bertster
Members-
Posts
221 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by bertster
-
Hi, One of my schools is currently having a couple of extra classrooms built and we have just been told by the electrical contractor that all the data / network points must be grey / black rather than the standard white. All the power sockets are grey / black. Does anyone know if this is a actual regulation or just a guideline. Another of my schools had a new extension handed over in January and power and data sockets are white. Thanks
-
The light should be green. If its red then I'd suspect a driver issue. Have you tried version 9?
-
Anything in the event logs? Event ID's etc?
-
You may need to set your hyperlink base address. On the File menu, click Properties. Click the Summary tab. In the Hyperlink base box, type the path you want to use. Note You can override the hyperlink base address by using the full, or absolute, address for the hyperlink in the Insert Hyperlink dialog box. Have just set this up on Excel and it works for me.
-
Can anyone supply a genuine Kyocera TK-510K Toner for the C5030N Series. Please reply with prices. Thanks
-
Just been asked to evaluate an internal email system for my school. I've used 2Simple 2Email previously at another school. Anyone with any other recommendations? Thanks
-
Good news if the recent patches fix the speed / resource issue with Spiceworks, however I'd rather be free of the adverts - which will have an impact on the network.
-
Tried Spiceworks but found the free version with all the ads ran very very very slow, apart from that its features are great, but too heavy on the network for daily use in our environment. Have now switched to SysAid. Better product for our requirements and its free!
-
I've installed two of the fujitsu siemens esprimo P2530 and both of them do the same psu power cycle as you described when switch on at the mains.
-
Yes it is possible and I've built a fair number of packages and used Free2Teach to distribute them. I've got some basic instructions somewhere if you want a copy? Once the package is built it rather straightforward. Ergo where offering msi's at £25 each for clients with a current support contract.
-
I can usually get a better price via my Dell Account manager, however not on Vostros as they wont budge the price on those. If your buying in bulk then there are savings to be had. Dell gave me a £50 discount last year on a £450 latitude as I bought 5. If you want 100 then discount should be there - just ask them.
-
Blue Mountains (Backup Direct) Online Backup (PC Data & Server Backup) | Remote, Offsite, Secure ibackup professional IBackup Professional - Online Backup with higher security and higher retention I have been told to be careful about where the backup will physically be stored (i.e. uk or overseas servers) due to legal requirements re data protection. I'm not sure of the full details but I'm sure that any of the online backup providers will known.
-
All our teachers have a laptop and each class has 3 computers.
-
I had the same problem last week with a Dell Precision laptop. Turns out that the SATA drivers need SP2. A slipstreamed CD worked for me.
-
RM recommended height adjustable, whereas we where after the legal minimum height, but there doesnt seem to be one. The height does matter as the pupils need to reach the IWB as we use software that requires their intervention on the IWB. Its rather more than just seeing the IWB.
-
Thanks to all for comments, looks like the 'step' is the best way to go. Just got to get the best price now...
-
Its a Primary school, Reception, Y1 and Y2 kids only. The reason I ask is that I'm sure that there is a legal minimum height that a dado containing power sockets can be. The IWB comes with a short-throw projector so I'm trying to balance getting the IWB low enough for the kids but high enough so that the projector is clear of the teachers head!
-
My primary school is about to have two smartboard 600is installed by RM in two brand new classrooms, however we need to find out the optimum height these boards should be so that the pupils can reach them. All of our current IWBs are too high for the pupils. RM are not sure and we've got the electrics and dado being installed later this week. I need to give the builders the high for this dado asap as the IWB will be installed above it. Can anyone help? Thanks
-
HT wants a new notebook to replace her old Dell Latitude D505. It must be smaller than the Dell and be able to be used with a docking station. Can anyone please recommend a suitable machine? Thanks (p.s. Dell size is roughly 34cm x 27cm x 4cm)
-
What do you think of this? Laptop cashback/exchange scheme
bertster replied to Little-Miss's topic in General Chat
Had a quote from them offering me £60.00 for 5 old laptops in part ex for 3 new ones. Didn't think it was worth it as I was still able to source the 3 new ones cheaper elsewhere. -
I'm yet another who has had zero response from any Protex comment form and I too have certainly never used intemperate language on the forms! I work in multiple schools and have never received any communication regarding the form being received or if the change will be made or not. A page is blocked, a form is submitted but we are constantly in the dark whether anything is being done/or will be done. Communication is the key, even if its a no!
-
My recomendation would be to hire at the resort. Dont buy if your a beginner! As your ability improves then consider buying. At most resorts you can hire a different board every day and see which type suits best. If you really must buy then go for boots rather than board at this stage - again I'd purchase these at the resort, which gives you a good chance to try them out all day (rather than just an hour or so on a dry slope) and if there are any problems with fit that can be sorted as you go along. You need to consider the type of snowboarding you want to do - carving, off-piste, freestyle etc as the boards are different. Would buy the best technical clothes (gloves, jacket, trousers) etc that you can afford. In my time as a BASI ski instructor I've seen plenty of people turn up with all the gear but no idea!
-
The consumer has a cooling-off period of seven working days. If the price difference is significant and you can get it cheaper elsewhere then send it back.
-
Yep, I've got one of those too Little Miss - time of year I'm afraid SPEND SPEND SPEND!
