-
Posts
640 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by jaminben
-
Is it me or is it stupid slow loading?
-
I've posted this here as it explains my issue exactly but I'm aware the OP is targeted at Win 7 / Server 2003. I'm having the same issue but with roaming Windows 8.1 profiles and Server 2008 R2. I've found that ntuser.pol read attribute is set to true and if I manually set it to false the error goes away until the next time the user logs in then the read attribute resets to true again... and I'm back to square one. I have thought about running a script to force the read attribute to false but I don't really want to go down that route. Anyone got any ideas?
-
We got a couple now... installed our image and its on the domain no probs. Works fine for Office, browsing, research etc.... keyboard is pretty pants but not had any issues with the wireless (logins are quicker than our older Windows 7 machines). As a cheap research device they are ideal.
-
Because the test users already had data in the redirected folder it just worked (no initial setup needed).
-
Did you have any luck? I think as their aware of the issue it should be fixed pretty quickly. EDIT: I changed our test GP from: ${documents}\Google\Google Chrome\ to ${documents}\Google\Google Chrome And its working again.
-
I've downloaded the ADMX file again and it's still listed as version 1.0 still.... I can't see anywhere in the GPO 'Disable Chrome Updates', can you tell me what the option is called please? Do you also use 'Disable Synchronisation of Google Data'?
-
Ok, I'll try that.
-
Ours doesn't have a process to kill... but we do get an error in event viewer. Have you tried getting a more recent ADMX file?
-
Looks like your at about the same stage as me... I tried deleting profile data, changing path to ${roaming_app_data}\Google\Chrome\ etc and nothings working ATM. Will have to take another look tomorrow.
-
Hi, Anyone using Google Chrome version 41 and having issues with the GPO setting 'Set user data directory'? I've updated a few machines today and now when executing Chrome they just still and do nothing.... looking in event viewer I see the below error: Faulting application name: chrome.exe, version: 41.0.2272.87, time stamp: 0x54f95f94 Faulting module name: chrome.dll, version: 41.0.2272.87, time stamp: 0x54f959a9 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x000000000005a2de Faulting process id: 0xecc Faulting application start time: 0x01d05a7a525d44fb Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\41.0.2272.87\chrome.dll Report Id: 9028cf1f-c66d-11e4-8261-70f3957f13ca Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID: If I remove the setting from GPO everything works as expected but moving from machine to machine I loose saved settings. Thanks Ben
-
Hi, We have a few Windows 8.1 tablets and use roaming profiles for staff, we also specify how the start screen looks via GPO. This all works until I enable AppData Folder Redirection... for some reason I no longer see the file browser or IE icon in the start screen (all the other icons still appear). Anyone else seen this and know how to fix it? Thanks Ben
-
Windows Linx Tablet - Viable alternative to netbook?
jaminben replied to penfold's topic in General Chat
What I did with ours was to use the PowerShell command from above to extract the drivers, imported these into MDT 2013 and created a new .wim. Once I had my .wim I then copied this to a bootable USB drive and installed Windows 8.1. All appears to be working fine at the moment. -
Yes, also looking forward to it... it's a little way off yet tho
-
Hi, We're being plagued by 15-20mins of high memory usage when a user logs in first thing in the morning which basically locks the machine up. I've traced the issue down to the service wuauserv.exe which is running in a svchost.exe, it's only affecting machines with 2Gb of ram and its only started to happen this last month so I'm thinking a previous update may have corrupted or broken something (we use SCCM 2012 R2 to push updates out to clients). I seem to remember seeing something about an update breaking something during the first part of 2015 but can't find it now. Anyway, this thread explains our situation exactly and has a solution but before I start changing things around I thought I'd ask here to see if any edu-geekers have a better solution or know if a recent update has broken something. Thanks Ben
-
That's just scandalous... I can see this going on till next holiday season.
-
Thanks, now I'm addicted
-
I'm currently enjoying it but it took awhile for me to get into it... once you start to get better skills / weapons it opens up more.
-
Ooh...Oddworld: New N' Tasty. Wasn't expect that, classic game. Will have to give it a go again.
-
We've just got 64 Dell Venue 11 Pro's with detachable keyboards and our user's love them... so much quicker than our ageing laptops. Not had any issue's other than the initial roll out of Windows 8.1 but that was more of a technical problem than a hardware or user issue.
-
I thought it was Massively Multiplayer Online.
-
Gah... that's the worst news Yet another delay.
