-
Posts
4,417 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Haptic
-
Hi All Quick bump on this one, the draw is taking place on Friday (if we're not too drunk)
-
@Neph Easy Groover No message received, re-send it'd be good to hear from you
-
Sadly UK Only, apologies to any overseas 'Geekers
-
Dagnabbit! Nice spot - Cheers!
-
Superb, all we need now is a crack-pot way to document the draw for the winner. We'll leave that down to you (brace brace brace)
-
Howdy one and all This one's really simple, click 'like' on our FaceBook page. We'll pick one lucky 'liker' on Dec 21st PC Spec Pentium DC E5500 3GB Ram 500GB HDD W7HP Shameless attempt at 'buying' friends? Yes, yes it is. Und? http://www.facebook.com/ComputerProductsLimited
-
One thing to be aware of is when you do implement a managed solution don't use TKIP as your encryption method- it will automatically limit connection to 25 clients per AP. A lot does depend on what managed solution you are going for, but generally ensure that you have the latest drivers for your wireless card loaded prior to deployment and check that power saving settings on devices aren't effecting networking components. Mark
-
It is indeed the number of Ethernet Ports (1 x 10/100/1000 on the 7341 Vs 1 x 10/100/1000 and 2 x 10/100 on the 7343). The 7343's are still available (though to my mind for the difference in price you'd be worth looking at a 7363 and gaining the benefits of dual band) but effectively unless you have a very specific requirement for using it as a switch in situ AND it being 2.4Ghz only then I would always recommend the 7341 to take advantage of the savings. Mark Ruckus WiSE Guy
-
Shall send you a PM on these. Mark
-
Out of interest Steve, what is putting you off considering Ruckus? 4500+ UK educational deployments and climbing... Thanks, Mark
-
Good afternoon Edugeekers, a little light reading for you all to brighten up your damp Monday afternoon: CCENT 3-stream_eval.pdf As you may well have noticed wireless networking isn't quite as simple as the traditional "is it B/G or N?" any more, for example the differentiation between a true dual band card and a 2.4Ghz only "N" card is significant, add to that the emergence and development of MIMO and it's clear that things are progressing on several levels.. Currently the 3x3 wireless Chipsets hitting the market are moving the goal posts in terms of potential throughput and number of connections- The attached independent review compares several of the market leaders Access Point offerings in a variety of scenarios, including some very pertinent to educational deployments (high user density, variable interference etc.) to show the comparative strengths of these solutions. If you'd like to discuss this further or would be interested in trialling the 7982 AP's then don't hesitate to contact your account manager or Mark Bartley Thanks, Mark
-
Crazy videos? Be careful what you wish for (50 yard stare) we've seen things man.
-
Yup, any 3 items from that list. I warned you 'twasn't sexy! Jimbo
-
I'm certain Mattx posts these things to pander to my sadistic side. I'd love to offer a genuinely shocking answer to your (honestly) superb question/observation, but I'll keep schtum. I hate being professional. Wolfman.
-
***Disclaimer - this giveaway is far from sexy....in fact it's really rather dull ******** Hello All. I'll keep this short (for those that have met me, I can hear your sniggers) between now and Jan 1st (subject to stock) every time you ratchet up a multiple of 3 items from the following: Projectors Projector Bulbs Projector trolley / Notebook Trolley We will send you a free projector screen, by this we mean PROPER screens. Not the flimsy blu-tack to your wall efforts. Something similar to this: We have mixed sizes to pick from 180x102cm wall screen 16:9 200x150cm wall screen 4:3 200x114cm wall screen 16:9 240x180cm wall screen 4:3 240x135cm wall screen 16:9 First come first serve, any enquiries are welcome at [email protected] alternatively if you have an account manager I'm sure they'll gladly take time away from their busy COD/Angry Birds/Kettle Dodging duties to answer your queries! Ta Jimbo
-
Hi Steve, Very much- Yes! We've got quite literally hundreds of sites running upwards of 60 concurrent connections per Ruckus AP, I've dropped you a PM to discuss further. Thanks, Mark
-
We have trial units of Windows 8 devices, please contact your account manager for availability. Note - please don't test them in the 'lovely little darlings' sense...we'd like them to come back in one piece! Joe 'Solo'
-
The book is easily the best I've read in the genre IMO The film looks like a bag of pony, more like an I am Legend prequel. Slow shufflers all the way, it's what made classic parts of the book like Yonkers so amazing. I don't mind your 'infected' or 'rage' Danny Boyle efforts, fine in their own right. I just wish they'd have followed the book's narrative. I doubt the mass audience would appreciate a film based mainly on interviews/witness accounts. I'll stick with TWD (PS DosBox have you read 'Day by day Armageddon' and 'Beyond Exile'? Two great Z Books penned by an guy who's ex-forces. Sloppy writing at times but superb insight into survival/combat techniques Joe 'Redeker'
-
New Wireless Network needed - Recommended Companies anyone?
Haptic replied to ess2k's topic in Wireless Networks
You are certainly looking at Ruckus at the right time- for the rest of 2012 Ruckus are offering some spectacular educational discounts offering cracking value: CP Ltd Ruckus Top Dog Edu Bundles We can also provide site surveys and demo hardware if you'd like to assess the product set. -
if you have spec info etc drop me a PM I might be in a position to buy.... Joe 'Tired of his creaky old DELL'
-
We've got some corkers in stock: Acer 5749 i3 2.2GHz 2330M cpu 8GB 750GB HDD Intel HD graphics W7HP £378 Ex VAT 'Mates rates' to 'Geekers. Joe 'Car Woes'
-
7962 Are superb AP's (dual band, 19-element smart antenna) surely they're giving a fair amount of coverage between 25 units? Sadly I can't vouch for the Aruba kit so I may be biased (reaches for Toms Hardware report) Joe
-
Hi Jobos, LocalZuk is kind of correct- version 9.3 is the latest and last update for the 1000 but the ZD1000 it is still supported as follows: Last Day for Advanced Replacement: August 31, 2013 Last Day to Repair or Replace: August 31, 2016 It'd be worth considering taking advantage of some of the current trade-in offers on the ZD1000 to upgrade to the ZD1100 to ensure access to the latest features (e.g. client fingerprinting, support for the 7982 3x3:3 AP's etc). Thanks, Mark
-
Just to clarify these details are for CP Ltd Ruckus Support customers only, if you are currently outside of support cover; don't hesitate to get in touch, we can get you up to date straight away. Thanks, Mark
-
Hi Jamin, I've PM'd Thanks
