Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

CyberNerd

Members
  • Posts

    9,169
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CyberNerd

  1. I'm not too worried that Google and Microsoft are data mining little Jimmy's homework. They're offering free services for schools for product placement. Nothing more. MS have been doing it for years by discounting software for schools.
  2. Apps domains don't make suggestions for its users, or even display adverts.
  3. Here's the incident report: http://static.googleusercontent.com/external_content/untrusted_dlcp/www.google.com/en//appsstatus/ir/7hpi9cxutklywep.pdf
  4. Have they ever axed one of their core services? Not that I can think of...
  5. this is pretty good for CAMRA pubs: GBG Mobile
  6. Same as Dave.81 after a bit of training we let the users manage their own settings.
  7. TBH the amount of downtime it has had in the last couple of years has been so low, our fileservers have had more downtime for updates! The difference is that I can plan that!
  8. Looks like they updated after I mailed them. PITA. Never happened before that I can remember - at least I don't have to fix it :-)
  9. Seems to be uk wide? Can anyone confirm? I submitted a support ticket. Causing us massive headaches - just had to tell 140 kids to open libreoffice for the first time in 2yrs.
  10. CyberNerd

    PoE Switch

    A decent PoE switch with QoS and UPS would be my recommendation
  11. Theres a marketplace tool for this which should work in bulk https://www.google.com/enterprise/marketplace/viewListing?productListingId=3538797+6919497686925598013&pli=1
  12. CyberNerd

    RHEL 6.4

    I've not used it yet - but my understanding is that it behaves exactly like a windows domain controller - you just add the admx files from windows and use the windows snap-in to manage it.
  13. CyberNerd

    RHEL 6.4

    Per VM. We have 5 licenses plus one for RHEV across 3 boxes.
  14. CyberNerd

    RHEL 6.4

    Access to RedHat Network (RHN), Technical Support. http://www.redhat.com/f/pdf/rhel4/RHValueSub_94086_web.pdf
  15. Sync home drives to Google drive. Install Cloudconnect and all office files sync to GDrive and the server automatically.
  16. Thanks Matt. Do you deal directly with Sharp or via a third party? Whats the support like for repairs etc? We currently get support from papercut through a third party and are considering going direct to sharp.
  17. perhaps you could set fire to them remotely? I'd be ever so grateful.
  18. Cool.. (not for you, though) I just met a rep from sharp and wanted to throw it out here to get some feel from real world experience. Any chance you could phone their support on Monday and let me know how/if they respond. Whilst you on the phone - tell them that the machine is on fire and test out the 4hr response
  19. I tried to get things back on track by starting a new thread here http://www.edugeek.net/forums/general-chat/110433-sharp-managed-mfds-papercut.html
  20. Opinions welcome...
  21. Ouch. On a different and completely different note, and in an attempt to completely derail this thread: how do you find sharp MFD's and their support. I'm considering buying into them
  22. I think this could well be a manufacturing fault because we've had 25 of these without any problems. I do agree about the stupid power supply port problem, that has failed on 3 or 4 of ours - but it is easily fixable and the dismantling instructions for lenovo are awesome.
  23. 2 x 10Gb BNT switches: IBM Redbooks | IBM Virtual Fabric 10Gb Switch Module for IBM BladeCenter
  24. The reason it's cheaper is because it can't handle big loads, and doesn't have any useful features. It is a budget edge switch for a small office building, it isn't designed to have core or near edge capabilities which is essentially what the OP wants. If it did I would be using them and saving the school some money.
  25. You missed this bit: Being a stickler for infrastructure I prioritise my network first, computers 2nd.
×
×
  • Create New...