Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

TronXP

Members
  • Posts

    689
  • Joined

Everything posted by TronXP

  1. This article may help Create a Win7 Gadget - tutorial, sample, Windows 7, gadget.xml, sidebar, Hello World, localappdata, debugging, ZIP file, Dan Rollins
  2. It is a problem for me, I live in a rural area and get 3Mb/s at most. Looking at the average speed tests on speedtest.net the UK comes 40th, beaten by latvia, romania. I'd rather they spent money on getting the UK a modern fast infrastructure then spending it on the olympics, or giving every unemployed person a laptop.
  3. Have to agree being a CPC owner myself
  4. well I have been told the reason for no ICT suite is not money and that costs haven't come into the decsion.
  5. I think the easiest way is just to goto my computer and then right click on the usbdrive and select "scan with sophos antivirus" Don't know if you can add extras to the "shield"
  6. We are currently designing a new Junior school, and the schools advisors and architects have told the head\govenors that they don't need a dedicated ICT suite and that all new schools use laptops/wireless to change any room into a ICT classroom. I am slightly concerned, simply because currently the juniors here have a dedicated ICT suite which is used to teach ICT and is available to them break/lunch and after school. We then have a set of laptops that they use in the classrooms to aid them in other areas of the curriculum. (i.e. they want to do some research on the victorians). Now the teachers and the pupils love coming to the ICT room and many prefer to use the suite over the laptops. If this is what is decided then I will do my best to create a system that will work well for them, but I just feel that its wrong for them to abandon the ICT suite, I would prefer to have the suite and laptops. What are peoples opinions/experiences on this matter?? Thank you.
  7. We still have that in our It suite and junior laptops. It was awful, but with all the patches its not too bad.
  8. We have a botched up cat 5e cable to some moving heads, has been working fine. another place i tech at used to have all its mic sockets wired up using cat 5e from stage - patch panel. again works fine.
  9. have to agree, the whole topic is simply designed for
  10. I got ours from Junior Viewpoint : ICT : Database Only problem we have had is that it installs all of the sample files into the my documents of the user who installs the software, so we just moved it all into a share and it works fine.
  11. Does anybody have any risk assement for their IT department which they would be willing to share?, I have looked on the forums already but the one link that appeared to have what I wanted no longer works. Thanks
  12. What he is saying, is he wants to set up a disaster recovery site (i.e in a sperate location)
  13. Cheers for the edit, after I clicked it! Don't forget it says " I like watching gay porn" which made my technicians chuckle
  14. I am in no way a fan of capita, but it seems that capita can't win. When they don't keep up to date, everyone complains and if they try to keep upto date then yet again complaints. Software assurance is a good thing to have!
  15. TronXP

    Smart Table

    Yes like you had at BETT, but like usual SMT decide after BETT that they want to look at one
  16. TronXP

    Smart Table

    Our Junior Dept are interested in the SMART tables. Has anybody in the north east got one and would be willing for us to come and see one in action, or does anybody know of any companies who could loan us one to look at? Thanks
  17. I Got gateshead from conferance to coca cola championship(no editing), but then the money gap just becomes too big for a small club.
  18. TronXP

    CD Burning

    We use Ashampoo Burning Studio too, works a treat.
  19. copy and paste,drag and drop, unbelievable how many people don't get it
  20. 65" plasma are around the £3000-6000 range so lets say £4000, plus the smart frame which is around £2000 thats £6000 on a 65" smart display. You could get a 680i 77" for around the £2800-3000 mark.
  21. Really depends on the size of your classroom, generally speaking the LCD/Plasma will not be as big as the projector/smartboard combo, and the smart frame when I last checked was about the same price as a smartboard. So factor in the cost of a decent sized lcd/plasma it is more expensive for a smaller image size.
  22. We have some of the older M57 small form factors, and so far they have been excellent, must have had them a year now and not one has missed a heartbeat.
  23. I need a favour! I would like to come and have a look at thin clients working in a school, and see how well they work etc. Is there anybody in the north east who would be willing to let me come and have a look and ask questions! Thanks
  24. We have around 1000 students and our serco/eportal comes in at about 14.5k ex vat
  25. Thank you all for your help. Gives me something to look at.
×
×
  • Create New...