CyberNerd
Members-
Posts
9,169 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by CyberNerd
-
Article: EduGeek at BETT 2013 - Festo Manufacturing Demo
CyberNerd replied to Domino's topic in Legacy CMS Comments
I've been banned -
anyone watching the Ingress excitement this evening?
CyberNerd replied to CyberNerd's topic in General Chat
yes- its a massively multiplayer alternate reality game. Basically there are two teams (green and blue) and the object is to capture large areas of the population by capturing, hacking and linking 'portals' -
BBC News - Computer science part of English Baccalaureate
-
Huge ENL field, covering the whole of London. Resistance retaliate and take Cambridge - but the field stays up. No new links between Cambridge-Newbury and Dover. Google+ communities crashes under the load!
-
no - I wanted it embedded full screen, and that's what I get in Opera, Firefox, Chrome, Android and IOS. In IE it just downloads the file and requires the HTML to be there to stop this. I'll look into the HTML tags to determine browser, I just didn't want to go into so much depth as I assumed all modern browsers would be able to handle it.
-
BYOD...
-
Google funds 15,000 Raspberry Pis for Schools
CyberNerd replied to speckytecky's topic in Raspberry Pi, Arduino & Other SBCs
My understanding is that once you are running the OCR GCSE Computing course, then OCR will handle it. -
Thats what I want to show TV shows. I don't want them embedded into a tiny window on a browser. I guess I'll just let IE users figure it out form themselves.
-
ok. thats good to know. I can see why web developers get so fed up with IE now, everything else seems to work seamlessly!
-
I have been wrestling with the same dilemma for a while. Schools have all the resources available to teach programming and many of us throw away perfectly good computers because they are 'too old' to keep uptodate with the latest windows release and a virtual machine is simple enough to do. I've come to the conclusion that there are two main factors to why PI would be good in schools. One is to give students something to take home. More importantly it is something that takes technical control away from the ICT department and puts it into teachers and students hands. It perfectly follows the Ofsted recommendations that students shouldn't be taught with 'locked down' systems, and it is a really simple way of giving full root access to a computer without the ICT manager saying no. It allows schools to slowly move away from the historic MS domain mentality and hand some of the responsibility back to the students.
-
Google funds 15,000 Raspberry Pis for Schools
CyberNerd replied to speckytecky's topic in Raspberry Pi, Arduino & Other SBCs
I heard it was being done through OCR. -
Surely it shouldn't need to be embedded !?! - FF,Chrome,opera,android all seem to play it direct...
-
this is a good one: alias lr='ls -R | grep ":$" | sed -e '\''s/:$//'\'' -e '\''s/[^-][^\/]*\//--/g'\'' -e '\''s/^/ /'\'' -e '\''s/-/|/'\'''
-
I think I noticed my mistake already. Because windows is such a ball ache to setup and maintain I only use it in a virtual machine for testing things then reverting the image to stop it turning to sludge. XP was running IE7 and W7 was on IE8. Looks like the school has just dropped support for IE8.
-
Webserver seems ok I think it must be my avconv commands - but I got heavily distracted by moodle today. does this play ok in IE and on WP8? http://www.808.dk/pics/video/gizmo.mp4
-
Google Apps asking for "verify their identity via phone"
CyberNerd replied to Danp's topic in Cloud Services
Have you called support? I'd be interested to hear what they say as i've only encountered the two-step auth process once I've actually turned it on. Where do they get the phone no's from? -
Google Apps asking for "verify their identity via phone"
CyberNerd replied to Danp's topic in Cloud Services
check: settings > org settings - turn off two step authentication Add 2-step verification - Google Apps Help -
Its minimal - in the time it's taken MS to get a couple of percentage points in the global smartphone sales, Android jumped up from circa 50% to 70% I think its fair to say that all large companies pay for reviews in some form or another, difficult to provide citation for common knowledge. Perhaps you could provide one to say it never happens. Indeed. Same with WP7. I think the avatar thing really does it for me though. Having to hack its registry just to enable USB storage did put me off a tad though.
-
12 months later and Google+ is now the 2nd biggest social networking site - with more active users than twitter. Google Plus Becomes World's No. 2 Social Network After Facebook, Knocking Off Twitter
-
Well, we have a student who has one and loves it. We debated it Friday lunchtime. Apparently its unique selling point that makes comparative phones on the market 'utter rubbish' is that it can link your xbox avatar with your telephone avatar - so if you change your xbox avatar it also changes on your phone. Previously I was guided by the utterly abysmal sales of windows phones, but after this conversation I can totally understand the hype!. I'll be taking a closer interest in this fantastic new technology!
-
yeah I looked at that, I don't think it's going to work for what I want - and it's not been updated for a while with one dev.
-
I've heard some *really* bad things about Fedora18. All of our Linux desktops are deployed, updated and configured through a central (spacewalk) server, Apparently the new installer breaks all of this rendering it is near impossible to deploy. Think I'll hold out until its a bit more ready.
-
Actually - would moodle handle this itself?
-
Good thinking. Probably not - it's a mythbuntu box used for testing. I'll run a test on the moodle server tomorrow.
