Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

muppet

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    225
  • Joined

Everything posted by muppet

  1. As per Maniac........ another one for USBDLM here. Easy to use, very effective.
  2. I'm lucky that I'm a qualified Counsellor and Hypnotherapist specialising in PTSD and sports development, and am currently working on becoming a qualified Psychotherapist. So I guess if I wasnt workning in IT I'd be asking if you wanted fries with that!!
  3. I wish the goat had'nt done that says Bob!
  4. muppet

    Gary McKinnon

    What really gets me is that his lawyers said that it would be against his Human Rights to be extradited as he wouldn't get a fair trial in the USA, but this was thrown out. Yet Abu Hamza's lawyers said the same thing and he is still in this country along with quite a few other 'dubious' types. And don't get me started on the Anglo-American Extradition treaty, which was set up for anti-terror reasons......the Americans have used it many times, including to get some British bankers to the US to stand trial for fraud, they didn't use the normal extradition procedures as there wasn't enough evidence! Yet when the UK tried to use it the US refused the request on National Security grounds. Not exactly what I'd call a two way thing. Sorry, rant over!
  5. Without trying to start up a Nikon / Cannon war, probably the best first dSLR has to be the Nikon D60. Where you go from there is down to personal preference, I was always a Cannon man (350/400/450D)until I got my hands on the Nikon D300. New vs used? I've bought both, but will generally go for second hand lenses as long as I know they are in good nick. Been caught out once with mold inside a lens, but know what to look for now.
  6. We've blocked it for all Staff and Students.......had quite a few complaints at first, teachers saying that they needed it as a teaching resource so I pointed them in the direction of TeacherTube. Now they're complaining that TeacherTube is ok but there's no funny stuff on it like YouTube....so much for needing it as a teaching resource!
  7. I dont know about anyone else but I'm still trying to figure out what this 'Lunch' thing is that Singist mentioned. Seriously though we've not had anything extreme down here...got overcast yesterday with some pretty impressive cloud formations but it just blew over and the sun came out again. At the moment I'm sat in the back garden soaking up the sun again....not in work today as my daughter broke her over the weekend and ended up having it pinned and plated as well...that'll teach her not to use just her front brake when out on her bike!!
  8. Just moved over to SAP here so most things are paid for via Bacs payments. We also have school credit cards that can be used for online purchases.
  9. Congratulations and welcome to parenthood. A beautiful name for a beautiful girl.........both of you must be so proud.
  10. At the moment most are using Digital Brain, but as the County have just signed up to RM Kalaedos as the prefered supplier for the MLE I suspect they will go down that route when it is released to them, especially as funding for the first 3 years will be taken at source!!. They are currently on phase 4 of a roll out to secondary schools with the start of primaries coming in at stage 6...or that was the last plan they had. Hope this helps.....
  11. I'd also like to say a huge thanks to Michael for these fantastic time saving packs. I just want you to know that your work really is appreciated.
  12. muppet

    Ruckus Wireless

    If it was me I'd look through the quote and invoice the supplier raised against your order to ensure that they quoted for the correct stuff. If it doesn't give exact details ref AP's, controllers or licencing then I would question why whoever placed the order didn't double check before the invoice was paid. As others have already stated, the problem with your licencing is between your supplier and whoever placed the order and is no reflection on Ruckus or their equipment. Unless you went directly to Ruckus it seems a bit unfair to be having a go at them for someone elses c*ck up.
  13. muppet

    Red Dwarf

    I saw the re-run of the 'Back to Reality' episode the other night. I'd forgotten how funny Dwayne Dibbley is. The Duke of Dork rules!!!! Can't wait to see the new stuff.
  14. I saw them at the Education Show on Friday and gave them a hard time about waiting so long for mine. Their excuse was that they had to redesign the software access interface and add autorun to it as the initial complaints from teachers was that they couldn't get them to work properly!!! Their words not mine. When questioned about new delivery times I was told that they were looking to start shipping within the next 4 weeks.....but I wont be holding my breath as I heard them tell someone else 8 weeks! Just as an aside, has anyone seen the ones they're giving away to the kids.....preloaded with educational content....and games....and portable apps:eek:
  15. Does anyone have any information on which Phase Oxfordshire is in (11 I think)? Rough timescales would be nice. I've contacted the LEA to try and get some info as there is little, if any, specific up to date info on 'Tinternet', but the only info they could (would) supply was that there was something on the Becta website a while ago......but it's not there now!!! Brilliant. I would suspect that it is a foregone conclusion that RM gets the deal, especially as they've been awarded the MLE contract for the next ? years....but obviously a tendering process will have to be carried out....providing that there's still money around to invest and that BSF hasn't fallen by the wayside in favour of another well thought out money saving scheme!!!
  16. Before you go ahead with the purchase of one check that you can actually get coverage in your area!! I get good (not perfect) coverage on my mobile phone at home but have naff all on my PAYG 3g USB!! Both of which are vodafone...go figure! I know that I'm not the only one who suffers with this problem.
  17. @Tech Guy I don't want to be accused of hi-jacking this thread but....... I know what you mean, although I did get to see them 4 years ago on their Guitar and Drum tour. The most surreal part of that was that Bruce Foxton, aka of The Jam, was playing lead guitar for them...and for the pedants amongst us, yes I did say lead guitar and not bass. We'll have to see how many others here are fans and start our own social group!!
  18. @ Tech Guy Off topic I know, but........great to find another SLF fan on here!!! Going to see them in Oxford on 28th March, can't wait...... You can carry on with the thread now if you like!!!
  19. I went to school with a guy called Neil Ling. Everyday at registration the teacher would call out 'Neil Ling' and all us kids would shout back 'sitting, standing, lying'! Looking back on it we were horrible to him.....god aren't kids cruel!?!
  20. @greswolde - Just for your info; The link on your website to the 'View Details' and 'Job Description' documents doesn't work.....'The requested document was not found on this server'.
  21. :drunken_smilie:Hobgoblin - fantastic beer
  22. @ Maz: Black Sand Music?
  23. I got the Eddie bit straight away.....but have to admit that I had to google the Ross Kemp character name!!!
  24. @Bezwick: Eddie Grant
×
×
  • Create New...