Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ADMaster

Members
  • Posts

    1,402
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ADMaster

  1. check the ports the APs are plugged into. I have cisco so slightly different, but all my APs are on trunk ports. I'd also put an access port on a wifi vlan and plug in a pc just to see if it communicates as it should. I hope that gets you in the right direction.
  2. yes, but what other option is there? I'd like to think it is no different then before, they are just really discouraging flash use. There should not be any plugins there but what you install anyway. Since the start of term I also have to white list sites in the admin console that I want to allow flash. very annoying, needed to add 3 so far.
  3. Powershell has an import csv function combined with the get-aduser cmdlet and a foreach loop, job done. There is also wisesoft bulk ad users, you can import a csv with it too.
  4. I'm reading that as your trying to export the layout of an upgraded machine... First make sure you are running powershell as an administrator. If that doesn't work create and export your layout on a fresh install.
  5. I do not deploy the feature upgrades directly. I create an upgrade TS and have it run these steps during the upgrade. It allows me to keep all my branding, customization,remove apps and anything else that needs done.
  6. I'm making progress. I reverted it back to layer 2 I added the allowed vlans but got native vlan mismatch again I retyped the command for the native vlan that removed the mgt vlan from allowed, this fixed the mismatch. at some point perhaps the switching back to L2 my port configs were wrong. I retyped those to get correct vlans. Now I have a PC and a phone connected getting the correct IP / Vlan and work. However I cannot access the MGT interface from my PC and server vlans. The next step is to get this on snmp monitoring and config backups. EDIT: yep obvious rookie mistake. Just combing though the config of a working switch and I didn't set the default gateway. Thanks for all your help.
  7. As far as Google goes, there is an option to specify allowed domains for sharing. https://support.google.com/a/answer/60781?hl=en (second one allow white listed domains) Also could one of the schools setup an LMS like Moodle or schoology.
  8. There is a known bug. The user is added to the group anyway, it just reports a failure. Google said it would be addressed in the next update. In my case it is the classroom teachers group, all others seam to be fine.
  9. Ok I have disabled the macros and set the allowed vlans but then I got vlan mismatch. This is an edge switch should I keep it on L2 or L3? Is the dhpc relay needed? Why are all the client ports set to trunk? Why is native vlan for management bad / security issue? On my other switches I do not have any allow vlan statement all vlans are allowed My device ports are set to access the only ip on my edge switches is the management vlan IP the ip-helper command is set on the vlan interface on the core switch / router. I'll try all of your configs tomorrow in full but just wondering about some of them. Thanks,
  10. It should use the DCs dhcp server, what does the wired network use. run ipconfig /all and compare results between wired and wireless. also run ipconfig /flushdns before you try pinging the DC by name as it may have been cached from the wired connection. The only difference you should have is the last octet, if I've read your setup correctly.
  11. bump anyone?
  12. I've not seen that issue, I'll specifically try edge when I'm in tomorrow. What version of lanschool are you running. Do you have any website blocking setup in lanschool?
  13. If a gpupdate /force fails on wifi but not ethernet I'd run standard connectivity tests. Is wifi on different vlan / subnet? Can you ping the DC by name and IP? Is windows firewall in the way, ie. does the machine think wifi is a public network or something?
  14. This is written off the top of my head with no syntax checking, and I'm not at work to test. $users = get-aduser -filter * -searchbase "ou=users,dc=domain,dc=local" foreach ($user in $users){ $user = get-aduser $user -properties mail,upn if ($user.upn -ne $user.mail){ set-aduser -identity $user -mail $user.upn }} I think upn may be spelled out but this should give you an idea to get close to the goal. Also I think wisesoft bulk adusers can use variables to do this as well.
  15. OK I have a new switch to extend our network to another site. I just told the supplier I needed a managed switch out there and I preferred cisco. That was probably a mistake but hopefully you folks can help me make it work. I'm trying to get it configured here in the office before I take it to the other site and I'm not getting my head around its configs. It doesn't appear to be running ios but accepts most ios commands I've tried. On my other switches I'd run this int vl 10 set ip address no shutdown uplink interface switchport mode trunk switchport trunk native vlan 10 access ports switchport mode access switchport access vlan 20 when I run sh run int gi10 (uplink interface) it shows my native vlan command but not the trunk mode command. However when I go into the web interface it says it is trunk. All of my ports in the web interface say excluded. There are four options, excluded, tagged, untagged, and forbidden. Do I need to tag or untag these. The commands listed above is what I've always used. The other end of the link is configured like all of my other uplinks From within the management vlan 10 I can ping other switches. my core switch can ping the new one and the new one can ping the core. it just isn't communicating with other vlans. I'm probably missing something simple. The majority of my network is 2960S so that is what I'm used to configuring. Thank you,
  16. I've just noticed a problem with this setup. If I push this out via pdq the script will just report success weather the app is installed or not. Because it reports the exit code of the script. However I've just added it to my TS and I specified product code and version in the success conditions. If I run this on an admin PC that is not in my csv or later have the AD attribute set, the script will succeed but fail the TS. I see I can use a script to determine success. Does it have access to the application files. Can I import the csv and use the same logic? Or perhaps the simplest would be to put it in an install step of its own and continue on error? Thanks,
  17. I thought of querying AD but of course used the get-adcomputer cmdlet which would not be available on all workstations. I was thinking of using it to set channel by OU for student computers. I will test this method to see if the script will have permission to search AD from the client workstation. Thanks,
  18. I have made progress on my own scripts for this. They worked to a few test machines in PDQ so I'll move them to SCCM next. I have two naming schemes; student machines are building prefix RM room number computer number. Teachers are building prefix username year of laptop issue ES-RM100-01 ES-jblogs-17 I used the switch statement with wildcard for the student install. If my logic works out the way i expect. If a room is identified with a channel it will get the channel, otherwise it will get a default channel for that building. If it doesn't match any then lanschool does not get installed. Teachers were different because they are based off their name. I created a spreadsheet in sheets with two columns. Name and Chan. I then download it as CSV. I loop through the CSV and assign the channel to the computer name if found. If the channel is blank, or the computer is not found lanschool is not installed. I have two main TS's in SCCM Teacher and Student. I think I can add the appropriate application to the TS and it will install to only the computers that should have it. If I reimage an admin PC with the Teacher TS they will not get lanschool because they are not in the file. I can see getting bit by this in a years time or so when we get new staff and I forget to update the csv, but other then that this seams to be the best method. Attached are my scripts, of course the LCSIP and room numbers have been changed. Thanks, lanschool.zip
  19. Thanks for the ideas all. I'm going to start out with the SCCM deployment types method. However I think I'd like to go down the powershell script route when I have more time to write and test. Simply because it would be one place to update the msi details instead of every deployment type I will have. Unless there is a quick way of doing that. Thanks,
  20. Again not the answer, but I have all my TS put them in an new build OU and I move them after their done. If it is a reimage it keeps it in place. I also have the OSDComputerName prompt, so I can name it and know where to move it to when done. Its not a big deal for me to just select the group and move them.
  21. Probably because it's late on a Friday, sounds like a good excuse yeah. I forgot about them having a GPO option, at one point the admx files were bugged and I had to edit them myself. Also that would be several GPOs with just one setting. It has me thinking though I wonder if I could set the same thing via GPP registry and use item level targeting.
  22. I'm not sure where to put this, I'm just putting out ideas trying to figure out the best method. I have lanschool it operates on channels. Each classroom / teacher combination is on their own channel. I can specify the channel during install on the command line, log into the console and set channel afterwords, or use a program called set channel and pass the channel on the command line. At one point I deployed it via SCCM as part of OSD and just set the channel later. Now I use pdq and adjust the command line parameters each time, or if I forget I then push setchannel with the correction. When I need to reimage a PC I'll often get a call a few days later that it needs lanschool. I'd like to make it part of OSD but either prompt for, or get the channel from a preset property / variable. The only idea I have atm is create multiple copies of the application each with the correct command line arguments. Then deploy to the correct computers via collections. This would get picked up after OSD which is fine. Any ideas / suggestions or am I asking too much.
  23. I've only ever owned Samsung phones, so I cannot really compare. I do use the google apps over the Samsung ones too. The clock for example, with the Google one I can snooze with the volume button, not so with the Samsung.
  24. If they are suspended with GCDS, GCDS will un suspend them. If I disable a user account in AD it will be suspended when I run a sync. If I then enable the account the next sync will un suspend the user.
  25. OK Here are some of the specs I have an HP ProLiant DL360 Gen9 32 GB ram so I don't think that is the bottle neck. I get the analogy about the motorway but the server should still report 2G. half the clients should get 1G and the other half get the other 1G connection. I'll try and keep an eye on the SNMP monitoring but those were the last 2 suites to be imaged before term starts. SNMP shows almost 1G on one link a little bit of traffic on the second link almost 1G on the team and 1G on the vlan interface. Here are some screenshots of my NIC team.
×
×
  • Create New...