Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

superfletch

Members
  • Posts

    500
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by superfletch

  1. Not really sure as what you have got looks OK, however when I use "Case" statements in AutoIt, I generally use them under the "Select" context, rather then the "Switch" context. So try changing Switch $nMsg for Select Case xxx Case yyy Case zzz EndSelect
  2. A lot of time has passed since the last post in this thread, so forgive me for bringing this topic back to the top of the list. I have access to a test Merlin site and in the last couple of days a new item has appeared under a new link called applications. That link is moodle (and incidently an easymail link also appeared). I haven't had the full lowdown on this yet, but I did speak to the helpdesk about it. They said that the applications area would allow a user to enter details (username, password, URL) for moodle/easymail etc into Merlin once and then on subsequent visits to Merlin users would have to fill in a Captcha to traverse pages in the two systems. It's a small step, but it is a start I suppose. I think full integration will be a complex affair requiring a SIF compliant connection between the moodle server and the Grids Shibboleth IDP. There are people out there acting as a testbed for it. Hopefully their findings can address point 7 of my older post.
  3. Hey there, This is probably a question for the AutoIt forum and not here. As far as I can tell the code shown is aimed at deciphering what happens when you run an autoit exe with a particular switch. eg - myautoitapp.exe /silent or myautoitapp.exe /installpath The idea is you modify the code and embed it into your autoit application to add switch options. Depending on what the app you create does then you could target other apps, but the value would be limited to the switches the other apps supports and OS based things that can affect apps like runas.
  4. I know, I'm only teasing really.
  5. Ha Ha - Priceless, I'm putting all of those on an actual flowchart come Monday for everyone who takes calls from Schools (not just to annoy you honest). You wouldn't believe the number of customers (even NM's) who, when asked haven't bothered trying these sorts of things. NB - Of course there are a large number of highly competent call loggers out there too. I have to agree with other posts here, you ask simple questions like... Is the Server switched on, Is the *:\ drive there, Can you access the internet, Have you asked the in school tech, And people respond to you as though you are speaking an entirely foreign language and this makes YOU an idiot. I'm just glad I don't have to work in a school all the time, judging by many comments bashing on here you guys don't have it much better. /possible rant @OP - Good luck with the interview, let us know what happens
  6. Might not be too relevant for your needs Si, but for peoples replies it might be worth categorising which apps have problems running in a 64 bit architecture too since 64 bit is much more prevelant under W7.
  7. Thanks for this, We recieved a call last week with the same error and I've been to Capita with it but the answer they gave didn't fix it. We had also been going down the permissions route. I'll start looking at printers now.
  8. I agree there is using SIMS, and using it in depth. We have a lot of schools with very IT literate people that can "work out there way around" or "muddle through" SIMS. However, a lot of these don't put data in accurately (duplicate contacts etc, etc) or make any proper use of data once it is in. I defy a person to learn how to properly use Nova T or Assessment Manager either quickly or "just by having a play about". As far as data lookup or data entry is concerned I agree - SIMS is really pretty easy (because it is a well designed application). Install and upgrade is also pretty straightforward for the most part. However get in depth with SIMS and it starts to get difficult. Going back to the OP he says that "a knowledge of SIMS is desirable." This doesn't say to what level at all, I'd research SIMS a bit and be honest with them. Say you are willing to learn. Good luck.
  9. Capita have already supported several 64 Bit OS'es for some time. You really should be fine. Although I agree with Matt, my personal preference for your peace of mind would be clients running a 32 bit OS - for now.
  10. Supportnet lists this under Fixes for reason 0 - may be similar??? ********* PLEASE NOTE : FIX 1 IS ONLY RELEVANT IF THE USER'S PASSWORD HAS BEEN RESET Fix 1 This may be due to the 'Enforce Password Policy' settings within SQL 2005 To change this, log into SQL Server Management Studio and expand the Security tree and then the Logins tree. Find the user that is getting the error, right click on their name and select properties. In the Login Properties window, remove the tick from the 'Enforce Password Policy' tick box and then click OK. Close SQL Server Management Studio.
  11. Something like this (where you add the GUI which asks for the username and password??) Credit goes to Jos on the AutoIt forum. $SmtpServer = "post.rmplc.co.uk" ; address for the smtp-server to use - REQUIRED $FromName = "Display Name" ; name from who the email was sent $FromAddress = "[email protected]" ; address from where the mail should come $ToAddress = "[email protected]" ; destination address of the email - REQUIRED $Subject = "Subject line" ; subject from the email - can be anything you want it to be $Body = "Message Body" ; the messagebody from the mail - can be left blank but then you get a blank mail $AttachFiles = ($Varfile) ; the file you want to attach- leave blank if not needed $CcAddress = "" ; address for cc - leave blank if not needed $BccAddress = "" ; address for bcc - leave blank if not needed $Importance = "Normal" ; Send message priority: "High", "Normal", "Low" $Username = "[email protected]" ; username for the account used from where the mail gets sent - REQUIRED $Password = "mypassword" ; password for the account used from where the mail gets sent - REQUIRED $IPPort = 25 ; port used for sending the mail $ssl = 0 ; enables/disables secure socket layer sending - put to 1 if using httpS ;################################## ; Script ;################################## Global $oMyRet[2] Global $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "MyErrFunc") $rc = _INetSmtpMailCom($SmtpServer, $FromName, $FromAddress, $ToAddress, $Subject, $Body, $AttachFiles, $CcAddress, $BccAddress, $Importance, $Username, $Password, $IPPort, $ssl) If @error Then MsgBox(0, "Error sending message", "Error code:" & @error & " Description:" & $rc) EndIf ; ; The UDF Func _INetSmtpMailCom($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject = "", $as_Body = "", $s_AttachFiles = "", $s_CcAddress = "", $s_BccAddress = "", $s_Importance = "Normal", $s_Username = "", $s_Password = "", $IPPort = 25, $ssl = 0) Local $objEmail = ObjCreate("CDO.Message") $objEmail.From = '"' & $s_FromName & '" <' & $s_FromAddress & '>' $objEmail.To = $s_ToAddress Local $i_Error = 0 Local $i_Error_desciption = "" If $s_CcAddress <> "" Then $objEmail.Cc = $s_CcAddress If $s_BccAddress <> "" Then $objEmail.Bcc = $s_BccAddress $objEmail.Subject = $s_Subject If StringInStr($as_Body, "<") And StringInStr($as_Body, ">") Then $objEmail.HTMLBody = $as_Body Else $objEmail.Textbody = $as_Body & @CRLF EndIf If $s_AttachFiles <> "" Then Local $S_Files2Attach = StringSplit($s_AttachFiles, ";") For $x = 1 To $S_Files2Attach[0] $S_Files2Attach[$x] = _PathFull($S_Files2Attach[$x]) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(62) : $S_Files2Attach = ' & $S_Files2Attach & @LF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @LF) ;### Debug Console If FileExists($S_Files2Attach[$x]) Then $objEmail.AddAttachment($S_Files2Attach[$x]) Else ConsoleWrite('!> File not found to attach: ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x] & @LF) SetError(1) Return 0 EndIf Next EndIf $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2 $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = $s_SmtpServer If Number($IPPort) = 0 Then $IPPort = 25 $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = $IPPort ;Authenticated SMTP If $s_Username <> "" Then $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate") = 1 $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername") = $s_Username $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword") = $s_Password EndIf If $ssl Then $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpusessl") = True EndIf ;Update settings $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Update ; Set Email Importance Switch $s_Importance Case "High" $objEmail.Fields.Item("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "High" Case "Normal" $objEmail.Fields.Item("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "Normal" Case "Low" $objEmail.Fields.Item("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "Low" EndSwitch $objEmail.Fields.Update ; Sent the Message $objEmail.Send If @error Then SetError(2) Return $oMyRet[1] EndIf $objEmail = "" EndFunc ;==>_INetSmtpMailCom ; ; ; Com Error Handler Func MyErrFunc() $HexNumber = Hex($oMyError.number, 8) $oMyRet[0] = $HexNumber $oMyRet[1] = StringStripWS($oMyError.description, 3) ConsoleWrite("### COM Error ! Number: " & $HexNumber & " ScriptLine: " & $oMyError.scriptline & " Description:" & $oMyRet[1] & @LF) SetError(1); something to check for when this function returns Return EndFunc ;==>MyErrFunc
  12. I expect this is an old question and I realise it will vary somewhat from one sw package to the next. Can anyone give me a brief explanation of how I would take an image with a colured (lets say white) background and remove the white background/make it transparent so that if I add it to a webpage or a document with any colour backing the image takes on that coulour background. If it makes a difference I have Paint .net and/or PsP 8. Thanks.
  13. You're approaching it the wrong way. The Personnel record should be the basis for the user account, not the other way around. If the SIMS user account already exists but the person doesn't have a record in SIMS Personnel then you should. *Make a note of the existing permissions *Delete (make inactive) the Existing User Account *Add a new User Account based on the Personnel Record. *Assign appropriate permissions *Sort out the username format
  14. +1 for the school visitor book although we all know it isn't always signed. +1 for trust How about agreeing that all techs ring your boss every time you arrive at a site "to tell him/her you arrived safely", equally you can ring when you leave to say you're on the way home. This puts the ball in their court, if you don't ring in then your boss needs to call your mobile and failing that the school "just to make sure your safe". Also, if school are expecting you to arrive, surely they are going to ring your boss/office to find out where you are if you don't turn up???
  15. LZ, I respect your opinion as your posts are always so considered, indeed you have helped me before now, however to be blatant, there is a reason MS is so successful: Swap your headteachers windows laptop for an ubuntu one for a fortnight. Problem solved.
  16. You didn't get any replies. Hope it went OK my friend. Backing up your existing data and knowing exactly what each individual needed access to (apps / data) would have been my biggest prerequisites for this task.
  17. Very late reply to this one. All the schools in our LA who reported this issue have now confirmed it no longer affects them, we believe it was down to an update of Adobe Reader although we are not certain.
  18. Also worth mentioning that it won't work if you have installed the SIMS client application to a directory other than it's default one - "C:\Program Files\SIMS\SIMS .net" I generally use a GPO to deploy another batch file which calls "SIMSPerm.bat domain/group" as a startup (not login) script, this way it runs under the system account and just works. (Be careful to point it at the UNC path ie "\\servername\sims" etc and not at a mapped drive - system accounts won't map drives). @ Matt40k, I haven't tried on Win7 yet but might get a chance early this week as I'm going to a school where they have a couple of new W7 machines which they want SIMS on - If I find out I'll update this post.
  19. I would take a day off and surf the web all day. Then multiply what you've done by 30. One months heavy traffic.
  20. I'm in a very similar boat, slightly older than you and at each general election I've been eligible for (this one will be the third) I will have voted for different parties. There really should be a mechanism by which you can positively abstain friom the process - ie tick a box to say "You're all crap, but I wish to excercise my right to vote." Sad yes, but hardly surprising is it.
  21. Slightly different answer to what you are asking for but. 1)If you have a Windows Server, (assuming you know the values) you can do this through Group Policy and it will be quicker/easier. 2)VBS or AutoIt would be better than batch file. Something like this in AutoIt would get you started with an app that would prompt you for the values. GUICreate("Registry Changer") $RegHive1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("Reg Hive 1",50,50) $Key1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("Key 1",50,65) $RegHive2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("Reg Hive 2",50,80) $Key1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("Key 1",50,95) $Value_I_Set1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("What I want to set key 1 to.") $Value_I_Set2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("What I want to set key 2 to") RegWrite ( $RegHive1, $Key1 , $Value_I_Set1) RegWrite ( $RegHive2, $Key2 , $Value_I_Set2) While 1 $msg = guigetmsg() Select CASE CASE
  22. Good man, If enough people did it they would have to make it an option. They should at least count them in order to say "X number of spoiled ballots". Some people write some pretty funny stuff on them.
  23. Spoilt ballots are such a shame, I have counted votes during local and national elections in previous years and all that happens to spoilt ballots is they get chucked in a different basket and thrown away. There really should be a box you can tick to positively abstain from the election.
  24. As a generalisation aimed at summarising what's out there today I don't think your assessment is too wide of the mark whatsoever. There are however massive fluctuations between schools that are well kitted out and those which have little or nil kit altogether.
  25. One more vote for autoit. Love it.
×
×
  • Create New...