clockend25
Members-
Posts
795 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by clockend25
-
First thought was.... http://www.golem.de/0501/35744-lifebook-artikel.jpg ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!
-
Are laptops the bane of your life too?
clockend25 replied to tj2419's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
We only have one trolley of 30 which we put into our Maths faculty at the beginning of the last school year and they've made really good use of them ever since. Performance hasn't been an issue but I'd say just short of half of them now have keys missing, and I worry that they're going to struggle to last the time we need them to. Initial plan was three years, but given current restraints that might have to be lengthened, so it could get a bit tasty in a year or so. -
We've got one of these beasts: Buy Dyson DC34 Handheld Vacuum Cleaner, Yellow | John Lewis Or an older version thereof. Previous AV tech used it for cleaning projectors and we do the same as it means you're collecting dust as opposed to just spreading it.
-
Are you crying?
-
Bit weird. Never quite get the hype around these. One of the comments: Really?
-
I think we're supporting this as a school, with the aim of handing over 100 shoeboxes. Judging by the most recent update I don't think we're going to get there...
-
Meraki here, 32 APs and very happy with it since it went in just over a year ago.
-
Bloxx acquired by Akamai
clockend25 replied to free780's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
He's just pitching for business lads. - - - Updated - - - Although ironically Bloxx first came to people's attention a few years ago when they employed similar tactics one year at BETT. -
Reports > Student List > Registration Group List ?
-
We use a journaling account to capture all mail and then archive it off locally at regular intervals.
-
Damn it. I believed.
-
Impero - Customer Portal's available again!
clockend25 replied to RichCowell's topic in Network and Classroom Management
And here. Won't accept the new password. -
Last time I was looking I had quotes from the following: CCS Media Ergo ICT Direct Very PC Millennium Millgate Stone Novatech ACS
-
Impero - Customer Portal's available again!
clockend25 replied to RichCowell's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Aye, tried to reset password but no email received. -
Ideally I'd like to roll it out across the site next summer having tested it this year and built a working environment. Whether we can get to a place where we're happy to do that is another matter entirely; from the bit of work on it I've done so far there seem to be quite a few major issues currently that will need to be ironed out.
-
Casio Projectors won't last the distance
clockend25 replied to SimpleSi's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Yikes. The biggest issue we have with our Casio projectors is something going pop and littering the display with white dots. Got another one this morning that I've identified as needing to be swapped out because of this. -
I've just finished paying off my car so I'm a couple of hundred quid better off a month than I was. I am however just funnelling that into my house deposit fund.
-
Blimey.
-
The 5p Plastic Bag Charge: All You Need To Know - BBC News
clockend25 replied to 6Foot2's topic in General Chat
The lass covering the self-serve tills at Tesco was busy letting people know why they were being prompted to enter the number of bags they were using this morning. Most people nodded and carried on, but further down the section one man abruptly shouted out "FIVE POUNDS!!?!!??!" before being put straight. Cracked me up. -
I don't know. I don't think I've been in the actual canteen for a couple of years. We moved to a new vendor about 18 months ago who've invested heavily in the facilities side of things, but the food I see being carted about doesn't seem to be up to much.
-
Peeple is the ‘Yelp for people’ app your mother warned you about
clockend25 replied to MrKJLS's topic in e-Safety
Let your lunch go down a bit before reading that last update. I've just finished fish and chips and feel a bit queasy. -
The support portal seems to be down permanently these days. 5105 hasn't been good for us either, but yeah, they're normally pretty quick to respond to calls logged.
-
How good is Impero at Safeguarding?
clockend25 replied to jertsy's topic in Network and Classroom Management
OK. 'esafety' has a cross next to it in our list of modules.
