Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Ryan

Members
  • Posts

    559
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ryan

  1. http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1412/1283861272_54971c9653_m.jpg I've been watching these for a while and thought i'd share for those who haven't had the pleasure. Yahtzee is a British bloke currently living in Australia, and he does game reviews. Very fast. And very funny. I have provided them newest first. Feel free to watch them all. I'll try to remember to update this as new ones appear. I suggest watching a couple of the very first ones though, to get the idea. Disclaimer: Perhaps not safe for work, due to risque phrases. Don't watch if you're easily offended, or if you have no sense of humour. 40.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Painkiller: A retrospective 39.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: GTA IV 38.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: God of War: Chains of Olympus 37.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Super Smash Bros. Brawl 36.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Condemned 2: Bloodshot 35.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: No More Heroes 34.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Army of Two 33.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Zack & Wiki 32.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Turok 31.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Burnout: Paradise 30.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Devil May Cry 4 29.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune 28.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Yahtzee Goes to GDC 27.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation Alert: Yahtzee Goes to GDC 26.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Sim City Societies 25.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Call of Duty 4 24.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles 23.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: The Witcher 22.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Crysis 21.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Silent Hill Origins 20.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Super Mario Galaxy 19.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Mass Effect 18.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Guitar Hero III 17.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Assassin's Creed 16.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate 15.The Escapist : Yahtzee Visits Valve, a Travelogue 14.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Clive Barker's Jericho 13.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Zelda Phantom Hourglass 12.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: MOH Airborne 11.The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Super Paper Mario 10. The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: The Orange Box 09. The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Tabula Rasa 08. The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Halo 3 07. The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Peggle 06. The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Manhunt 05. The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Tomb Raider Anniversary 04. The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: BioShock 03. The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Console Rundown 02. The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Psychonauts 01. The Escapist : Zero Punctuation: Heavenly Sword and Other Stuff
  2. Quick question for those in the know: We're currently using roaming profiles, and files are left on the local machine when users log off (default behaviour). We've seen occasional problems with server files not being used and local ones overriding, causing untold woes and confusion. If i deleted the local profile on log off (using delprof or similar), will it alleviate the issue? I can see log ons taking MUCH longer for a full copy on every log on, and the local cache is a nice fail-over should something go wrong. Just looking for any horror stories or tips should i have a try at implementing this. Or is this simply a stronger case for using mandatory profiles? Ta
  3. New teaser trailer, showcasing the character customisation options in the game, as well as some more cool gameplay footage. Looks an absolute hoot!
  4. God yeah, i remember that! Wonder which came first?
  5. lol! 'Thanks' is disabled on here because they're for solutions to problems or something and are searchable. Supposed to use rep in here apparently (just added to yours for those!)
  6. Nnnngh, dunno. I like a bit of cohesion in my stand-up - he's just one-liner after one-liner. I love how Billy Connelly tells stories, goes off on tangents, comes back, thinks of something else, etc. Maybe Mr. Vine missed his calling as a member of the Fast Show 'So that was nice..'
  7. Redirection help would be useful. I have tried to implement this before and was forced to do a monster u-turn as offline files decided to rear its ugly head and screw things up
  8. Ryan

    GTA IV

    Dear god, every bit of me wants to go to town on that comment. But i won't. 'cos i'll get banned. So i'll shoosh
  9. Ryan

    GTA IV

    Obviously Grand Theft Auto's fault.
  10. Not sure i follow. What exactly is it you want to do with the MP3s?
  11. Ryan

    GTA IV

    Have a quick shufty through this review. Sounds pant-moisteningly good. Some quotes from it: Did i mention they gave it straight 10s?
  12. I want to switch to mandatory profiles over summer, so this is very useful.
  13. Ryan

    GTA IV

    Me too now. Both feature 'actors' and 'stuff happening'. Must be that. It's moments like that when one develops a chronic onset of and you have to phone in sick...
  14. Ryan

    GTA IV

    Strange, 'cos he's paraphrasing Fight Club
  15. Ryan

    GTA IV

    Yeah, but i'd only get half the machine It's my opinion, and i'm sticking to it! *puts on flame-retardant undies*
  16. Fine here on Firefox 2.0.0.14 through ISA 2006. Looks like they've updated it ...
  17. Ryan

    GTA IV

    Nothing's been mentioned by any company regarding a PC port. I do hope we get one in 6 months time, as per last few GTA games. The PC versions are so much better. Mouse and keyboard control for on foot, PlayStation pad for when in vehicles, moddable, editable, better looking (HW dependant obviously) Please please please Rockstar...
  18. Ryan

    GTA IV

    IGN gave this straight 10s, very rare. Finally a game worth buying a PS3 for! *saves up furiously*
  19. hehehe
  20. Ryan

    useful link

    Missus uses that site a lot for money off codes for online web shops. Helps the old bank balance out a bit! When shopping for something, check on there for deals before ordering. Worth a bookmark folks!
  21. Just me 60 desktops 6 laptops 10 IWBs 40 printers 3 servers 140 users (staff & pupils) website phone system + anything from PlayStations to mobile phones to MP3 players
  22. In a pickle? Need a one-liner to raise the mood? Apparently credited to a Mr. Tommy Cooper... some of you may remember him. ------------------------------ Two Aerials meet on a roof - fall in love - get married The ceremony was rubbish but the reception was brilliant. ------------------------------ Man goes to the docs, with a strawberry growing out of his head. Doc says, 'I'll give you some cream to put on it.' ------------------------------ 'Doc, I can't stop singing the green green grass of home.' 'That sounds like Tom Jones syndrome.' 'Is it common?' 'It's not unusual.' ------------------------------ A man takes his Rottweiler to the vet. 'My dog's cross-eyed, is there anything you can do for him?' 'Well,' says the vet, 'let's have a look at him' So he picks the dog up and examines his eyes, then checks his teeth. Finally, he says, 'I'm going to have to put him down.' 'What? Because he's cross-eyed? ' 'No, because he's really heavy' ------------------------------ 'Doctor, I can't pronounce my F's, T's and H's.' 'Well you can't say fairer than that then' ------------------------------ So I rang up my local swimming baths. I said 'Is that the local swimming baths?' He said 'It depends where you're calling from.' ------------------------------ So I rang up a local building firm, I said 'I want a skip outside my house.' He said 'I'm not stopping you.' ------------------------------ So I was in my car, and I was driving along, and my boss rang up, and he said 'You've been promoted.' And I swerved. And then he rang up a second time and said 'You've been promoted again.' And I swerved again. He rang up a third time and said 'You're managing director.' And I went into a tree. And a policeman came up and said 'What happened to you?' And I said 'I careered off the road.' ------------------------------ Now, most dentists' chairs go up and down, don't they? The one I was in went back and forwards. I thought 'This is unusual'. And the dentist said to me 'Mr. Cooper, get out of the filing cabinet.' ------------------------------ So I was getting into my car, and this bloke says to me 'Can you give me a lift?' I said 'Sure, you look great, the world's your oyster, go for it.' ------------------------------ Two cannibals eating a clown. One says to the other 'Does this taste funny to you?' ------------------------------ Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, and the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off. ------------------------------ You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen; it said 'Parking Fine.' So that was nice. ------------------------------ A man walked into the doctors, he said 'I've hurt my arm in several places' The doctor said, 'well don't go to those places' ------------------------------ I had a ploughman's lunch the other day. He wasn't very happy. ------------------------------ I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any. ------------------------------ I bought some HP sauce the other day. It's costing me 6p a month for the next 2 years. ------------------------------ Two blondes walk into a building..........you'd think at least one of them would have seen it. ------------------------------ I went to the butchers the other day and I bet him 50 quid that he couldn't reach the meat off the top shelf. He said, 'No, the steaks are too high.' ------------------------------ My friend drowned in a bowl of muesli. A strong currant pulled him in. ------------------------------ A man came round in hospital after a serious accident. He shouted, 'Doctor, doctor, I can't feel my legs!' The doctor replied, 'I know you can't, I've cut your arms off'. ------------------------------ I went to a seafood disco last week...and pulled a mussel. ------------------------------ Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly. They lit a fire in the craft, it sank, proving once and for all that you can't have your kayak and heat it. ------------------------------ Our ice cream man was found lying on the floor of his van covered with hundreds and thousands. Police say that he topped himself. ------------------------------
  23. Then try this: Start > Run net stop rxWriterSvc then net start rxWriterSvc We have an issue with BackupExec chewing up memory and forces IIS and a few other services to throw a hissy fit. Lemme know if this sorts it.
  24. SimCity Societies? Gah. Hope you didn't pay too much for it. Have read everywhere that it smells like old man smell, and it's a "Sim" game in name only.
  25. @coop - Do you use BackupExec by any chance?
×
×
  • Create New...