-
Posts
225 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by muppet
-
goggles
-
If everyone else is getting one then I want one.....or I'll throw my toys out of my cot and have a tantrum!!! Count me in if there are any going spare...I'm willing to adopt one if necessary.
-
Here we go again... Six Nations... Bring it on....
muppet replied to garethEds's topic in General Chat
She married a Jack though.....so she's not that bad!! -
Here we go again... Six Nations... Bring it on....
muppet replied to garethEds's topic in General Chat
Oooooh spooky.......when my sister left home she moved to Newport!! She now lives in Cardiff though. -
@ Grumbledook Haven't had the chance of looking at any of the linked products, but I hope they may be of use to you. free proximity marketing bluetooth download
-
Here we go again... Six Nations... Bring it on....
muppet replied to garethEds's topic in General Chat
Ahhhhhhhh Newtown. I spent so many lovely hours as a child on the train from Aberystwyth to Newtown - dragged by my mother for a days shopping!!!! Often to be followed by more hours as I was dragged onto Shrewsbury......to see the lights of the big city, well it was compared to Aberystwyth!!!! -
Here we go again... Six Nations... Bring it on....
muppet replied to garethEds's topic in General Chat
But we need to work on our kicking game. If Jones had kicked all the penalties and conversions the score would have better reflected how dominating Wales were......we'll definately have to pull it together before next weekend. Having watched all the opening games I now think Wales and Ireland are the ones to watch out for......but I don't think there'll be a Grand Slam this year, although I hope Wales prove me wrong - it's over a 100 years since we won 2 Grand Slams back to back. -
Here we go again... Six Nations... Bring it on....
muppet replied to garethEds's topic in General Chat
I'd love to see Wales do it again...but I think that it's going to be really close between the top 3 or 4. England have a lot to prove and make up for after the appaling test matches, but also have a lot injuries at the moment. Scotland are looking really good, but do have a habit of making a meal of the games they should win. France always put in a good performance in the 6 Nations. Ireland, I'm sorry to say, aren't up to much at the moment.....but could pull it out of the bag. And I think everyone should watch out for Italy as they always have one really good game in them and could really screw things up for anybody...........so all in all I'm really sitting on the fence with this one. The only things that are guarnteed are that it will be bloody cold for the opening games and that I will be the only person sitting in my local (I'm living in Oxfordshire) wearing a Wales shirt on Sunday!! Cymru am byth -
We were going to get them in to refit all of our Drama studios with new lighting and audio....that was until the roof sprung a very large leak and the money had to be spent replacing that instead!!!!
-
I used SoftEgg for the first time last summer holidays for our main hall. Had a powered screen, data projector, audio system and wireless mike system installed. Not only were SoftEgg superb on price the service they provided was fantastic, I'd definately use them again. If you want the contact details I have for them just pm me.
-
Another vote here for Drive Image XML and Bart PE. I also use the Swiss Army Knife plug in for Bart PE to format and partition the drive as required. All very simple to use and very effective. I know that there is other stuff out there that is also very good, the best advice I can give is to try each one and decide which you prefer - horses for courses and all that.
-
Thanks EduTech, like the other posters I've just signed up...I'll have to see how it goes.
-
I've just advertised the following post in the local press and on the County website, but thought I'd see if anyone here was interested or knew someone who might be. IT Technician - Grade 5 / £15,524 - £16,614 pro rata. (Grade 6 for suitably experienced candidate). Term time only / 24hrs per week - exact hours can be negotiated. Full details can be found on the following link (Scroll down to 'Attacments' for the full JD) Jobs at Oxfordshire If you need any further info feel free to pm me.
-
I completely agree with OutToLunch, don't touch the phone without talking to the police first. I did a brief stint with the National High Tech Crime Unit and you wouldn't believe the number of cases we had to drop because someone else had used the equipment before we got it and destroyed or altered the evidence stored on it!
-
Thanks Sysman, it looks really good and it's great that we're showing respect.
-
Thanks for the responses.......I feel happier now about things, got a bit stressed yesterday when this all 'suddenly' got dumped on my desk!!! To create the departmental policy I basically took all the elements from the risk assessments I've carried out and incorporated them into one document that also states that the whole school H&S policy should be followed and who to report issues / accidents to. The TNA element is easy as I'm the only person in the department with H&S responsibilities (not that H&S isn't everyones responsibility...for the pedants amongst you!!) By the sounds of things the last audit 'recommended' that a check sheet for visually checking equipment be produced and that the checks were to be carried out everyday or at the begining of each lesson!! I think that this may have to become a monthly check. I'll post my policy and check sheets in the wiki when / if I manage to make it through the audit without too much of a beating!! Once again, thanks for the comments, especially Covgeek and GrumbleDook. But please feel free to keep them coming.
-
Is anyone willing to share their Departmental H&S Policy with me (presuming you have one) so that I can compare it to the one I've just finished drafting? Basically I was informed today that I will have the pleasure of a full H&S audit in a few days time to ensure that the department has complied with the findings of the last audit........this happened before I started here and was never informed of the requirements, until today that was!!! So I have to: 1. Create a departmental policy 2. Carry out a training needs analysis for the department 3. Develop a record of regular / weekly safety checks of all IT related equipment, including all leads! (No one can explain where the time to do this will come from, especially as it is classed as administrative so the teaching staff wont do it.) 4. Evidence the H&S elements of departmental agendas and minute the actions required. 5. Plus lots of other lesser stuff. Obviously I will be getting protected time to carry these tasks out so that I don't have to work into the night in my own time........oh that's right, as non teaching staff I don't need protected time, 'cause if I say I'm busy everyone just leaves me alone!!! Sorry didn't mean to have a gripe. If anyone can help I will be extremely grateful......
-
@sippo I can highly recommend EduSweep, you shouldn't have any problems with it at FCC.
-
I think what B4bob means is that above 3kgs at reach a more indepth assessment of the procedure will have to be carried out. It doesn't mean that it can't be done. See attached PDF, page 10, for further details. HSE Manual handling.pdf
-
I've attached a couple of PDF's for you and your line manager / H&S Manager to have a look through....... The first is direct from the HSE and the second is the NUT's recommendations for pregnant workers!! I'm the Manual Handling Instructor for my school and I can tell all of you that it is the School's / Governors / H&S Managers statutory obligation to provide annual training for anyone moving heavy or outsized loads. If they fail to offer you the training and you subsequently injure yourself then they have opened themselves up to litigation. Feel free to pm me if you want to discuss anything in the pdf's any further...... HSE.pdf NUT_Maternity_matters7.pdf
-
Inset next Monday, Years 7 and 12 only on Tuesday, everyone back Wednesday. Already had "There's something wrong with my area, it keeps telling me that my username or password is wrong", this was one of the SLT!!!! Have also had a member of the teaching staff come in this afternoon with 2 pieces of software to be put on before school starts!!! He was kind enough to let me know that he had meant to give it to me before they broke up but had forgotten!!!! I can't wait until next week!
-
Damn some of you guys type fast.... but my post still stands.... Sorry for HiJacking this thread, but......... Where do you buy your cables from? I recently bought 50 x 0.5m cables from Cables&Stuff at 50p each, but obviously I would like to get them cheaper if I could......plus it might make peoples choices of making their own or buying them in a little easier.
-
EduGeek.net Caption Competition
muppet replied to Ric_'s topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
Dos_Box suddenly realised that the remark about him being hung like a horse wasn't such a compliment after all!!- 112 replies
-
- caption
- competition
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
We have it set up so that they login with their school email addresses. This enables us to send ticket updates direct to them via email, but more importantly it encourages staff to actually use the email system.....but we still get people coming in to the office to report problems!!
-
Thanks Maniac, really useful. It's one of my to do jobs for the Summer, but with everything else I've got to do I hadn't even considered moving a few users at a time to prevent server maxout. I'm sure that there are loads of us out here that really appreciate the work you've put into this, even more so if you can spare the time to produce a wiki version with screenschots!
