TronXP
Members-
Posts
689 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by TronXP
-
We have turned off our novell system for the last time! After 10 years of service from Netware 5.1 to 6.5 it has been a fond and interesting time. Time for a new era of Server 2008R2 and Windows 7!
-
Independant of around 900 PC:Student ration is 1:6
-
It may be to do with the hidden partitions on the drives. I think we deleted all the service\hidden partitions and everything from our T60's. Then create one new partition.
-
We have T60's imaged XP with Ghost and we just used WDS for 7. No problems so far for us.
-
Have you checked the screws under the pen tray? We have had a few boards where the screws have worked loose or have been tightened too much and this has caused a similar issue to what yours is showing.
-
Happy birthday
-
CMiS is serco but I think they just call it Facility now
-
Or with 7/vista hit the start button and type the name of the application and it finds it for you
-
Simple answer for me is No. XP is tired and dated and it has been an excellent OS for many years, but its time to look to the future and move on. Things change and we have to adapt. After using 7 now for so long I cringe when I go to an XP workstation. In no way is 7 perfect and I don't pretend it is but it is a good improvement over vista.
-
The "I pretend to take on board what your saying and then disregard any useful advice department"
-
I like the fact all their "testimonials" have no company references and most are anonymous.
-
I don't suppose anybody else on here has a computronics LED display board? We have misplaced the CD with the software on and getting hold of it seems to be a problem!
-
Win for virtualization =-/
-
I am pretty sure it is how many physical CPUs in the server. So if the physical server has 2 processors then it is 2x£1000. Microsoft Volume Licensing - Multicore Processor Licensing
-
I have been using clustered file servers on my Novell systems for around 5 years and it has been brilliant and it does work. We are making the big leap this summer (now) into Server 2008R2 and I have a clustered file services up and running and from our tests so far it seems to work just as in the novell system. It was quite easy to set up and the cluster validation process helps you sort out any problems before you even start setting it up.
-
I have hundreds of A and M series lenovo's bought over the last 5-6 years, so far only 1 motherboard failure. I have to say that I have been very pleased with the reliability of the computers and dealing with lenovo with any issues we might have had. I don't know how many Lenovo's you have had failed but your post does not reflect my experience with the A and M series.
-
when you create a service such as a file service on a cluster the service will get an ip and a name (mine is CLUSTFS01). You create a share on the this and call it by this name (CLUSTFS01\SHARE). When a node fails the service will then move to the next node.
-
Would this be any good? Free Backup Software: Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition - Overview or http://www.gfi.com/backup-hm
-
Good 24port Gigabit switch for Server SAN connection
TronXP replied to sacrej's topic in Wireless Networks
I use the DGS-3024 both as our edge switches and we have one just for SAN switch. For the money they do the job and have plenty of features, So far they have been very reliable we have had 1 failure in 4 years. -
Students own laptops bypassing internet filter
TronXP replied to TronXP's topic in How do you do....it?
Independant school so no LEA, parents have bought the laptop -
Students own laptops bypassing internet filter
TronXP replied to TronXP's topic in How do you do....it?
Thats the sort of info I require, is do you have it in you AUP about 3g cards and how do you enforce it. -
Students own laptops bypassing internet filter
TronXP replied to TronXP's topic in How do you do....it?
Don't have side wide wireless, no money for it no money in next few years, thats out of the question. Even if there was they would use the 3g to avoid our filter -
We have a few students who bring there own laptops in because of various learning difficulties. They don't hook them into our network but they do use their inbuilt 3G card to get onto unfiltered internet. (also an issue with mobile phones) We are looking into the best way to approach this and would like to know what other schools have done/opionions on this. Thanks
-
Log into your Volume licence site on microsoft and download an iso. Burn it and hey presto!
-
About 5 years ago the story was it was edinburgh university found a Novell server bricked up in an old cupboard still working that had been missing for 8 years! From what I can remember it was in a computer magazine.
