-
Posts
2,232 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Primus
-
You can buy licences from any provider, you don't have to go back to one you've previously used.
-
I'm not seeing that here either for https://www.getech.co.uk/ or https://www.getech.co.uk/edu/
-
Getech or C-Learning. Our last purchase of licences was at £24 ex VAT per licence.
-
I'm not convinced. I know a while ago they proposed looking at finances and may have even run a trial but I don't think it went ahead. They do look at how things like PP are spent. You simply don't have the expertise within Ofsted to start examining strategic IT decisions that are being made. The current relationship between schools and Ofsted is toxic, adding more areas where a school could be tripped up is not going to improve that.
-
I think you're expecting way too much of Ofsted here. It would also further toxify the relationship between Ofsted and schools.
-
Clunky, underdeveloped and in need of modernisation.
-
Senior ICT Consultant - Milton Keynes - £28,000 - £32,000
Primus replied to TIOHR's topic in Educational IT Jobs
I think you mean Junior ICT Consultant given that salary?- 4 replies
-
- 3
-
-
-
- education it
- milton keynes
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
We're with Salamander, I'm not aware of any issues.
-
It's time to give it up, you're shooting yourself in the foot with these posts.
-
That's not good as those weren't cheap to begin with.
-
Handwriting fonts such as LetterJoin
Primus replied to Alis_Klar's topic in ChromeOS & Cloud Based OS
Google launched country specific handwriting fonts a bit over a year ago and then recently updated them further which was announced at BETT: https://fonts.google.com/?query=playwrite+england- 2 replies
-
- 2
-
-
- letterjoin
- chromeos
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Esports Local Authourity Filtering and Firewall issues
Primus replied to PotNoodleTech's topic in Esports
I'm surprised that many schools are still using an LA connection to be honest. -
As an additional Google Service Users without a Education Standard or Education Plus or a Gemini for Google Workspace license are subject to the Google Terms of Service and the Additional Product Terms when they use the Gemini app. However, their chats won't be reviewed by human reviewers or otherwise used to improve generative AI models.
-
We compared it to BoxPhish when we were procuring and found it was more user-friendly, more tailored to UK education and felt to us the clear superior product. Support are really good too and product suggestions actually end up being actioned.
-
They are really good - I'd definitely say worth the money.
-
Just for the phishing simulations we're paying £249 a year for a primary and £349 a year for a secondary.
-
They're owned by Wonde. The services we use from them like the phishing simulations and the CPD tracking definitely aren't free.
-
We use them, they're really good, would definitely recommend.
-
I dunno, it was an inexpensive device that was released in 2015 - everything has a limit, schools are just used to pushing the limit to and beyond breaking point. At least Google tell you upfront what the lifetime of the device is and when support ends and if anything they've been increasing the time between a device launching and it going end of life.
-
Windows 11 School Devices Wifi - Unable to Connect to this network
Primus replied to Theldron's topic in Windows 11
Have you checked it's not on by default? -
Windows 11 School Devices Wifi - Unable to Connect to this network
Primus replied to Theldron's topic in Windows 11
Is this due to credential guard? -
Yeah, we've used both, PM me if you want an email contact at either.
