Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

powdarrmonkey

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    5,017
  • Joined

Everything posted by powdarrmonkey

  1. I have a funny sense of deja vu... String comparison (wrong): if ($shirtquanity=='0') Numerical comparision (improvement): if ($shirtquanity==0) Numerical comparison, without trusting the user input (good): define('MAX_ORDER_QUANTITY', 50); if ( is_numeric($shirtquanity) && $shirtquanity > 0 && $shirtquanity < MAX_ORDER_QUANTITY) { // fulfill order } else { // tell the user } Never, ever ever ever trust user input. Just because you've supplied a dropdown in the user agent, that doesn't me injecting values you weren't expecting (like a negative number, or worse a SQL injection attack). Your form is only a hint to the user agent.
  2. 1) You're comparing strings like numbers 2) what if $shirtquanity (sic) is negative?
  3. Insight, with OGC pricing and free NBD delivery. edit: Oh, oops, I didn't realise you wanted compatibles. They'll do both, but I've never had compats from them.
  4. This is not a technology problem.
  5. Both Google and PayPal have non-profit rates, but you have to be a registered charity IIRC.
  6. 2008 just called, they want their thread back...
  7. I got a Bigtrak for my birthday the other week ^_^
  8. Just remember that whatever was in the image will now be on the other laptop, which might have privacy implications.
  9. Too late, the machine's been sealed already.
  10. To be fair I've done it plenty of times before... I just don't want it to break something *this* time and get the blame
  11. If all you did was sysprep the machine as it was, it should all be there when you finish mini-setup (although you'll have to activate it again, probably not automatically). disclaimer: "should" is not "will".
  12. DHCP has always been the Achilles heel of Windows Server.
  13. About 18 months, IIRC. You: - create or import the shortcuts - import the associated packages, and associate them - choose to deploy to specified users on specified machines (by OU, group, individual object or a combination of these) - make coffee Yes. OU/group memberships are calculated at logon. If you change the members of an OU in Active Directory, the resulting shortcut/printer/wallpaper settings are applied at next logon.
  14. Every two years, reimbursed.
  15. It has to be done sometime, not necessarily soon. The consequence of not doing is that as IPv6-only resources begin to appear, you'll be cut off from them.
  16. Incidentally, CSE has the same server-client multicast model, so it's six of one...
  17. I used them both for considerable time each. CSE is a variety of hacked-together outfits that they have bought out; the management section crashed for no reason at times, and memory usage is silly - although to be fair to it, it stood us in good stead. BCX is like a breath of fresh air though: it does have occasional bugs, but as we were a beta school we ironed most of them out with the developers, and as a result it's more reliable, slimmer and does what we want without the trimmings. The one part of CSE we've kept is Recovery Manager; that's saved many a girl from disaster.
  18. I'm quite happy to advise at arms length, but under no circumstances would I touch a machine not wholly owned by the school.
  19. We have no problems at all with BCX (it's many, many times better than CSE IME). We use Prism Pack with it, and deploy applications, shortcuts, printers and wallpapers. You're welcome to visit and see it in action.
  20. You can run IPv6 and IPv4 along side each other in dual-stack mode for exactly this reason.
  21. Not a number I'd want to associate myself with, but hey...
  22. Flash and accessibility Flash and (in)security Flash and deploying updates in a sane way Where Flash fits into a HTML5 ecosystem Flash and free software (gnash springs to mind)
  23. When I requested an individual questionnaire it matched postcodes.
  24. And you thought asking here was a better idea?!
×
×
  • Create New...