Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ADMaster

Members
  • Posts

    1,402
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ADMaster

  1. Powershell makes fixing the trust relationship much easier then it used to be. Log on as a local admin account and run these 3 lines. $cred = Get-Credential Reset-ComputerMachinePassword -Server dchostname -Credential $cred Restart-Computer
  2. Mine is 2004 as well. I did not set it up but I think it started on 2003, I've taken it through 2003-2012 r2.
  3. @localzuk Can you revert to the backup taken around 20:53 UTC 2016-11-12? I tried an RF tools shield for a wither, it escaped and wrecked the landscape. Thanks,
  4. Educational games are allowed, games are not. However the sites.google.com variants get through. You have to SSL inspect to catch those. SSL inspection on google sites prevents sudents creating their portfolios on google sites. We have mostly chromebooks so I've put the various sites.google.com/ unblocked games xyz in the chrome admin console url black list. I reminded them that this was whack a mole and that it was a behavior issue, not tech. I have an Iboss web filter.
  5. Chisel works great after the update @mikeglover and I made a lot of progress on the factory today. I've not found anything new broken, but I spent most of my time building. If anyone has mob heads we need an enderman and skeleton to make a soul binder.
  6. Well I've got far in the game the last few days. For the record that is the Scepter from Cyclic I'll have to test it in single player after the update. I've found a nether fortress -2704 -2480 Finally captured a ghast so I have creative flight. Found the end a killed the dragon. 815 1363 If you can't fly you need to take a way to build steps or ladder, I just dug down. Mike, now that we have end stone I setup the resource minder. Now we just need to wait on the update to continue building.
  7. Sorry I think I crashed it.
  8. I downloaded the latest beta 1.2.1 in single player and chisel is fixed, no idea if there are other issues though.
  9. Thank you, I will take a look at bonding / NIC teaming in the near future.
  10. I got connected with the release version, since we were on beta, I was trying with the latest beta.
  11. What version are we on? There has been 2 releases days apart, and my internet was down yesterday grr. I've tried a couple different ones and get incompatible mod list.
  12. Chrome 54.0.2840.71 fixed this issue.
  13. Hello, I've added a 2016 node to my hyper-v cluster for testing and needed to revisit the networking configuration. I have 3 NICs in use called LAN, LANMGT and Storage The LAN has the allow operating system to share un-checked and LANMGT has it checked. I have no VMs on LANMGT it is the management interface. I have removed it has a virtual switch, I've tested live migrating a couple VMs back and forth and they seam OK. Is it recommended to be in a virtual switch or not, I can't seam to find documentation one way or the other? Thank you,
  14. That's granite but yes it is a lot of resources.
  15. The factory is under construction, but after looking at the pictures again, I need to add a few indentations and curves.
  16. I have a few suggestions for the low FPS. 1. This pack recommends allocating 4GB to the game. 2. If your on Windows 10 turn off Game DVR. 3. This was for nvidia but... Get the graphics drivers direct, not microsoft and not auto detect your model.
  17. I'm sure I said this in game, but for some reason I was able to break your graves. I put most of your stuff in chests. I may have mixed up some of Mikes and Geoffs stuff so look in either place.
  18. What is a good range weapon? The crossbow is not in this pack.
  19. I've got Mekanism going in the building next to the smeltry powered by wind. Its far enough along to make jet packs, that should make @Geoff 's nether island easier to manage.
  20. I'm using the old FTB launcher just fine. We have found a village south of spawn -175 275 with plenty of plains around it for building. Mike has setup a tinkers smeltery but we are still missing aluminum to make the casts. I have copper in one of my chests for the brass. I've started a bit of Power gen and Mekanism. Just a generator, crusher and furnace from extra utilities and the infuser from Mekanism. I think I've found a bug in the JEI recipe interface, unless I've a setting messed up. When trying to look up the recipe for a Mekanism machine it shows me the recipes that machine accepts, not how to make the machine.
  21. I upgraded this VM just fine, it was only running IPAM. I'll have to make plenty of backups and plans for major production servers like Hyper-V and sccm.
  22. I've found a few quirks with the upgrade process, and want clarification before I proceed. This VM is currently running 2012 R2 Standard. I chose the Server 2016 standard option when attempting an upgrade. The in place upgrade was grayed out because it thinks I am installing a different edition then what is currently installed. I went back and selected datacenter and I was able to choose keep my files and settings. However I got a warning that in place upgrade is not recommended, see attached. I thought MS was trying to improve and push for in place upgrades. Now this is just a test VM and I have a check point so no worries here, but what is the recommended path for production servers. The server with the most configuration work is my SCCM / SQL I just don't have the hardware to stand up a new one and migrate. Is this just a standard disclaimer from MS or what is the recommend path for various roles? I'm interested in the new features of Hyper-v and SCVMM but SCVMM 2016 requires server 2016. Thank you,
  23. That is one of the 1.10 packs I was looking at.
  24. There are a couple directions I think we could go. 1. Find a light pack to allow those with not so beefy hardware or prefer vanilla to play. 2. Find an updated pack on 1.10 In the past I played a bit with byte size, gives a taste to modded minecraft, but not too overwhelming. I've done some looking and think there are 5 stable packs and 2 unstable on 1.10, A pack that fits both Light weight and 1.10 is Lightly Salted on the AT Launcher. I've not had a go at it yet but may download it today. I know there are some that want vanilla, that's why I'm looking at a light pack as a compromise. I tried 1.10 vanilla and quickly missed NEI WAILA and an map. I'm all for either a group effort or individual friendly bases. I don't want to do a PVP. EDIT: Just went to install Lightly salted and it said RC and warned me about being in alpha.
  25. Chrome 54 will not launch with SRP deployed. The comments suggest only if certificate enforcement is enabled. https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=655788 I ran into this yesterday, my enterprise / Education clients with Applocker are working fine, my older machines still on Pro and SRP had this issue. I'm holding the Pro clients at 53. Thanks,
×
×
  • Create New...