash/html5 issue.
×
×
  • Create New...