-
Posts
909 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by jsnetman
-
Everything you mention is running just fine here, I suppose it depends on the NM.
-
And you guys actually pay 90 quid per machine for all this hassle. Glad I went vanilla!
-
Don't seem to have a problem with it here, I think I had some trouble installing it i.e permissions but after that all is fine.
-
I am on version 4 and as long as the cfg.xml file is in the same folder as the msi the msi picks it up. So just configure the xml file with the correct port and deploy/redeploy. I had some confusion about which msi to install but for xp and version 4 you need "eavbe_nt32_enu.msi"
-
Or simply "regedit.exe /s myregfile.reg" in a startup batch file. The reg file being in the startup scripts folder.
-
We also had this done by the LEA. They wanted us to make some pretty dramatic changes and it felt like we could not say no. One particular thing they pulled us for was wireless encryption and they stating we should be using radius. We set this up but could never get it to worlk as good as the normal way so we abondoned radius and went back to WEP. If it is anything like our LEA they will want to see MS and antivirus licenses, they did not bother with any curriculum software.
-
Thats why I gave up on Backupexec, the licensing model stinks and is overly complicated and very expensive. Now using yosemite and it's a joy to use and configure.
-
Just to dull their enthusiasm a bit of PC cleaning is required. Give em a duster and some Mr Muscle.
-
Sorry I don't undestand this. You download IEAK you then are prompted to download IE8 full install. Wherever it comes from it has already resided on a PC or server.
-
For a network or corporate install download IEAK for IE8 you can then download and customise it to your environment. Once that is done you can deploy or install without an internet connection.
-
Yes right nsllookup returns my server Ip the same way. Is your server static or obtain it's IP from DHCP?
-
QUESTIONS: mckee.lancs.sch.uk, type = A, class = IN ANSWERS: -> mckee.lancs.sch.uk internet address = 10.74.50.230 ttl = 600 (10 mins) I don't undestand this bit 10's IP addresses cannot be on the internet they are private IP's reserved for networks.
-
Just a question, does your server have a static ip assigned to it? just looking at your IP for the server seems a bit odd. One would normally have a range at the start of your IP Range/DHCP reserved for servers and so on.
-
Nice, but when I load the site it does a funny wobble when the scrolling picture loads and then goes into compatibility mode.
-
If you have not got the competence to work this out you should not be doing it in the 1st place.
-
I had to do this kind of thing about a year ago, you can do a formula in excel to estimate how long they have roughly spent on the web, but as mentioned in previous post it's impossible to be accurate. But it would give a rough idea. You can calculate the time between hits and also only calculate hits within a certain time i.e. within say 30 seconds, thus indicating that they are probably browsing, but again not accurate. i will dig out the spreadsheet tomorrow and see if I can locate the sum.
-
You can use DSMOD to change attributes. I had to to it a while back to fill in information for our exchange server. You create a spread sheet with all your users and then add the entries as follows. You can export your users using dsmod or csvde I can't remember which one. and insert them into the sheet dsmod user "CN=testpupil,OU=Intake02,OU=student,OU=Accounts,DC=jschs,DC=local" -fn Joe -ln Bloggs -desc PUPIL -office SM -dept SM -company "Your school" You then export it from excel to a text file and then change it to a bat file and run it on your domain controller. You can change any attribute you like.
- 30 replies
-
- active directory
- bulk modify
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
To be fair thats a pretty old printer but on the other hand you could have used the HP universal print driver for win 7.
-
We are fully 2008 R2 now with xp clients, we have a working image for win 7 and have tested deployment and group policy. You need to apply gpo's from 2008 as they have all the features that win 7 will use. You can apply GP from win 2003 but will have very limited functionality. We currently use mandatory profiles for xp but was kinda thinking of going to a local profile as I heard mandatory was a no no in Vista, not sure if it's the same scenario for win7 but presume it is as it's a follow on from vista.
-
News | DriverPacks.net We created a universal win xp install disk with the driver packs from here, have not come across a machine that does not pick up a driver from it so far.
-
New baby here, she will be 9 months old at xmas so want to make it special. Otherwise I'm a bahumbug when it comes to xmas.
-
You can create an MST file to accomplish all of the options. You can download the MST file creator off their website.
-
Done it here with xp clients, no issues at all really.
-
MSI installation with group policy - srv 2008
jsnetman replied to lafleur1977's topic in Windows Server 2008
I had this problem. Try assigning the software from an xp workstation with the admin tools installed. -
After the pxe boot does it say anything about x64 architecture?
